Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

Sent messages

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 23, 14 7:11 PM
My forum 'sent messages' only show up till May 4th. Is it that way for everyone? I need the newest sent messages, not the old ones.

I got two forum friends confused who have similar screen names and one of them said 'what are you talking about?'. Wow, did/do I feel foolish.

I wanted to search back through my sent messages to sort out what I said to whom but the newest ones are not there. What's the point of having them if you don't have them all?

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

Re:Sent messages

[Post New]by Bedazzles on May 23, 14 7:14 PM
You will need to delete some of your older messages...there is a limit as to what it shows. But if you delete older ones the more recent ones will show up.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 23, 14 7:29 PM
There's a green bar on the Inbox page, it shows the % space used for messages. It only shows on the inbox but is for all of your messages (as I found when I couldn't find some sent messages a few days ago).

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 23, 14 7:36 PM
Sorry rosiebvt, but that is not correct. The percentage shown on the Inbox Messages, is only for the Inbox messages.

When you delete messages from the Sent box, the percentage shown on the Inbox stays the same.

However, as with the Inbox, the Sentbox also needs to be cleared out from time to time. Why there is no percentage shown in this section, I don't know.

I too was wondering the other day why I couldn't see my last reply to a PM. So I deleted a few, and up came my last reply in the Sent box.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 23, 14 7:40 PM
The maximum messages that the Sent Box will hold is 105. That is 7 pages of 15 messages. Once you delete some older sent messages the new ones will show up.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 23, 14 7:45 PM
I had the 7 pages so I was definitely full. Thanks to all for the response. Off to fix it now.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 23, 14 8:49 PM
Thanks Lizzie and Valdy for details. I was assuming (we all know what that means) based on deleting both inbox and outbox items. Now if they could only change the list so you don't go back to page 1 every time you delete a message.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 23, 14 9:53 PM
rosiebvt wrote:Thanks Lizzie and Valdy for details. I was assuming (we all know what that means) based on deleting both inbox and outbox items. Now if they could only change the list so you don't go back to page 1 every time you delete a message.

Yes, I hate that too. But we mustn't overwork BF. We all know what happened when the mods found themselves overworked with the CCC section.

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on May 23, 14 10:19 PM
Isn't there a way of checking tick-boxes and then deleting a batch?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 23, 14 10:34 PM
Yes there is, Zeph, but say you want to delete single PMs from different pages, and you are on page 3, for example. So when you delete the amount you want to delete from page 3, the PM box goes back to page 1. So you have click on the "next" button several times to get to page 4. Instead, it would be great if the page from which you have deleted PMs would stay on top rather than resetting itself to page 1 so you can continue from there.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 24, 14 4:57 AM
Like Valdy said, you can click on 'select ALL' and the whole page will be selected. If there is one on that page that you don't want to delete you can untick it before clicking on 'delete'.

Turned out I had to delete 10 full pages before it got down to only 6 page of sent messages and my newest ones showed up. It is not the easiest delete system. As stated you go to page 7, select all, delete and it throws you back to page one. Over and over again, lol.

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on May 24, 14 5:52 AM
It's the sort of thing, I suppose, that gets overlooked when upgrading a forum.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 24, 14 6:44 AM
Big Fish has never upgraded the forums. They have only downgraded them and destroyed thousands upon thousands of beautiful posts.

Go to: