ladle

[Post New]by pickle77 on May 21, 14 5:12 PM
you can get the ladle by changing the setting from full screen. On the smaller screen you can see the ladle

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

Re:ladle

[Post New]by kdubs on May 21, 14 8:02 PM
Yes, figured that out when hint button went to far left of screen edge. But that's a pretty serious glitch to put a hidden object off the standard viewing screen. In the first HOscene to boot.

How that got by BFG Quality Testing is an interesting question.

Needless to say, stopped the demo there, uninstalled. Movin' on.

Edited on 05/21/2014 at 8:07:25 PM PST

tulsachic
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by tulsachic on May 21, 14 8:33 PM
Thanks - that was driving me bonkers.

magskye
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by magskye on May 22, 14 6:37 AM
I also stopped the demo there. It is too bad that this one got through the testing.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on May 22, 14 8:44 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to see there have been problems getting the ladle in the first hidden object scene.

I tested this out and it seems it might be an issue with the screen resolution. Adjusting your computer's resolution settings or unchecking the 'full screen' setting in the 'Options' menu can help with this. For some additional information on adjusting the resolution, please click the link below:

Screen Resolution

If the problem continues, please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps would be happy to troubleshoot this issue for you.

I hope this helps.

bfgWendwater

micky1955
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by micky1955 on May 23, 14 8:37 PM
My screen resolution is 1920x1200 and the screen is still too wide to see everything.
When I use a window I find things too small to see.

[Post New]by MountainAJ on May 24, 14 3:32 AM
Hi,

I have the same issue and it still wont pick up the ladle regardless of the screen resolution or changing from full screen mode, just glad I tried the free hour first before buying. This is a serious glitch considering it is the first hidden object scene of the game.

[Post New]by Suzannef on May 24, 14 12:26 PM
It isn't just the ladle, when I got to the second hidden object screen, I had trouble with the thermos until I changed from full screen.

[Post New]by 1massage on May 24, 14 9:56 PM
I found that if I changed the cursor I could get the ladle.

dccass
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by dccass on May 31, 14 12:38 PM
I noticed that the game is really fussy about where you click on an object, if you don't click in just the right spot it will not grab it. Could be something to do with the animated cursor as someone mentioned above. I also find that if I use my flashlight on the hidden object scenes it does make it easier to find things. This game is very dark.

Go to: