GILEAN
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

JEWEL QUEST II TOURNAMENT

[Post New]by GILEAN on Mar 25, 09 4:56 AM
Anyone got any tips for me? I love this game but I'm just too slow and I get beaten by everyone all over the world!!

Re:JEWEL QUEST II TOURNAMENT

[Post New]by gwelch69 on Jun 6, 09 6:22 PM
DON'T FEEL BAD I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. MY HIGHTEST RATING HAS BEEN 116. OTHERWISE RATING IS 100. DON'T KNOW HOW MANY GAMES YOU HAVE PLAYED BUT I HAVE 538 LOST AND 109 WINS.

JERRY

[Post New]by Riverwn2 on Apr 11, 10 11:28 PM
You finish the screen before your opponent, you get gold coins and he STILL beats you, by quite alot usually. You dont know why.

There is a few secrets to Jewel Quest 2, to win. The most important thing to know is, the game does NOT score you high on what you think--to change that first screen to gold, then get coins as fast as you can. That is the "stated" goal of the gane but that is NOT what scores you high.

SCREEN 1;

Scan the screen fast--what is the hardest space to turn gold? It is usually at the bottom of the screen. Concentrate on that space, then next hardest space and so on. If there are "locked" spaces, do those first.

IGNORE the spaces at the top of the screen unless it is an unusually hard space to get (the space sticking out at the side alone).

IGNORE the coins, let them fall away. Dont bother with them unless they help you clear a row. you waste time trying to save them. LET THEM FALL.

NEVER NEVER use a coin to finish this screen, the game will score you LOW from that point on. It is the kiss of death to winning-you wont ever win.

Just concentrate on that bottom row and work your way up a row at a time. While you are doing that, the majority of spaces on the top will change for you (as they
fall), so do NOT waste time doing the top until all else is done.

The game is aware that you are concentrating on the bottom row and scores you much higher. BOTTOM ROW FIRST.

Here is a BIG, HUGE secret. The game scores the highest on combo shots--you know, L shapes of coins, cross shapes, etc. If you see one-- stop to get it, your score will jump.

Do NOT watch the other player, youre wasting time.

Do NOT stop trying, keep going!!
-------------------------
SCREEN 2, getting coins AFTER the spaces are ALL gold;

Again, stay at the bottom!! The longer the rows of coins, the higher the score jumps and the game will set up more for you to fall nicely!

Pick a row that looks good to work on and go side to side either side of that row, Horizontal, vertical knocking coins out. (3 rows)

AGAIN remember that any combo shots (coins or matching items), make your score JUMP much higher.

[Post New]by sadona on Aug 6, 10 10:02 AM
I disagree, I have won on the first screen by using coins to clear spaces.

what i want to know is WHY the stupid thing keeps crashing?

does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

[Post New]by gondor768 on Oct 21, 10 6:16 AM
no kidding! I really like the tournament mode, but I am getting SO tired of the game crashing.

Any suggestions? or is this a problem everyone is having?

fifi949
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by fifi949 on Nov 15, 10 10:47 PM
same here, I'm sick of it

[Post New]by juliehart on Jan 23, 11 11:27 AM
Does anyone understand the scoring for the tournament? I will win against some one with a high score and get only 9 points and then lose to someone and lose 21 points.

How do they score? I am totally lost on this part.

Love the game and will continue to play.

[Post New]by bigsal29 on Jan 29, 11 9:31 AM
It is very frustrating in tournament mode. I can only play about 2-3 games at a time and then the game crashes. As for the scoring, I have no idea either. I have played the regular mode hundreds of times with no problems, so I don't know what's wrong with the tournament mode.

[Post New]by beagle57 on Apr 20, 11 5:42 PM
The game crashes for me every few games. I think I've played a total of 6 before it crashed, that's about it. I even purchased the game and it still crashes! Ticks me off. I've removed and reloaded flash player, game, game manager, etc. and nothing helps - I believe it's in the game itself. I love the game tho. Aside from the game crashing tho, I'm having a problem with the silver coins. I can't seem to accumulate them fast enough, the opponent is kicking my **** on this part. Any strategies on this? Do you clear them off as you line them up or just keep your mind on lining up the jewels and let the coins go as they may?

[Post New]by joyzgamez on May 28, 11 5:33 PM
I also get tired of all the crashes. It is hard to get top scores, just when you are on a roll of a couple of wins, here comes the crash, very frustrating. With all the people writing about the same crash issue in tournament play you would think that there would be a fix. I have been playing this game for a few years so I know what I am talking about.

[Post New]by Egadbert on May 30, 11 4:31 AM
I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I lost all of my history; got to play two tournament games and the game crashed AGAIN. I'm going over to the technical forum to see if there's anything they have to say. If there's no help there I'll leave Big Fish.

[Post New]by lisac2011 on Jul 31, 11 1:14 PM
My tournament goes through iwin.com and it still crashes. We've uninstalled and re-installed 2 or 3 times. We've decided when the game crashes, it's a sign that we've been playing too long!

[Post New]by RusticatedLady on Jan 15, 12 4:18 PM
I found out something really interesting about the game play for Jewel Quest 2 Tournament: You are not playing live against someone else, you are actually playing against a recorded game.

This can be proved by starting a tournament game, getting everything to start up against another person, then disconnect from the internet.

The game by the other person keeps playing.

I found this out by mistake as my internet disconnected during a game last week, but the "Other Person" kept right on playing! Not possible if connected for real, so my conclusion is that the "Other Person's" game is uploaded to your computer through iWin or whoever, and you play against a pre-recorded game.

I think it also records your game and sends it out to compete against other players.

This explains a lot, but it totally took away the fun of playing against another person because it is not a live game.

I guess they are within their rights because they say you play against another person. A great ploy and all that, but totally misleading.

Try it - it's interesting to see someone play against you in a disconnected internet.

[Post New]by angelalea on Feb 22, 12 11:44 AM
i don't understand how unplugging your internet would stop the other player from playing. I see people quit playing all the time and yet i can continue to play. Doesn't mean my game was prerecorded and played later. My games freeze up all the time so I get to sit there and wait for them to unfreeze. When they do I see that my opponent has practically cleared the board and I have to play catch-up. It would be nice to think that if my game freezes then theirs does too but I really don't think anything happening on my end affects the other player.

[Post New]by angelalea on Feb 22, 12 11:52 AM
So I see that many others also have the crashing problem. My main problem is getting kicked out all the time. I thought it was my computer but after seeing all these posts I'm thinking not. The game also freezes up a lot and either doesn't start back at all or starts back up after the other guy has cleared the board. I see where it looks like people just stop playing in the middle of their game and it makes me wonder what I did. Do players get upset if you use coins to clear those hard to get to gold spaces. I wonder if players think that's cheating. From what i read in an earlier post it doesn't look like it's very profitable to use the coins but sometimes I find it's necessary. I wonder if there are any other strategies out there? I see some really high scores and wonder how they got that much. I always play the boards from the bottom and just let the silver coins match up by themselves most of the time. In the jewel quest 2 or 3 tournaments there are buried jewels and some of them are hidden yet my opponents seem to know what the jewels are and have 99% of their boards cleared while I'm still trying to figure out what one jewel is. How do they do that?

[Post New]by carolnewnam on Jan 11, 13 4:42 AM
Why, when I defeat an opponent with a much higher score (8,000+ as opposed to my 2,000) do I get no change in my score?

[Post New]by angelalea on Mar 19, 13 6:37 PM
I don't think the game crashes. It's probably got something to do with the server and too many people on it at the same time.

[Post New]by angelalea on Mar 19, 13 6:38 PM
I'm curious as to what the highest rating is. Does anyone know how high the highest rating is or where to find that information?

Go to: