Kathb1
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Don't make onigiri

[Post New]by Kathb1 on May 21, 14 10:06 PM
To get the 2nd bonus on level 9, you're told not to make onigiri. I'm finding this challenging when I have 3 or 4 customers who've ordered it. They just sit there taking up space, and there's no way of getting rid of them without making the onigiri. If you wait for them to lose patience and leave, there's no way of getting the number of coins needed for the bonus. Am I missing something?

Re:Don't make onigiri

[Post New]by Blooming_Lilac on May 22, 14 12:47 AM
That objective is definitely frustrating. You just have to replay the level until you get enough orders of everything else, and hopefully only have to ignore one or two customers. (You're not missing anything.)

sabake
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by sabake on May 22, 14 3:05 AM
As Blooming_Lilac said, every replay gives you different set of customers, so try to take advantage of that.

There is also a way to frustrate your unwanted customers much faster - make a "turd" (the cheapest turd is to make a "sushi" just from 1 rice), and every time it passes a guest, it will anger him/her immensely. I think it is enough to pass about 3 times, and the guest will leave, so if you make fast 2 pieces of 1-rice-turds, they will scare away the onigiri-waiting guests just in 2 rounds.

The trick here is how to keep te other guests satisfied. You can use the knife-trick only after the unwanted guests have left, otherwise also they get entertained. The best is to send to the other customers their food first, so they are happy. Also don't forget to remove the "strategic turds" as soon as the angry guests have left.

[Post New]by kirsten1185 on May 22, 14 1:02 PM
to not make something, I usually make a lot of the easiest dish when there are requests for the "don't make X" dish. Then use the magician's hat and it will turn all of the dishes into what's needed - without you making them !

Kathb1
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Kathb1 on May 23, 14 10:40 AM
Thanks both, there are some good ideas there. I just played it over, and over, and OVER until it finally worked. I think this could have come later in the game when I'd had a bit more time to get used to the different strategies. I'm loving the game, though.

Ppapier
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Ppapier on May 23, 14 3:09 PM
A big thank you for this trick.

[Post New]by sphinxsmom on Jun 3, 14 3:41 PM
I use the "star power" when I have a level like this. When 2 or more customers want the item you aren't supposed to make, just use the star power and make star dishes to feed them.

[Post New]by fish4jon on Jun 13, 14 3:41 PM
Most likely, you'll have to get rid of those players to met the goal and get the cash needed. So I send out 2 or 3 turds to get rid of those who order that dish. Them leaving angry will cost you VERY LITTLE and you'll make up for it using the following method: clear the plates by three or more at a time 3 times (maybe more, but I'm not sure). You'll notice the background changes, turning pink with stars on it, and all your diners then become happy. every dish already sent as well as every dish that you make while in this mode will become acceptable dishes for all dinners. I aim to place as many dishes on the table as possible, so I simply place one (1) ingredient on the rollup to send out all while this is going on. I've scored over 6,000 points per level doing it this way. Even when I have to have diner's patience go down to under two, the turd method and clearing three or more plates at a time works to get unbelieveable scores. Hope this helps!

[Post New]by angeChocLover on Jul 14, 14 5:46 AM
I'm so glad you posted this question Kathb1! I was needing to clear this frustrating level as well. Thank you all for the great tips everyone. I will have to go back and try the level again to see how I go.

Go to: