QzQzQzQzQz
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Eggs

[Post New]by QzQzQzQzQz on May 23, 14 6:35 AM
What's the secret to cracking eggs. I'm really bad at it!

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

Re:Eggs

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on May 23, 14 8:19 AM
Hi Qz

It took me a while to get use to the egg cracking too. For me I find if I do it in one fluid motion it works best. I just barely get it over the bowl and it plops out.

It kind of makes me laugh, cause I get eggs that don't crack (must be hard boiled ) and other times I bring it down too hard and it cracks and goes everywhere!

At this point of the game I figure I have eggs, pasta, onion rings, egg rolls all over my floor. If this was a real restaurant the board of health would close me down!

Its a fun game though..

HTH Cyndo

laupen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by laupen on May 24, 14 7:21 AM
Hold the egg in the centre of bowl, then crack downwards and outwards, this generally keeps the cracked egg within bowl and then yolk will fall into bowl..IMO

Acashy
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Acashy on May 27, 14 2:42 PM
laupen wrote:Hold the egg in the centre of bowl, then crack downwards and outwards, this generally keeps the cracked egg within bowl and then yolk will fall into bowl..IMO

Really needed that tip, TY

Still don't really get 3 stars, but ever since following your directions I only lose 1-2 eggs per batch, which is fine with me.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on May 28, 14 1:43 AM
I first tried this recipe while playing on my phone and I was lucky to get two stars. I find it much easier to play on the computer using a mouse. Either way, the trick is not to let go of the egg.

When I started, I would crack the egg, then lift my finger from the touch pad or let go of the mouse button to move into position to put the egg in the bowl. That almost never worked. Hold the egg the entire time (as another person stated, "in one fluid motion"), pull down just fast enough to crack it (too fast and it breaks), then pull up into the bowl.

Even knowing that, and with the better control of a mouse, I still lose an egg every once in awhile. Just one of those things that takes a lot of practice.

Go to: