bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Insider Tales: Stolen Venus forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 24, 09 11:00 PM
Welcome to Insider Tales: Stolen Venus forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Insider Tales: Stolen Venus players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Insider Tales: Stolen Venus forum

[Post New]by thayes416 on Mar 25, 09 5:44 AM
I downloaded the trial this morning and the picture was scrambled. I've played alot of hidden object games but when I couldn't find the "prints" i used the hint and it took me to a spot on the wall which there was nothing there. Is this a glich in the game or what? Has anyone else experienced this. Troubled and confused.

[Post New]by Greenleafer on Mar 25, 09 7:03 AM
Why isn't there a normal picture?How can you play a game that looks like it's been written in Greek.I love the preview but won't be playing it until it's fixed

MizzD
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by MizzD on Mar 25, 09 7:19 AM
I get as far as the pier to get the knife and the cursor disappears and I cannot play any further. Is anyone else having this problem?

[Post New]by dee43821 on Mar 25, 09 7:31 AM
I am having the same problems with the game not going any further once I get to the boat. I can't get my cursor or get the list of items I need to look for. Is anyone having this problem?

scrollingmama
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by scrollingmama on Mar 25, 09 8:15 AM
I downloaded the game yesterday and couldn't play at all. The opening screen was so scrambled I couldn't make heads or tales of it. I did an alt+f4 out and tried again and the same thing happened, so I uninstalled it. Was this just a problem with the original download or what? I really would like to try this game.

Edited on 03/25/2009 at 8:16:02 AM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Mar 25, 09 8:48 AM
I am really sorry that this is happening because this is a nice game. From the descriptions, it sounds like you are all having a graphics problem and may need to update your drivers.

I am using a PC with WIN XP Pro. I have the latest Flash. My card is Invidia G Force 6600, resolution 800X600, 32bit.

Some of you with new computers may have Vista which is 64 bit. It has been noted elsewhere that these games are made for 32 bit systems. Some with Vista are having problems, others not. Wish I knew the answer for you

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Mar 25, 09 8:54 AM
I also had the problem with some of the things you had to find being essentially invisible. It started with the prints, three of which I could not see even after using the "hint" button (fortunately the hint function pinpoints the location enough so you can click on the "nothing" and get credit for finding the item), and it continued with some of the clues in later scenes. I gave up on this one after the trial. I much prefer HO games (like the "Hidden Expedition" series) that use optical tricks and camauflage to hide the hints, rather than make them so faint or so dark-on-dark that they are still invisible after being pointed out.

[Post New]by DianaFP on Mar 25, 09 9:13 AM
scrollingmama wrote:I downloaded the game yesterday and couldn't play at all. The opening screen was so scrambled I couldn't make heads or tales of it. I did an alt+f4 out and tried again and the same thing happened, so I uninstalled it. Was this just a problem with the original download or what? I really would like to try this game.

I am having the exact same problem. Game loads and music plays fine, but the screen is so scambled I cannot even begin to play the game. The same thing happened to me with Fairy Jewels 2 and Elven Mists2. I believe these are all Intenium games? I have windows vista and for some reason I cannot play these games, but my friend that has an older computer with Windows XP with a smaller monitor has no problem. Anybody? Help?

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 25, 09 9:32 AM
I could play the game alright, but the hint system was very strange - didn't always work.And I picked up the weirdest coconut I have ever seen. Misnamed articles like lamp, when in fact it's a light bulb, were a bit annoying. Shame: other features were good. I'll give this one a miss i think.

lcoffbaby
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,071 Posts

[Post New]by lcoffbaby on Mar 25, 09 9:35 AM
dee43821 wrote:I am having the same problems with the game not going any further once I get to the boat. I can't get my cursor or get the list of items I need to look for. Is anyone having this problem?

hi guys!!! welcome to the pond!! great to have you here...

as for the problem with the cursor it's actually happening to quite a few of us and we contacted CS through email but haven't heard back yet....so i'm suuuuuuuuuuper impatient and am on hold with live chat right now LOL

i will sure let you know what i find out....i'll either be back here or will post a thread about it k??

No worries!!!! hope to see you around!!

[Post New]by gold109 on Mar 25, 09 10:37 AM
MizzD wrote:I get as far as the pier to get the knife and the cursor disappears and I cannot play any further. Is anyone else having this problem?

Dawspaws
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Dawspaws on Mar 25, 09 1:38 PM
I downloaded the game yesterday and did not have any problems. I finished it and found it very enjoyable for a relaxing and simple game. If you're looking for something not too challenging, then this is the game for you. I have an Ausu Games Series computer that uses Vista64. Perhaps some having problems may need to upgrade their video card. Don't really know, just a suggestion. Hope you all get it resolved, because this is a fun game. Hate to have you all miss it.

nat4u
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by nat4u on Mar 25, 09 1:57 PM
Hey everyone........ I have noticed that I am not alone with the cursor disappearing at the boat scene. This is my first time in joining the forum, but I have used all the hints and tips that have posted for previous games. Does anyone know if there is a fix available yet? If so, where can I find it? Thanks

Murray4
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Murray4 on Mar 25, 09 8:43 PM
I have been playing the game and have noted a lot of "glitches" but it's a fun game so I just get a hint and move on. Big Fish is very good to try and solve the problems with a game or credit your account. Yea!!

LilBit65
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by LilBit65 on Mar 30, 09 7:51 AM
I tried to play. I really liked as far as I got before the glitches started. I would have bought it but until it is fixed forget it.

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Apr 4, 09 2:19 AM
This one isn't for me. I found it tiresome and annoying, and the cursor stuff extra annoying. Didn't even get through 20 minutes of the trial before I uninstalled it.

[Post New]by debo7south on Apr 9, 09 6:46 AM
SEAANEOBA
I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITHSTOLEN VENUES,IGET TO THE PLACE WHERE THE PIECES ARE HAING BEEN SPLIT I CANOT GET MY CURSOUR LEAVES ME AND I CANT GET ANY FURTHER IN THE GAME, I WISH YOUO COULD HELP MY GET PAST THAT AREA I WOULD APPRECIATE THE HELP. OTHERWISE I CANNOT PLAY THE GAME , I HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED THIS GAME. I WOULD REALLY ENJOY THE GAME OTHERWISE. THANKS TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME GET PASTED THIS PART.

[Post New]by Lilulu039 on Apr 15, 09 1:33 PM
I am also having the problems of the cursor disappearing. I played the free trial and liked it so I purchased the game. As soon as I got to the spot where the boat is it started messing up on me. I have tried to play it without the cursor but of course it is very difficult (but challeging). I am annoyed by it but really would like to finish the game, I hope they can come up with a solution but if not I guess I will have to get another credit.

[Post New]by Emmettkelly on Apr 30, 09 12:20 PM
I get to the pier and have the same problem. I don't understand why Big Fish doesn't take it out of their line-up until they get it fixed. I bought the game wome time ago and haven't been able to play it. I think I will get ahold of customer support and see what they have to say.

Go to: