Please post your REVIEWS for Royal Envoy 3 Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on May 22, 14 12:32 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 05/22/2014 at 7:31:09 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Royal Envoy 3 Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Anangelsprayer on May 22, 14 1:40 AM
In Royal Envoy Campaign peeps complained about the constant talking, so you would think they would have an option here to disable voices. But since I have a cat, I don't have a dog muzzle readily available. He would drive me nuts for all those levels and I like to play with the sound on. There is a way you can go into your file folders and delete the voice, but why should I pay $13.99 for a game, and have to go through all of that when they could put a disable button in. And him saying "More work?", it reminds me of my hubby's co-worker at his job. Umm you're at a job, isn't that what your suppose to do? Just a thought.

Graphics were fine.

Music: Fits with the game

Game play: Same as others. Build and upgrade houses, get food and chop wood. Hire workers and that's mainly about it.

Sorry devs, I love these types of building games, but with that guy and his loose lips, it's a no buy here.

All these drop dead gorgeous beta survey games I tried, I was really looking forward to today. What a disappointment.

Edited on 05/22/2014 at 1:44:27 AM PST

JstarrZ
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by JstarrZ on May 22, 14 3:08 AM
LOVE...LOVE...LOVE !!! I thought the others were a challenge ...PFFT !!! Royal Envoy games ROCK !!!

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on May 22, 14 3:44 AM
Another great sequel. Pretty much the same gameplay with a few new additions.
Lots of islands to go through. I have all the others and I like this one the best because it is much longer than the others.
I got this game from the developers website for $ 5.99 special, a couple months ago.
I don't mind the talking, it is part of the game.
Graphics are beautiful as usual

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 22, 14 4:26 AM
Somewhat confusing in it's numbering, since this is actually the 4th game in the Royal Envoy series but this one is much more like the first 2 games. I assume the developers treated Campaign For The Crown as a standalone game and not part of the series; hopefully they will make more of the same, since so far that is my favourite.

I've had this game for about 3 months now (bought from the dev) and was pleased to see the improvements. The houses are now coloured according to type (green roof for cottages, red for chalets etc.) and you can see the differences when they are upgraded. The gameplay is the same; various islands to explore, buildings and houses to construct and an occasional challenge thrown in for good measure. Thankfully no clicking on resources; just 'mouse over' to collect.

Most of the characters return (including the adorable elephant!), although I don't recall Tippy being in any of the levels. Unfortunately the workers, who complained enough before, are now even worse since they basically never shut up! And is it me or do some of them sound a lot like Frasier's dad (Martin Crane)?? Well they do to my British ears!

Graphics are excellent as usual and playing in relaxed mode allows you to finish a level even if the timer runs out completely, although that's unlikely to happen as it is pretty generous. However if, like me, you're trying to get 3 stars on every level, the timer is extremely tight on some levels. There are still 4 levels that I simply can't get 3 stars on, even following the built in guide to the letter. Expert mode must be a nightmare!

The main disappointment for me was that there are no challenge levels, as there have been in the previous games. Instead you get 4 extra islands; I didn't realise these weren't part of the main game since they aren't separated from the other 11. I would have preferred less islands and having the challenge levels back. But it's a long game, with 114 levels to play and plenty of replay value if you want to get the many achievements available.

Personally I preferred Campaign For The Crown; there's far too much yapping and complaining by the workers in this game for my liking. But it's bright, colourful and mostly fun to play; far too few of this type of game get made, so it's still worth having. And I look forward to seeing what the developer comes up with in the next game!

Edited on 05/22/2014 at 4:45:19 AM PST

riafree
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,380 Posts

[Post New]by riafree on May 22, 14 6:50 AM
am so happy! i bought it before play the trial.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on May 22, 14 7:06 AM
I love Royal Envoy.

Not much new from Campaign from the Crown but more challenging.
it is tough for the three gold stars in the upper levels..

for those that want to play the expert levels... very tough.

They do have relaxed mode now.

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on May 22, 14 7:19 AM
These are not my favorite games and people complain about HOPAs being the same old thing. Well Royal Envoy is nothing more than a rehash of the previous games. I am still in shock that there is no Thursday HOPA as a CE. You can keep the Royal Envoy games as far as I am concerned. I don't care for them nor do I like TM/ Builder games. I guess they appeal to all the kids out there who love to run around doing errands for the king. Yeesh!

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on May 22, 14 7:26 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Royal Envoy 3 Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Royal Envoy 3 Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on May 22, 14 8:57 AM
govegril wrote:I love Royal Envoy.

Not much new from Campaign from the Crown but more challenging.
it is tough for the three gold stars in the upper levels..

for those that want to play the expert levels... very tough.

They do have relaxed mode now.

Thanks for mentioning the relaxed mode! I'm off to download and probably buy. I enjoy these games, but not battling a timer.

debbie6754
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by debbie6754 on May 22, 14 2:08 PM
Not worth the extra money for a collectors edition.

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on May 22, 14 5:55 PM
I have the RE #1 and 2 (not Campaign for the Crown). This game is EXACTLY like the first 2. It does seem to get more difficult in the earlier levels. They claim there is a relaxed mode, however, all that means is that you can continue playing after the timer runs out instead of restarting. A true relaxed mode doesn't have a timer. There is a sort of strategy guide included, but I can't see how this is a collector's edition of any sort. I will be passing on this game as it is a replica of the first two (especially the 2nd one in particular). Also, I was taken right to the developer's site when I entered the game and the price for the game there was drastically lower. Just saying, although I don't intend to purchase it at either place. About the game itself, the graphics are clear and bright, the workers are the same, the kingdom is the same, Cedric is the same, and yes, the workers talk. Personally, if I don't like the music or sound effects of a game, I turn it down or off. So many larger problems this world is facing compared to the talking workers.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on May 27, 14 7:53 PM
I totally love this game and all the ones in the series. There are two things I wish weren't in the game: One is the snowball fight. It's just clicking and clicking. I hate it. But if you want to get three stars on every level you have to play it. The other thing I hate are the Druids. I don't want to have to keep lighting the scene. It's annoying. But enough of the negative. I have all of the Royal Envoy games and It really is my favorite game by far.

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Jun 16, 14 12:09 AM
This is what you get in this collectors edition:

Regular levels = 82
Bonus level = 32

It is basically the same as the other Royal Envoys. It seems to me that there are more dark levels in this game. In the Regular levels, you have 8 levels in smoke, 8 in fog and 8 in dark. If, like me, you do not like those "can't see what I am doing" levels, you will be glad to know you can still get to the bonus levels without getting perfect scores. As well, if you run out of time in the dark/smoke/fog levels, you can continue to play without time until you complete the level.

In the bonus levels there are no dark levels which was great as far as I am concerned.

The other bonuses for the Collector's Edition, other than a walk through you can access at each game level with numbered instructions how to complete it with 3 stars, you also get Wallpapers, Original Soundtrack (you can download to your computer) and an Intro Movie.

I think the Collector's Edition is worth it for the Walk Through alone because I cannot get through those dark levels. I hate them! But still on this one they did let me keep playing until I completed it so I could keep advancing in the game. Also 32 extra levels of game play is a pretty good deal.

Definitely a buy for me. I do wish they'd stop with the dark levels but I do know some players like the challenge.

Edited on 06/16/2014 at 12:10:46 AM PST

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jun 17, 14 2:20 AM
Wooho! Finally purchased it last night and been having lots of fun since.
Love this series, it's such a good game. And this one is living to its standards so far. Challenging and fun! Thank you

Oh and as far as I'm concerned this series is one that is so worth purchasing the CE. I got all other games from this series, all in CE and they always include much more stuff and a lot more levels. I must have played them all several times and still enjoying the challenges and fun of this new one. Wouldn't have it any other way. Some CE's aren't worth it, true. But Royal Envoy? Non CE is a total compromise for me. I'm glad you offered it first. And I assume there will be a regular version to it too, minus about 35 levels and some extras. Oh and there's the walkthrough, right! But CE or not, it's still a very good game indeed.

Edited on 06/17/2014 at 2:27:02 AM PST

ERMc
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Royal Envoy 3 Collector's Edition worth the money!

[Post New]by ERMc on Jul 15, 14 10:50 PM
I enjoyed this just as much as the other games in the series. The CE had many additional levels that were pretty challenging. I admit that I use the strategy guide after a couple of tries because I lack patience to try every possible way to get 3 stars, so the CE wins on that point, too. (Only CE versions have the strategy guide as far as I know.)

The only minor annoyances are the levels that require a lot of clicking and the need to flick the mouse across resources in order to collect them. However, the fun factor overrides those issues for me.

Keep the TM games coming, BFG and developers!

Edited on 07/15/2014 at 10:51:52 PM PST

redsapple
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by redsapple on Jul 25, 14 10:04 PM
Is that it? Once all achievements are reached there's no new level to reach? The only achievement I haven't reached is catching the robbers. And that one, I don't think I will ever get. Too many, in too many directions, too fast in the middle.

I have enjoyed the games. They are a good challenge.

notdeadyet
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by notdeadyet on Aug 22, 14 8:41 PM
I enjoyed this game. I have purchased one and two as well. The graphics are even better in 3.There is a slight pause at moments but only for seconds.I'm going to have to check on that.The story are about the same,with a sense of humor. I have Lion on my Mac.

Drammar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Drammar on Sep 1, 14 3:54 PM
I have been a fan or the RE series from the beginning. There a lot of familiarity here. I've no complaints, but a few things that I noticed -- some of which has been touched on by other reviewers:
1. It seemed to take forever for the Mac version to be available.
2. I've always played with the music off, but this game I'm playing with no sound -- the workers are just plain annoyingly constant with their chatter. And let's not even mention the gramophones too loudly -- they might start playing here!
3. One of the things I liked best about Campaign for the Crown was that there was a real "story line." Even though it was contrived, it still gave some purpose to everything. In this version, it's really just a series of puzzles. It's OK -- I like the puzzles, but miss the story.
4. Some of the levels here are extremely challenging. As i said, I'm no novice with these games, but there are 6 levels that, despite the guide, and despite looking at the videos on the website for the creators of the guides that I just can't get -- which means I can't even begin the "expert" level. I can't even imagine!!
5. I missed Tippy!
6. Graphics are, as expected, clean and crisp.
Avery enjoyable game overall -- now back to chasing those missing 3rd stars!

ETA -- I have given up. Six levels that I cannot get 3 stars on. Lost count of the number of attempts. Oh well.

Edited on 10/05/2014 at 6:54:00 PM PST

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Jan 8, 15 7:23 PM
didn't finish loved it until the last island, got bored.

Go to: