Please post your TECH ISSUES for Hope Lake here

[Post New]by pondprowler on May 21, 14 12:33 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 05/21/2014 at 10:58:15 AM PST

micky1955
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Hope Lake here

[Post New]by micky1955 on May 21, 14 1:28 AM
Fullscreen is too wide for my widescreen monitor.
Have to uncheck fullscreen to see what I am doing but things are too hard to see on small window.
Am using Windows 7 64 bit.

Edited on 05/21/2014 at 11:58:39 AM PST

Bar80
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Bar80 on May 21, 14 2:01 AM
Already in the first HO scene and I can't click on an item that's in the corner. I guess my monitor isn't wide enough. Not worth my time or aggravation.

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on May 21, 14 2:18 AM
hi bar80 i had same problem but found if i changed settings of screen in game menu just for that one ho i could pick it up,

Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by 41273 on May 21, 14 4:14 AM
The game manager goes blank after this game downloads and the computer has to be rebooted. After reboot I get a "trial expired" message.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on May 21, 14 4:27 AM
Curser keeps disappearing or changing from system curser to plain curser. It disappeared completely in the first puzzle (animal figurines) and the fish just kept jumping around. Had to Ctrl/Alt/Del to get out of the game, and while I had the Task Manager up, and after I had pressed End Task two or three times, I was still getting sound? from the game, and the game was still on my Task Bar. I eventually got rid of it.

The game also takes a long while to change scene so moving through the game takes forever, and because it fades down and then up with each scene some instructions are lost as they have gone before the scene is light enough to see.

I'm afraid this is another glitchy game. I really can't be bothered anymore. There has'nt been a decent stand alone SE game to use my CCs on for ages. What's the point in collecting them if there are no games to use them on.

I'm fedup of binning them, and before someone tells me to give them to someone else, who deserves them more, (that happened last week on a Forum) I earned them so why should I give them away? I'm disabled. I don't smoke or drink and I only go out once a week to the shops. Playing games and reading are my only vices and I enjoy them.

Edited on 05/21/2014 at 4:37:48 AM PST

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Flashlight

[Post New]by lolaluv on May 21, 14 7:36 AM
Not only did I spend half the demo minutes waiting for screen transitions, when I got the flashlight out of the glove box it was not added into inventory. Can't proceed because can't look in the tree. Anyone else have this problem? So far no buy for me, not even a freebie.

bestmommat
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

Flashlight

[Post New]by bestmommat on May 21, 14 8:13 AM
lolaluv wrote:Not only did I spend half the demo minutes waiting for screen transitions, when I got the flashlight out of the glove box it was not added into inventory. Can't proceed because can't look in the tree. Anyone else have this problem? So far no buy for me, not even a freebie.

The flash light is not added to inventory but is on right beside hint button

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on May 21, 14 8:30 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

acewidd
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by acewidd on May 21, 14 2:12 PM
Don't like the delay when you switch scenes, annoying that you have to wait for the screen to lighten.

krinneyd
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Ramp for boat not working after first use???????????

[Post New]by krinneyd on May 21, 14 2:23 PM
okay, so I finally find the winch handle and I cannot get back on the boat to place it? It keeps telling me the ramp won't work??? is this a glitch? When I ask for a hint it just keeps pointing to the ramp??????? HELP!!!!!????

krinneyd
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Ramp for boat not working after first use???????????

[Post New]by krinneyd on May 21, 14 7:58 PM
krinneyd wrote:okay, so I finally find the winch handle and I cannot get back on the boat to place it? It keeps telling me the ramp won't work??? is this a glitch? When I ask for a hint it just keeps pointing to the ramp??????? HELP!!!!!????

SO, it definitely was a glitch and I had to reinstall and restart my game under a new name. Serious pain in the 'you know what'!! Too bad, because it was an otherwise great game for an SE. :s

CBEEM
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Screen size

[Post New]by CBEEM on May 22, 14 4:53 AM
Same issue!

I can't click on the ladle in the very first HOG as it is virtually off screen so I changed the setting from full screen and whilst I copuld now see the ladle I still could not click on it.

Testing???

[Post New]by canajungirl1 on May 22, 14 8:01 AM
I'm getting an "input not supported" message even after reinstalling a couple times. Anyone else getting this ??

iamshiva
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by iamshiva on May 22, 14 2:01 PM
cursor is unmanageable & it takes too long to go from scene to scene, otherwise i like it.

mawhiteing
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by mawhiteing on May 22, 14 10:07 PM
I too am having issues with Input Not Supported...Does anyone know what that is suppose to mean...All my past games play just fine...but I have not been able to even view the start menu...I can hear music in the back ground but no picture is seen on screen. I also have to totally reboot my computer each time I have tried to play this game. (and it shows that time has elapsed within the trial). Help

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on May 23, 14 3:59 AM
II am also getting "input not supported" on black screen when game is launched.

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by lolaluv on May 23, 14 6:09 AM
Cursor disappeared when moving books in the governess' room. Had to remove my laptop battery to reboot my system. Is anyone else getting REALLY sick of tech issues on these games? Are they not being tested anymore?

[Post New]by tricia835 on May 23, 14 9:08 AM
Every time I try to play this game all I get is a blank screen & the background music. I have to switch off my computer to get off it, I have tried deleting & reloading it but that didn't work. My computer operates on Windows 7. All my other Big Fish Games play correctly.

Edited on 05/23/2014 at 9:10:25 AM PST

[Post New]by wvickers4952 on May 23, 14 2:47 PM
1st HO scene had to go off full screen to get ladle
2nd HO scene had to quit and restart game to get rod to retrieve fish'

Looks like an interesting game but WAY TOO Many problems in first 10 minutes to be considered a BUY

Go to: