temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

New Update (may be just for PC, non-FB players)

[Post New]by temp_89120 on May 23, 14 4:46 PM
DM stopped working. New update on manual download.

Edited on 05/23/2014 at 4:53:22 PM PST

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

Re:New Update?

[Post New]by temp_89120 on May 23, 14 4:51 PM
Woo-Hoo! FB Log In problem seems to be fixed!

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

Re:New Update?

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on May 23, 14 4:54 PM
...do we dare??? lol Thanks temp_89120...heading that way

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

Re:New Update (may be just for PC, non-FB players)

[Post New]by lcjdqs on May 23, 14 4:58 PM
Well did the new update, tired to go into the manor, no go. Restarted the computer, still no go. When will I be able to play Dark Manor again?

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on May 23, 14 4:59 PM
Just loaded the new update..Turned off my computer restarted and I still can not get into the game...Same old Connecting message going to nowhere..283 Mockingbird Lane

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on May 23, 14 5:02 PM
I think that this was only fixing the Facebook Log In pop up that appeared over and over again while trying to visit neighbors. I'm sorry that it didn't help with your connection problems.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on May 23, 14 5:03 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for posting about this temp_89120. For those experiencing problems with the PC version of the game, a new update has just been pushed through to the server that should correct these issues.

This update should show up on the left-hand side of your Big Fish Games app under 'Updates.' If you're not seeing that, just follow the steps below:

1) Open your app and make sure you're signed into your account.
2) Click on the 'Options' COG on the top right-hand side of your screen.
3) Click on the 'Downloads' tab.
4) Select 'Manually' and click 'Check For Updates.'

If you are still running into issues after installing that update, please contact our Tech Support Team so we can look into those.

Thank you again for your patience everyone!

bfgWendwater

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on May 23, 14 5:10 PM
Did the new maually update and I am still locked out..I am not a facebook user..I wonder if this is why I am having so many problems..

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on May 23, 14 5:25 PM
The update is not to fix those totally locked out of their manors.. It was to fix those that were on the PC but not linked to facebook which caused them a problem with visiting and gifting neighbors..

I think there are a few suggestions in other threads on things you can try on your own which worked for some, not for others.. But, most likely you will need to work on the problem with a one on one with Customer service.

[Post New]by mywildirishrose on May 23, 14 5:37 PM
Okay, I looked everywhere I know of to find an update but am having no luck.

I just reread the post from bfgWendwater again and I'm stumped.

Any suggestions out there?

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on May 23, 14 5:41 PM
mywildirishrose -

Start BigFish Game Manager.
Click Options in the top, right corner.
Click Downloads tab.
Under Game Updates, click Manually and then click on Check for Updates.

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on May 23, 14 6:08 PM
I've had three of these updates today and still locked out of the manor. I keep coming into the forum to see if anyone has had this problem fixed and to see what i can do. I really want to play, but guess I will put it to bed tonight. Maybe better luck tomorrow.

[Post New]by mywildirishrose on May 23, 14 6:57 PM

Thank you so much temp_89120.

I went back into Game Manager and found the problem.

I had updates set for automatic.

I changed it and now I'm in (but only on my 2nd manor).

Thanks again.

[Post New]by edogawaranpo on May 23, 14 9:58 PM
I can't open my game. This morning, I played for a bit, but when I tried to access my neighbors page, the game froze.

This evening, the screen froze as the game was trying to connect. I've downloaded two updates, restarted my PC, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and sent a Dr. Felix report to tech support. No word from them yet. And no Dark Manor for me.

Very frustrating! I bought gold in the recent sale and had just started enjoying the new chapter. I hope tech support hasn't taken the whole long weekend off.

Memento Mori

[Post New]by mywildirishrose on May 23, 14 10:12 PM
Even if they did work all through the holiday, there's no guarantee you would have heard from them by then. Keep in mind that there are thousands of people who play this game and customer service has probably not completely eliminated the backlog from recent events. Once they get your ticket, they will help you solve your problem. CS has the nicest people who really go out of their way to help. They are just a little swamped right now so, depending on what your issue is, you may find a thread in this forum that holds the answers.
Hang in there!

[Post New]by lenpat100 on May 24, 14 1:13 PM
Thank you for sorting FB pop up. I went into windowed mode through settings yesterday to access the pop up easily and esc it. slow...but at least i kept on playing. Today Ive tried to go back to full screen but it tells me it doesnt do wide screen in this resolution. Well it did before so what have I done wrong, how do I fix it....Id like it back in wide screen please help.

LaReinaGitana
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,007 Posts

[Post New]by LaReinaGitana on May 24, 14 2:24 PM
I posted this on another thread, but I'm bringing it over here as well:

On the advice of a friend, I uninstalled and reinstalled my game through the Game Manager, finding that I had the most recent version (with the fix) when the process was complete. That's what got me back in. My entire manor, grounds, juju, energy, gold, silver -- everything was there, plus the extras.

I realize that it might not work for everyone, but if you haven't tried it, it's something you might want to consider while you're waiting for CS -- who will likely suggest that you do that anyway.

Edited to add "through the Game Manager."

Edited on 05/24/2014 at 3:21:51 PM PST

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on May 24, 14 2:33 PM
I have tried all that, but to no avail. I get as far as the CONNECTING page with the name, but the bar NEVER MOVES. I have had a ticket with CS for a couple days now, other than the auto e-mail I have heard NOTHING.
Oh POO. I just bought a pile of gold earlier in anticipation of a land sale. I am POed

Dhyaniland
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,074 Posts

[Post New]by Dhyaniland on May 24, 14 2:55 PM
toomuchsht wrote:I have tried all that, but to no avail. I get as far as the CONNECTING page with the name, but the bar NEVER MOVES. I have had a ticket with CS for a couple days now, other than the auto e-mail I have heard NOTHING.
Oh POO. I just bought a pile of gold earlier in anticipation of a land sale. I am POed

I just sent you a PM

XXOO - Dhyani

Edited on 05/24/2014 at 2:56:09 PM PST

Go to: