Gophers?

[Post New]by Midoria on May 18, 14 1:23 AM
There is a goal about chasing Gophers. But how do yyou get the Gophers to show up? I´ve never seen one. Please help!

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

Re:Gophers?

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on May 18, 14 1:31 AM
The kids will do this randomly. Be ready to praise them to get the reward.

spoiler: highlight to see

First watch for the child to dig a hole to China, usually in the back yard to the upper right. Later on if the adults don't fill in the hole, gophers will come to the backyard to the upper left. If you have praised the child before for playing in the grass the child will like to be playing back there anyway. The gopher comes up and you hear a bunch of giggling and kissing, this is when you green glove praise the child to get the trophy.

JaneDoe100
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by JaneDoe100 on May 18, 14 11:25 AM
How to "Chase gophers" goal:
#1: You want to encourage kids to do actions such as "playing on the lawn", playing on the grass, dirt, etc. They are more likely to complete #2 when encouraged to play outside without toys such as the pool, sandbox, or outdoor structure. Encouraging playing with outside toys doesn't count, only things on the grass.

#2: At one point in the game your child(ren) may do the action "Digging a hole to China". Don't stop them! They will dig up a gopher hole.

#3: WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T EVER LET ANYONE FILL THE HOLE!!!

#4: When you hear the child laughing and a kissing sound outside, go and praise them and you will complete the goal.

[Post New]by Midoria on May 18, 14 11:40 AM
Thanks for helping me

JaneDoe100
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by JaneDoe100 on May 18, 14 12:17 PM
No problem. I haven't been able to get it done yet, but my friend has and she said that's what you have to do.
Glad I could help!

cookme
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by cookme on May 28, 14 4:28 AM
I just green-handed a child for "Playing on the lawn" and it fulfilled the gopher goal. There was no hole to China. "Playing on the lawn" brings the gophers. You can pick up and drop a child repeatedly until the desired activity occurs if you don't want to wait for it to happen.

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on May 28, 14 6:07 AM
Cookme you're right i just did what you suggested in my other game and got it right away! no hole to China, not needed at all. Thank you!

cookme
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by cookme on May 28, 14 11:46 AM
Glad it worked for you, DivaDoodle. I appreciate all the tips you have given!

JaneDoe100
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by JaneDoe100 on May 30, 14 1:26 PM
Well... I feel... a little stupid right now...
Today I was praising my kid for playing on the lawn, all of a sudden bam! Below the screen, I see "You praised someone for chasing gophers!" I was like WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

finegael
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by finegael on Jun 5, 14 4:39 PM
Well we dug a hole, but overnight while the computer was off, the hole mysteriously got filled. Now I have to wait until another generation wants to go play in the dirt.
In the meantime, if I get a hole dug again, what do I have to do to keep the hole from being filled in?

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Jun 6, 14 8:41 AM
finegael wrote:Well we dug a hole, but overnight while the computer was off, the hole mysteriously got filled. Now I have to wait until another generation wants to go play in the dirt.
In the meantime, if I get a hole dug again, what do I have to do to keep the hole from being filled in?

finegael we don't need a hole to China, just praise them when they are playing in the grass and or playing on the lawn, and the gophers will come and you will hear a kissing sound. praise them again and you will have the trophy!

Go to: