Map

Map

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 24, 14 2:30 AM
Is it me? I look at the map but can't see if there is a location what/where to do.

Cr1s
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:Map

[Post New]by Cr1s on May 24, 14 2:48 AM
No, it's not just you.

kjos
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by kjos on May 24, 14 3:27 AM
The map is useless. I use the hint. If you remember what is to be done somewhere else ok. Why do they even have a map there. I really like the game. It's a buy for me. Hints recharge pretty fast to.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on May 24, 14 9:32 AM
Me too... Map only indicates where I am, not a location with available action/tasks. That's a bummer because I usually rely on the map sometimes.

[Post New]by Anangelsprayer on May 24, 14 11:37 AM
Use the strategy guide. It tells you in there what area of the map to go to. I am playing on Expert mode and used the Angel twice. Just a thought.

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on May 24, 14 1:57 PM
I'm not thrilled with the map either. What a waste of time going back and forth with strategy guide/hint. Hopefully this developer will rethink this feature in the next game.

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on May 25, 14 2:53 AM
I'm waffling on if I want to buy the game or not. The map does nothing, why is it even there? I have trouble remembering stuff, so I like the map to let me know where I need to go. I have enough credits to get this for free, but I'm not sure I want to risk it. Is the game worth it, even though the map is worthless?

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 25, 14 4:39 AM
I send a message to the developers. Maybe I get an answer why the map is useless.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on May 25, 14 9:20 AM
It's a no buy for me because of the useless map.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on May 25, 14 9:26 AM
You can use the Map to travel between locations.

But I like for the Map to have an icon when there is something to be done at a location so you have an idea of where you need to go. Trying to remember is hard.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on May 26, 14 12:25 AM
heheheheh
the lazy cat part of prefers a map that shows where there is an action that can be played AND that shows if there is a morphing object still to be found, which with the length of time it takes the morphers in this game, would be a plus.....

As it is, I am happy to at least be able to use the map to jump to locations.

But, on the other hand, since one of the reasons I game is to preserve and exercise my cognitive skills.....the old, use it or lose it gambit.....
I guess, I should not complain that I have to try and remember which scene had what items still to be dealt with.

Nah!
I WANT to know what is active Devs......and that includes morphers!
lololololololololol

[Post New]by pnaife on May 26, 14 12:51 PM
Let me know when the map becomes useful!!!

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on May 27, 14 2:09 AM
I found the map dysfunctional and not helpful too. If it wasn't a jump map, it would have been completely useless. The lack of active areas on it is a major failure on the developer's behalf. You don't do this when a game requires unrelenting, and I really mean unrelenting, back and forth like this one. Frankly, I can't remember of another game I've played that had so, so much to and fro! For me, that is the game's biggest issue and not the angel/hint button that giggles for one second or two only to let you know that it is fully charged and ready to be used again.

This is not a game for those with a not so strong memory, unless of course they want to practice, but those who are always on the lookout for a challenge, will most likely find it perfect!

Edited on 05/28/2014 at 8:25:36 AM PST

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on May 27, 14 2:28 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:I send a message to the developers. Maybe I get an answer why the map is useless.

Good idea dobbiemijnboekje! Please, let us know what they replied. At least we'll have an answer as to why they designed the map this way.

samisgram
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by samisgram on May 27, 14 12:04 PM
Here I thought it was just me. The game could be fun if I didn't have to run all over because the map is useless.

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

[Post New]by elijah5 on May 28, 14 9:40 PM
Hi everyone,

When I beta'd this game, that was one of my biggest beefs about the map. I too like to know what still needs to be done and other locations where I have something to do. Obviously, they didn't get it. Therefore, I too agree with everyone else.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on May 29, 14 9:03 AM
Too bad they didn't take it into serious consideration, elijah5. I'm sure other testers brought up the issue in their survey too.

I wanted to say that apart from this, what ruined the experience for me was the sluggishness between changing scenes (yes, I got that too) and the stretched out graphics that forced me to disable the wide screen option and play with black bars on the sides. What can I say! I would have liked the game otherwise. But not with all these issues... No way!

Edited on 05/29/2014 at 9:06:27 AM PST

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Jun 2, 14 7:03 AM
Well, I did buy this game. I really wished the map would indicate locations of available actions. I had to use the hint many, many times. There are SO many locations to visit that the map would have been really helpful. Not sure I will buy another game if the map does not help.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jun 2, 14 11:54 PM
I am enjoying the game despite the flawed map....
but I damn well wish the Devs had paid attention to those Beta players who told them to add info to the map.

sigh, at least it helps me jump easily from scene to scene as I am trying to figure out what next......old, map-less games didn't even offer that option.

[Post New]by lisao219 on Jun 10, 14 1:01 PM
I agree the Map is useless,so is the Strategy guide

Go to: