Edited on 05/20/2014 at 9:06:49 AM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Youda Sushi Chef 2 here

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on May 20, 14 9:02 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Youda Sushi Chef 2 here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Youda Sushi Chef 2.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on May 20, 14 10:40 AM
This really seems to be an updated version of the first one. Don't get me wrong, it is fun, but I am getting a little frustrated as well. I wish when you put the cursor over a symbol it would tell you what it is. I don't know off hand what they are....next, main menu, etc. Even when it gets to the point where it gives you info on updates, it doesn't really explain what they do, just asks you to buy them. I'll have to think about this one whether to buy it or not as I am comfortable with the game play of the first one, and this seems to be the same.

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on May 20, 14 11:35 AM
Customers arrive and decide what to order. You have a recipe book, several ingredients, drinks, etc. You click on each ingredient in the recipe, prepare the sushi, then it goes onto a conveyor belt and makes its way to the customer. As you accumulate gold, there are upgrades to buy. If you select the wrong ingredient or mess up the recipe, there is no way to correct it and it goes on the conveyor belt anyway and just annoys the customers.

I got to about level 12 during the trial, and all was well until that last level, when I was up to about six different types of sushi and about 9 different ingredients plus two kinds of drinks. All the while, you have to keep track of your inventory and order more before you run out (only one ingredient at a time until you upgrade). All in all, it got too frustrating to try to remember all the recipes and stay on top of everything else at the same time while trying to get gold (or even through the level).

If I were a sushi aficionado in real life, which I'm not, maybe the ingredients would be easier to recognize and that would remove some of the frustration in trying to remember all the recipes.

One more thing - the music is very repetitive and can't be turned off or muted without turning off all the sounds. A no buy for me.

[Post New]by CoordinationNOT on May 20, 14 1:38 PM
Wow I don't like this game. The food is so similar. You need to remember how to make the recipes but is it leaf, rice rice? Or maybe it is leaf fish rice or a different order of ingredients. I will not be buying this game.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 20, 14 4:49 PM
I really enjoyed the first Sushi Chef and got really fast at it, so I was excited to see the sequel. I only played the trial hour so far, and almost managed to get to the end of the first restaurant, but I don't like it as much as the first game.

This game seems much more chaotic than the previous. As another poster mentioned, buttons and icons have no mouse overs or labels, so it isn't clear where your clicks are going to take you. Also, are you supposed to play each level three times with different goals? I don't get it.

The shop is a bit confusing - the window is cramped and not clear. I'd much prefer being able to see everything I can buy in one window, rather than one item at a time. Also, other than upgrades there are other things you can buy, but I haven't found use for them yet and the game has provided no tutorial.

During one level, gift boxes started to appear on my conveyor belt. They had a variety of items in them, but because I was so busy filling orders, I didn't understand what the items were or how to use them.

Finally, I hate how all your customers disappear once the timer reaches 0. I like to complete my orders. After all, restaurants don't just kick their customers out at closing time, do they?

I'm still considering buying it because maybe it'll get better with time. But for now I'm scoring it 3/5.

heidid
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by heidid on Jun 10, 14 10:40 AM
I just finished playing through the first game, and started up the demo version of this one with a few things I was looking for. So far, however, this seems to be a big step down. The problems I had with the first game seem to still exist, and there are a bunch of extra things thrown in that don't really improve gameplay for me.

Issues with both games:
1) I want to be able to study the recipes without worrying that my time is running down. Either let me examine the book outside of the levels, or pause the timer while the recipe book is open.
2) It drives me nuts when customers "steal" items that were intended for a person farther down the belt. I really wish there was an option to give an item directly to a customer on occasion - not make it the default, that would be awful, but have it available - maybe as a powerup, or something.

Issues with this version -
1) I really don't like the change in graphics. This one is way too bright and cartoon-like. I really enjoyed the soothing atmosphere of the first.
2) Music - also something others have mentioned. The first one had separate sliders for music & sound effects. Why take that away?
3) Gameplay seems pretty much the same - even some of the same recipes, but they have changed the icons, sometimes to something harder to recognize.
4) Not sure I like the new ordering system - it requires more mouse movement, which is less efficient. This might be less of an issue if I hadn't *just* finished the first game, however.
5) No explanation whatsoever on the levels - why is only 1 star filled in when I got at least double the target income?
6) tutorial, what there is of it, completely interferes with gameplay, can't be skipped, and my timer ran out when I was "forced" to go buy more rice, even though there was only 2 seconds left on the timer and I knew I didn't actually need it.

In all, i won't be buying. This is about a 2.5/5 for me.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jun 11, 14 2:22 AM
OMG how on *earth* does anyone possibly remember any of the recipes?
I think its quite - ok, extremely - unreasonable of them to think that anyone can do that.

I lasted about 20 minutes on the game, and only that long because I decided to try to write the first 3 recipes on my phone next to me) but that system does not work.

Any other TM game that requires using recipes or steps or ingredients, anything like this will give you SOME sort of an on- screen guide. In this one, if you click to go read the recipe in the cookbook, guess what? The game still goes on.

Not very much fun 'tall. I cant even say what any of the rest of the game is like. I couldn't make it past the first few levels and I realized that the only time that has Ever h appened to me before, throughout all the ridiculously high # of time management games that I've played was a few years ago when I tried toplay...guess what game? Sushi Chef I.

This is a definite no buy. 1.5/5 rating from me. But I know how to make the coffee!

majicbird
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by majicbird on Jun 26, 14 5:07 PM
SO HAPPY a new one came out! Loved the first one, and this one is more complex and chaotic, but for me that just means that I can't beat the whole game in one day! Not enough time management games, so I'm very excited to see this. It's longer, and has more variety than the first game. Challenging, I like that! Don't like that I do not get to decorate my restaurants in the second one though.

Go to: