Can't open the hand of the knight on bonus

[Post New]by NanaPinheiro on May 17, 14 1:31 PM
How can I manage to open the knight's hand? The SG only informs that we have to open them, but how?

Re:Can't open the hand of the knight on bonus

[Post New]by johnadam74 on May 17, 14 2:46 PM
Click on the knight's fingers one by one.

[Post New]by NanaPinheiro on May 17, 14 4:40 PM
Thanks, johnadam74, I really tried that but didn't work. I've already tried a combination of fingers like it was a puzzle but "nada" so I decided to reinstall the game and play once more to see.

[Post New]by rubydeewaltz on May 17, 14 6:01 PM
You know what......I can't open his hands either. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled and restarted in the main game play and I don't want to do it again. I think big fish had better come up with a patch and fast. I don't often have trouble but when I do it makes me extremely angry. I work hard for my money and I don't like wasting it! Come on big fish get it together already.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on May 18, 14 4:54 AM
NanaPinheiro wrote:Thanks, johnadam74, I really tried that but didn't work. I've already tried a combination of fingers like it was a puzzle but "nada" so I decided to reinstall the game and play once more to see.
Only four fingers are shown on each hand, I clicked them 1-3-2-4. Not sure if it makes any difference!
Sometimes games require you to complete puzzles in a linear fashion. If you haven't placed the rope and burning torch on the two wires sticking out of the ground, try doing that before the fingerling thing?
I know how frustrating it can be when some tiny details throws you for a loop. This game has done that to me, more than once. Still loved the game.

Edited on 05/18/2014 at 4:56:45 AM PST

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on May 18, 14 5:11 AM
I have been trying for what seems like forever and I cant get the knights fingers to open - I thought it was me until i saw other comments.
All I have in my inventory is 2 stone shards and the hint button keeps sending me to the knight - but no luck - as I have said - tried all fingers in several sequences - but nothing
What a time for the game to have problems!!!!

xapa
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by xapa on May 18, 14 5:20 AM
Janeypat wrote:I have been trying for what seems like forever and I cant get the knights fingers to open - I thought it was me until i saw other comments.
All I have in my inventory is 2 stone shards and the hint button keeps sending me to the knight - but no luck - as I have said - tried all fingers in several sequences - but nothing
What a time for the game to have problems!!!!

I have the same problem, at first it was only one finger that did not work, then I uninstalled and reinstalled and NO fingers worked, then I once again uninstalled and reinstalled again AND still no fingers worked

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on May 18, 14 5:35 AM
Looks like I join the rest of you here. I too am stuck with the knight. I have tried several ways and nothing works. I had to start over in the beginning with a new profile because of another problem, and I refuse to do so again. I would so appreciate the game developers giving the exact order to open the fingers. I tried version stated here 1,3,2,4, that didn't work for me. Does anyone out there know the exact order? Please someone help!!! I really would like to finish this game. So frustrating!!!

[Post New]by NanaPinheiro on May 18, 14 7:31 AM
For all posted messages:
1. I uninstall the game by the game manager
2. I open the research page to look inside my computer to any part of the game that may still remaning and deleted all of them
3. I loaded my register cleaner.
4. Only after doing that I reinstall the game, played again and it worked. I finally could open the knight's fingers one by one and go on with the game till the end

I've found the remaining parts of the game on my computer in C\:Users\(my register name, open Appdata>>>Roaming>>>Deep Shadows, and that was the file I've deleted to continue the other steps(3,4)

I hope that works for everyone. Good luck!!!

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on May 18, 14 11:22 AM
I was able to open the knights fingers by starting with the lower hand and clicking on the pinky, ring, middle then index. I did the same for the upper hand and was able to release the sword. Please be aware that for many of us the game come to a complete halt after completing this action by booting you from the game and stating, "application encountered unrecoverable error, unable to continue."
As stated earlier in one of the posts, you may have to use the two wires with the rope to create a slingshot with the torch prior to being able to get the sword. This is sequence that I had done and was able to get that far.
I hope those of you who are having the difficulty of opening the knights hands are able to continue once you get the sword and do not encounter the error issue.
Good luck.

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on May 18, 14 3:32 PM
Nanapinheiro - Thank you so much for your suggestions. I did deleted game, game manager, etc., reinstalled game manager and game. Only thing I had to start all over again with new profile (which I hate doing) but it actually worked!!! I was able to complete the game. Once again thank you and I hope everyone else with same problem can finish as well.

KCErin
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by KCErin on May 19, 14 3:31 PM
Same problem with the Knight's fingers; I opened all but the pinky finger. I thought I would be clever and exit the game. That worked (sorta) - when I reopened the game, the fingers were again closed but now none of them will open. I hope there is a patch for this problem soon.

[Post New]by katefinney27 on May 19, 14 6:58 PM
Nice idea to go "inside" your computer and fix the bug, but for those of us that are not as computer literate, it is not a viable solution, unfortunately. Besides, when I buy something that doesn't work properly, I bring it back to the store and either return it or get a new one. I don't fix it myself usually.

Any ideas from the devs?

Go to: