Please post your TECH ISSUES for Haunted Manor: Painted Beauties Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on May 24, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 05/24/2014 at 9:48:37 AM PST

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Haunted Manor: Painted Beauties Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by catbag8717 on May 24, 14 1:01 AM
Is the 90 minute demo a glitch or is it supposed to be that long?

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Haunted Manor: Painted Beauties Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by swedane on May 24, 14 1:43 AM
catbag8717 wrote:Is the 90 minute demo a glitch or is it supposed to be that long?
For goodness sake, please, don't ask!! For once, time is on gamers side...

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on May 24, 14 6:46 AM
When I click on something on my (mac) the picture pixilates or if there is smoke, it stays across the screen. I don't know if this is the game or what. I have never had this happen before.

SandraDaL
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by SandraDaL on May 24, 14 8:22 AM
In playing the game, I cannot pick up the "S" hook. I restarted under another name and still cannot pick it up. Game play ends right there because you cannot progress without it.

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on May 24, 14 9:41 AM
I used the water on that desert altar BEFORE putting out the fire of the dragon.
Now the decanter is gone, and I can't finish the Bonus Chapter.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on May 24, 14 9:48 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 05/24/2014 at 9:48:22 AM PST

ginabj1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by ginabj1 on May 24, 14 11:39 AM
Got about 23 minutes into the demo and received the following "access violation a 0x45424554 (tgroed tp wrote tp 0x54524554) program terminated." This is to bad because it looked interesting. Don't care for the time management games such as the CE for last thursday, so it looks like I won't be buying any CE's this week. Oh, have deleted the game from my drive, as well uninstalled the game and then deleted it from my recycle bin but still get the same access violation. Has not happened in while since I got my new computer in January. Hope they can fix it.

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Haunted Manor: Painted Beauties Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by FunIt on May 24, 14 12:19 PM
It's not my graphic card and not my sound driver, it's a GAME STOPPING BUG!

Edited on 05/24/2014 at 12:20:54 PM PST

Quailridge
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Quailridge on May 24, 14 12:49 PM
I am also having the pixelation issue using a Mac. If I close out the program and re-start I can play for a little longer but it starts again. It also is not my graphic card nor my sound driver. All my systems are current and up to date. Game programming issue - yet again.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on May 24, 14 2:01 PM
SandraDaL wrote:In playing the game, I cannot pick up the "S" hook. I restarted under another name and still cannot pick it up. Game play ends right there because you cannot progress without it.
There's stuff you have to do before you can take the 'S' hook.

SPOILER:
Highlight hidden text to view.
a. Light both candles in Main hall
b. Find and place the two column pieces. Turn the column pieces till you see the correct image glow. Do so on both columns Now you should be able to take the 'S' hook!!

If everything else fails, check the SG: Chapter 1: The Portrait

Good luck!

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on May 24, 14 2:18 PM
ginabj1, Access Violations are non-specific errors that may occur for a variety of reasons. I have some great troubleshooting steps for these issues in the help article below:

Access Violation

FunIt, Sometimes progression blocks like that can be caused because the computer isn't able to read all of the game's files. Running the game as an administrator can often help. Just click the link below for some instructions:

Run Game as Administrator

If these problems continue, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps can troubleshoot this issue for you to figure out what's going on.

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by khjune64 on May 24, 14 5:30 PM
I'm not tech savvy at all but I will try to explain, when I go into any of the hidden object scenes to any of the challenge areas, I get fuzzy blocks or a section of the scene repeated like a small square pictures one after another.

therat03
Clownfish
Clownfish
646 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Haunted Manor: Painted Beauties Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by therat03 on May 24, 14 6:00 PM
Quailridge wrote:I am also having the pixelation issue using a Mac. If I close out the program and re-start I can play for a little longer but it starts again. It also is not my graphic card nor my sound driver. All my systems are current and up to date. Game programming issue - yet again.

Don't get pixelation BUT:

1) switching scenes - get half white screen
2) when I click an active area highlighted by magnifying glass within a scene (e.g. click on a lantern to examine it) - I get a lovely window filled with scrambled or repeated perts of my desktop or Game Manager or some window.

I tried restarting but it is clearly an issue with the game. Ridiculous since I was inclined to buy. I am running Mavericks (10.9.3) on a 13" MBA (1.8 i7, Intel 3000 graphics).

Really annoyed. Eevery game I tried this weekend has had a performance issue - Sacra Terra, Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town, this one.The first two by **** have really bad slow down issues that get worse the longer one plays- just not acceptable. So instead of BFG selling 4 games to me, they get 0.

Edited on 05/24/2014 at 6:01:06 PM PST

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by TillyQ on May 24, 14 7:35 PM
I can't find the cursor on start page. I kept moving the mouse & clicking & got to the "Extra" page. Still no cursor. I tried quitting & restarting but still had this problem. I'm on a Mac with OSX10.6.8. Like therat03 said the last 2 games don't run right on Macs. I too was looking for games to buy because of the weekend special.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on May 25, 14 2:15 AM
hannah57 wrote:When I click on something on my (mac) the picture pixilates or if there is smoke, it stays across the screen. I don't know if this is the game or what. I have never had this happen before.

Im having the same issue. I have a mac and just updated it to 10.9.3-Mavericks or whatever its called. At first I thought it was the game but its not. There are fuzzed out like really blurry patches of squares in the hidden object scenes to the point that I can't see items or finish them even after having hint show me because its under the blurriness. Sad because I really enjoy this series and probably would have gotten it in the BOGO. Boo.

Please advise and/or fix...

Nikita77
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Nikita77 on May 25, 14 7:22 AM
It is slow as molasses going from room to room for me too.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on May 25, 14 7:24 AM
I played the demo yesterday, liked that so I bought the full version. I'd nearly played the entire thing by last night after starting, stopping, starting and stopping, so I knew it was saving my work all yesterday. Went to bed thinking I could get back up this morning to finish it off. Just started it back up and ALL MY WORK FROM YESTERDAY IS GONE!!!!!! It started me all the way back at the beginning as if I'd done nothing. What is up with that?

Playing on a Dell Inspiron running Windows 7 Pro.

majageorg
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Haunted Manor: Painted Beauties Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by majageorg on May 25, 14 1:09 PM
Hi all!!

I started the game and after finishing the first HOS and minigame, I can't acces the strategy guide, the map and the journal... Tried with a new profile: The same...

In addition, I cannot pick up the door-ring, laying next to the priest!! Therefore I am not able to play anymore...

Is it only me having these problems?

Edited on 05/25/2014 at 1:10:20 PM PST

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on May 26, 14 4:34 PM
just a slow sluggish game BFG what is happening - games getting worse AND THIS IS A CE -customers getting REALLY FED UP WITH THE STANDARD OF GAMES - Things are going from bad to worse - WE PAY _WE WANT TO PLAY
3/5 seconds to move cursor -sluggish -no map jump - here we go again - Bad GAMES - BUT BIG CASH TO PLAY _ BFG just last 10 months or so you guys are loosing it and us

Go to: