Edited on 05/23/2014 at 8:59:41 AM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Grim Facade: A Wealth of Betrayal here

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on May 23, 14 8:59 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Grim Facade: A Wealth of Betrayal here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Grim Facade: A Wealth of Betrayal.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on May 23, 14 10:39 AM
I first reviewed this Grim Facade Wealth of Betrayal when it came out as a CE and, unfortunately, my review was very negative. I broke down about a week later and purchased the full game and once I got past the beginning and got into the story and gameplay, I was happy that I did. After that my opinion of the game changed considerably and I found that I really enjoyed it. Many of the mechanics as described on the CE game page remain the same but the story and gameplay improved immensely. After initially giving the game a 2-star review based on the demo, I have re-evaluated my opinion and would now give the game 4-stars. Wealth of Betrayal is not as wonderful as some of the earlier ERS games in this series but it definitely deserves a much higher rating than I originally gave it.

So, that being said, therein lies the danger of reviewing a game on the limited time we have for a demo or on the beta. I think had the developer spent a bit more time up-front developing the storyline instead of jumping right into some odd sorts of puzzles, the attraction and sales of the game might have been overall much better.

I certainly encourage you to try the game, and given the great sale we have this weekend, you have an opportunity to pick it up for a great price. IMHO, Grim Façade a Wealth of Betrayal is worth the time and effort.

Happy gaming everyone. Have a safe and wonderful holiday weekend. If you live in the US, remember to thank those who have given so much for this country. Happy Memorial Day weekend.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 23, 14 1:43 PM
Hi all. First of all, I'd like to wish everyone a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend. If you are driving, drive carefully. If you are staying home, don't burn the burgers.

Well, here is a new one for me, and quite unusual. When I reviewed the CE version, it wasn't very favorable, but I did say that I often change my mind when the SE comes out and get the SE instead. If you wish, you can see my original review under the CE version. Well, after playing the SE, I found that I liked it well enough to go ahead and purchase the CE version. I have all the other GF games and was surprised that I didn't care for this one at first. Wouldn't it be nice if we could play a demo more than once before deciding to purchase or not?

Anyway, very nice graphics and game play. Still not kicked out about the voice overs (rather boring and emotionless in some cases). HOPs and puzzles not difficult. I do like the HOPs, especially the riddle type, which are different and fun.

Not an extremely challenging game, but it does keep you moving. I now find the need to see how the story plays out, and why that silly bull needs all those butterflies.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on May 23, 14 1:49 PM
An enjoyable game, but like all this developers games, the map was basically useless. Using the hint to move around was the only way to get from one place to another as this game was all over the place. I never used the journal and I don't think you need to use the walk-through...I never use those anyway. This game was pretty easy going although you had to use your thinking cap now and then and I did need to use the hint sometimes as things weren't always real clear.

Voice-overs were almost funny they were so "excited"! HOS could be switch to another game but they were interesting and enjoyable as were the mini games. This game allows you to custom set your options and one of those was to have the hint and skip very fast which to me was pretty necessary in this game.

Story was confusing at first but the ending clarified it...and the ending was just that....a real quick ending...like, is this it? After all this moving around, HOS and game playing...wow, bam, that was it. Maybe the CE "expanded" things a bit, but I don't think it would be worth it. This game had a good length.

Graphics and color were clear and crisp...only one HOS was so dark I had to tilt my screen to see what was on top. So, I give this a 4 out of 5...easy going and fun.

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on May 23, 14 2:53 PM
I really liked this game. There is a large variety of puzzles and HOG's that kept my interest and I am easily bored. Graphics are about the same as we're used to, nothing special but he gameplay and story line are well done.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on May 25, 14 3:20 AM
I might recommend it as a DD or COTW. Or not.

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on May 27, 14 1:27 PM
Is it just me or do Rosa & Sergio resemble Penelope Cruz & Javier Bardem? Hmmm.....

Lovely game, thoroughly enjoyed playing it despite the lack of pointers on the transponder map. The HOs + puzzles were interesting and different. The ending was a surprise. ERS always strikes a good balance between storyline, settings, characters (I mute volume.....don't know about VOs), costumes, scenery and tasks. And, of course, the lovely graphics. I enjoyed the new way of cutscenes playing out in a sketch. Or maybe it's not that new and I don't play as many games! Great game = .

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Jun 4, 14 8:17 PM
Radgame wrote:Is it just me or do Rosa & Sergio resemble Penelope Cruz & Javier Bardem? Hmmm.....

Actually, the young woman resembles the woman who plays Beckett in Castle.

CelticCoco

Go to: