youreyes13
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

MAC Version

[Post New]by youreyes13 on May 22, 14 12:31 PM
The game started out smoothly and then the cursor became really delayed/ jerky to the point where playing is nearly impossible. I went ahead and upgraded to OS Mavericks a few weeks ago, so I know I have the latest video settings. Anyone else have this problem? So odd it started out fine.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

Re:MAC Version

[Post New]by Sprattie on May 23, 14 10:57 AM
Yes, I'm having the same problem in the demo. I closed the game and then opened it again, which worked for about 5 minutes, but I'm on the 4th try now and looked to see if this were a common problem. I won't be buying the game anyway since it's pretty hoky and old hat.

ruthkr
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by ruthkr on May 23, 14 1:26 PM
Yes, I am having the same problem with my cursor. I also had the same problem in another game recently. I don't think it's my MAC since everything is up-to-date. Any suggestions?

GimmeAHint
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by GimmeAHint on May 23, 14 4:09 PM
I have Maverick as well and the cursor is jerky and freezing. I disabled the custom cursor and that made it worse. There's no way to turn off special effects to see if that helps. I'm not purchasing because of this.

youreyes13
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by youreyes13 on May 23, 14 5:16 PM
I can only play for maybe 10-15 mins before it starts happening and then I have to restart or give it a break. My MBP gets really hot too...I wonder if that has anything to do with the jerky movement?

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by TillyQ on May 23, 14 6:32 PM
I'm having the same problems too. I have a MacBook Pro with OSX10.6.8. It does't seem to make any difference as to the OSX version since they all seem to have the same problem.

youreyes13
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by youreyes13 on May 24, 14 12:03 AM
Hi Tilly,

I just upgraded from OS 10.6.8 to Mavericks a few weeks ago, so it's nice to know that our systems aren't to blame and it's the game, because I don't have problems with most games.

Amazon17
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Amazon17 on May 24, 14 7:37 PM
Same problem here with my Macbook Pro. I won't purchase this game either. Too bad because I enjoyed playing until the cursor went all wonky.

[Post New]by kridleh on May 25, 14 6:14 PM
I keep running into so called "new" releases and recently started looking at the dates on the review and this is one that has old dates on the reviews. I am starting to think that these are old PC games that they are claiming as new since they just got MAC development.... not going to buy

[Post New]by atrum_mihi on Jun 4, 14 9:16 AM
I'm having the same problem with the cursor. I'm using OSX 10.7.5.

epundt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by epundt on Jun 4, 14 1:03 PM
l'm having a problem in the cellar with the crate. I can't put the chili powder, garlic, red wine or thistle on the crate. Any one else have this problem and how did you fix it?

[Post New]by Spotopolis on Jun 8, 14 3:06 PM
I couldn't be more disappointed in this game on the Mac. I too have the cursor issue and it's BAD. I can only play for about 5 or 6 minutes before it gets to be impossible to play. I have to quit and restart the game, then play for a few minutes and do it all over again.

This is on a top-end MacBook Pro with everything up to date. It's been weeks since this issue was first pointed out and nothing has been done or even been responded to. This is not the experience I expect when I've been a Game Club member for 5 years! The Mac users of this game should be given a refund or a game credit.

[Post New]by SjSivula on Jun 14, 14 10:23 PM
Ditto on the cursor. It's incredibly frustrating to have to stop and start the game every five minutes. I'm really disappointed as I was enjoying the game a lot to this point.

liz40
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by liz40 on Jul 18, 14 8:57 AM
It's driving me batty that I can't lock my inventory to open. I'm still in demo mode so that might be part of the problem.

Go to: