epdove1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Running in Circles and into a Wall

[Post New]by epdove1 on May 19, 14 9:46 AM
I'm an addict like everyone else--I'm now at Level 24 and am now running in very limited circles until the update. But that's only part of the problem--I need certain items to finish a Crafting and when I go to find them, something else pops up, not the thing I need. Maybe once out of a zillion times I get what I need, but not that often. It's starting to get on my very last nerve. Am I doing something wrong, or is the game just being a giant PITA? Thanks for any help--I'm going to go slam my head into a Winter Garden wall now.

Re:Running in Circles and into a Wall

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on May 19, 14 10:59 AM
Hi !! epdove1, I am ARIZONA , and I hate to tell you this ....but.... the game is being what you call a PITA . I am on LEVEL 23 and can't get items unless on a major quest ... not even for the GNOMES QUEST . Sorry , hated to ruin your day .

Hope you have a good day anyway .

If there is anything I can help you with and I have it will be happy to send it to you
player name is JOEY 73232

Edited on 05/19/2014 at 11:06:20 AM PST

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on May 19, 14 12:20 PM
I hate to add fuel to the fire but i've finished level 24 and trying to re-build my inventory back up and I can't craft anything for future use. In one whole week i've managed to get hold of one blood orchid and i've used sixteen live potions (all I could get) and not been given one black flower, only getting the wing, shamrock and horns.

I guess they're ensuring nobody gets a head start on the next update

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 19, 14 12:34 PM
guppies,
Maybe we'll be lucky and will finally start using some of those vampires palms, cannonballs, and plain tickets? I hope I hope I hope . (We need a fingers-crossed emoticon, maybe a does the same?)

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on May 19, 14 1:46 PM
rosiebvt wrote:guppies,
Maybe we'll be lucky and will finally start using some of those vampires palms, cannonballs, and plain tickets? I hope I hope I hope . (We need a fingers-crossed emoticon, maybe a does the same?)

Lol Rosiebvt, I had a clear out and sold 50 of each not to mention heaviness of sin and i'm still left with 60+ of each of them and to make matters worse, the HOS's are trying to replenish what has gone.

If you work the secret out as to how to avoid these items please let me know lol.

[Post New]by Pagan_Twylight on May 19, 14 2:30 PM
There are a couple of strategies that you might try. One is to never have the item you are wanting to craft open, i.e. do not use the find path or have it 'active' by leaving it the one highlighted when you go to look for the item you want. The second is NOT to open the Daily Quests. Once you accept those, and you can't get around it if you open it, then in my experience, whatever is needed for a task, other than just searching HOS, will NOT be forthcoming. There are a couple of threads discussing this, one is titled something about the find paths in the Daily Quests not working, not sure of the other although I am following both since there has been some speculation about this subject in them.

My own opinion of what is happening is in there somewhere, as are a few others that have attempted to notice how the game actually functions. General conclusion from me is that these are deliberate programming strategies, and personally I am getting pretty fed up with them. It was great when they fixed the Bow Horror, but even then, grateful as I was, I wondered when the other shoe would drop and we would find out what they did to offset it. Lack of needed items has always been programmed into the game, IMO, but it seems to be worse now.

A third option is to get a second and third game up to a helpful level and use them to feed your first game with what you need most. It can be done if you are on a quest in one that needs the item you also need, but it is a slow way to go about getting what you want. I did manage to get a lot of Amulets of Challenge crafted that way, until I ran out of some of the other items needed to get the Third item needed. I had Pete asking for symbol of holy fire in my main game, someone in another game was asking for riveted disks...the Stamp of pain was the item I eventually had trouble getting. So there are strategies to use, but none of them are particularly good. The game, again only my opinion, shouldn't be this frustrating and I'm getting more and more disillusioned by it, Elephant, and BFG by the day.

Pagan

I've often wondered if there was a way for several players to band together to work on crafting things. Someone with a game getting a certain item, with two or three other players, all working toward the same crafted item, each supplying only one item and supplying them to one another. I haven't work out exactly how to do it, but I think it could be done. Not ideal as it would take a lot of time.

PT

epdove1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by epdove1 on May 20, 14 7:36 AM
I'm very grateful for all the suggestions and had wondered if I could clone myself for another game to supply my original self with stuff I needed. I am definitely interested in that, so I guess I'll try to figure that out. I'd stick my player number in here, but hafta open the game again. And if I succeed in cloning myself, I'll stick both of them in here. I knew this pool of Big Fishies would come through for me! A big fishy kiss to all of you!

[Post New]by Pagan_Twylight on May 20, 14 7:47 AM
Are you on a PC or IPad? If you are on a PC, just add another user and start a new game there. I'm not sure what the IPad entails. There are instructions somewhere in the forum for starting a new game as another user on the PC, but I don't remember the name of the thread. LIzzieK might be able to point you to it, and it might be in the strategy guide, although I don't remember seeing it there. You might try searching the forum for "setting up another user" or something like that. I don't know how the search function works in the forum, as I've never used it.

Pagan

[Post New]by Pagan_Twylight on May 20, 14 10:11 AM
The original poster of the instructions has just given them out again and you can find them here: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/281172.page

Pagan

epdove1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by epdove1 on May 20, 14 11:36 AM
Thank you so very, very much, Pagan. I'm going to do that right now--the help is deeply appreciated. Have peace.

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on May 20, 14 4:31 PM
Oh do we have another speller or maybe a flower child?? ... no matter we can use both... *epdove* if you are a weaver welcome to the forum and may I present our resident weaver and her aid.. Pagan _Twylight and Lady Diane and if you are a flower child that is good also you can cover the battle field with flowers and cover up the of the acid poopie that was drop ... not saying by who because if I do I may end up next rosie's hubby in the rosie
*POOF* before I get myself in more trouble lol

Go to: