bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Royal Envoy 3 Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 22, 14 12:29 AM
The HMS Islandshire is exploring the South Ocean when all of a sudden they see new land! Previously unknown islands contain an immense amount of fish, pearls, and gold... not to mention troves of ancient pirate treasure! Embark on an exciting expedition to crack the intriguing puzzles of the past, while developing these new lands for the kingdom!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won't find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector's Edition includes:

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Re:Royal Envoy 3 Collector's Edition

[Post New]by catbag8717 on May 22, 14 12:38 AM
Surely the third one of this was Campaign For The Crown? Then shouldn't this be called Royal Envoy 4? Man, I'm confused...

BEN1972
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by BEN1972 on May 22, 14 1:36 AM
You're right, it is confusing. The Campaign For the Crown game doesn't have a number in it though. Maybe it's a spin-off like tv shows

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 22, 14 1:46 AM
I think that "The Campaign for the Crown" was slightly different in its story to the other ones, so it was seen as a separate entity.

The developers did the same with their "Gardenscape" games. There was "Gardenscapes", then there was "Gardenscapes 2", and then there was "Gardenscapes: Mansion Makeover".

The first 2 games played outside, in the garden, and the "Mansion Makeover" played inside the Mansion - again, slightly different from the first 2 games.

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on May 22, 14 7:30 AM
And they think that HOPA games are the same old, same old. This is nothing more than the same thing as all the others. NOT FOR ME!

[Post New]by Bigfishette on May 22, 14 10:09 AM
Even though fan of series didn't like this one so much. Only had choice of three houses. Bonus levels impossibly hard. Just didn't think it was as much fun as the first two. But thanks BFG for offering.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 22, 14 10:20 AM
biscuitsmama wrote:And they think that HOPA games are the same old, same old. This is nothing more than the same thing as all the others. NOT FOR ME!

The difference is that CE HOPA's are generally offered twice a week; this type of game as a CE may get offered once every 3 months or so.

I can't understand why some are complaining that there's no HOPA today. On average there's at least 12 a month, if you include the SE of previous CE's. How many builder type games are offered in a month, one or two at most?

This isn't Big Fish HOPA-only Games; so it's a builder game today. Never mind, it will soon be Saturday and time for yet another HOPA

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on May 22, 14 1:53 PM
Angelfish, there have been fourteen games release this month that were not HOPA games. Five of those were builder games and nine were puzzles or match 3 games. There were in reality only the two HOPA CEs per week. I don't even consider the SE releases of CEs since they are virtually the same games with the extras removed. So when you look at the proportions, the alternate type games far outweigh the HOPA game releases.

[Post New]by kimberly7777 on May 22, 14 3:10 PM
Out of 35 releases (not including the 8 HOG Strategy Guides you guys seem to need) in the last 28 days there have been:

HOG - 22 = 63%
Puzzle - 5 = 14%
TM - 4 = 11%
Match 3 - 3 = 9%
Strategy - 1 = 3%

Really HOGers? You come to our random, infrequent CE release thread and bad mouth our game, b**** at BFG for not giving you one today, and then claim your genre is getting ignored?

Then you claim your SEs don't count (or your CEs, who knows what you mean). Do you know how many CEs any of the other genres get? Little to none. Then you claim somehow that to make your point that you need to lump all genres against your genres. No, that's now how it works. All genres stand alone.

The numbers above speak volumes. This is the best month TM has had in months. We got over 2.

How about keep your insults and comments in your own threads or off-site forums. It's pretty hard to respect any of you who feel the need to drag your petty issues into our thread about the game that we may or may not like but would like to discuss.

Edited on 05/23/2014 at 7:33:02 AM PST

[Post New]by mellowtraumatic on May 22, 14 3:22 PM
catbag8717 wrote:Surely the third one of this was Campaign For The Crown? Then shouldn't this be called Royal Envoy 4? Man, I'm confused...

Technically it was the third game, but whenever you have a series of games, the naming follows this type of pattern. If you don't use a number in a game's name, then that number will go to the next game. The Fallout games were the same. There was Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout: Tactics, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and the next game to come out will presumably be Fallout 4, even though it's technically the sixth game in the series. I don't know why game companies do this, but they always do.

Pangaeus
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

Royal Envoy 3 Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Pangaeus on May 22, 14 3:33 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:The HMS Islandshire is exploring the South Ocean when all of a sudden they see new land! Previously unknown islands contain an immense amount of fish, pearls, and gold... not to mention troves of ancient pirate treasure! Embark on an exciting expedition to crack the intriguing puzzles of the past, while developing these new lands for the kingdom!<br /><br />

This is a special <span style="font-weight: bold; color:#008800">Collector's Edition</span> release full of exclusive extras you won't find in the standard version. As a <span style="font-weight: bold; color:#008800"> bonus</span>, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your <span style="font-weight: bold; color:#008800">Monthly Game Club Punch Card!</span><br /><br />
<span style="font-weight: bold; color:#008800">The Collector's Edition includes:</span>

bfgFlounder- your post seems to have been cut off- it is missing what is in the CE version

[Post New]by kimberly7777 on May 22, 14 3:45 PM
I imagine it's what's listed on the front:

The Collector's Edition includes:

Enjoy over 80 challenging levels on 11 islands
Complete unique quests in record time
Collector's Edition contains 32 bonus levels on 4 islands
Expert and relaxed mode for the ultimate adventure

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on May 22, 14 8:38 PM
catbag8717 wrote:Surely the third one of this was Campaign For The Crown? Then shouldn't this be called Royal Envoy 4? Man, I'm confused...

yes it is confusing.

Royal Envoy Campaign for the Crown was called RE 2A by the developers.

It actually does not makes sense after playing RE3 as CFC had loads of new features where RE3 takes from CFC... very confusing.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 23, 14 2:27 AM
biscuitsmama wrote:Angelfish, there have been fourteen games release this month that were not HOPA games. Five of those were builder games and nine were puzzles or match 3 games. There were in reality only the two HOPA CEs per week. I don't even consider the SE releases of CEs since they are virtually the same games with the extras removed. So when you look at the proportions, the alternate type games far outweigh the HOPA game releases.

I don't mean to labour the point but nowhere does it say that BFG is obliged to release a certain percentage of HOPA's in any given month. As Kimberley7777 has shown, the proportion of HOPA's to other genres is much more generous. I included the SE's of previous CE's since they don't appear in the same month as the CE did.

When you look at building type games such as RE (which are generally only released every 6 months or less), Island Tribe or Northern Tales, their releases are far less frequent than HOPA's. And as a CE they are very rare; only RE has a CE version available here as far as I remember. So my point was that as far as CE's are concerned, one release every 6 months of this type of game is out of proportion to the amount of HOPA's released.

It's a disappointment to those expecting a HOPA; perhaps every time a HOPA is released it's a disappointment to those that would like a building-type game. These games aren't for everyone but please don't begrudge us the rare treat of a builder CE.

grabit2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by grabit2 on May 23, 14 6:22 AM
loving the game.. thanks to all who made it possible.

[Post New]by cruiser7254 on May 24, 14 6:26 AM
played the demo and like it very much! Thank You BF and I will be buying it!

Larissa_Jane
Flounder
Flounder
2,273 Posts

[Post New]by Larissa_Jane on Jun 3, 14 10:37 PM
Perhaps I'm dimwitted (or CANADIAN)
but what does HOPA mean???

redrosesdz
Catfish
Catfish
1,691 Posts

[Post New]by redrosesdz on Jun 4, 14 7:42 AM
Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure

They are also known as HOG - Hidden Object Game

Larissa_Jane
Flounder
Flounder
2,273 Posts

[Post New]by Larissa_Jane on Jun 4, 14 11:30 PM
thanks.
It seems so obvious doesn't it ??

(as you can tell by the times that I post, I play most of the game at night , when it's quiet)
Does anyone spend as much time as I do?
It's insane how much this wonderful timewaster has taken over what little life I had!

best wishes from the North (CANADA)
We had snow today (June 04)

Edited on 06/04/2014 at 11:37:04 PM PST

MikeCod
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by MikeCod on Aug 21, 14 7:25 AM
angelfish106 wrote:...only RE has a CE version available here as far as I remember.
The excellent Kingdom Chronicles is the only other builder game with a CE that I know of. The CE is great value from an extra gameplay viewpoint.

Go to: