lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

Help! When are we going to get back in?

[Post New]by lcjdqs on May 24, 14 8:15 AM
I have done everything to get back into this game. Please tell me when this will be fixed, and will all of us waiting to get in, get all the gold, energy you have passed out to others?

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

Re:Help! When are we going to get back in?

[Post New]by moosetracker on May 24, 14 8:39 AM
This is not something they can mass fix.. If none of the suggestions in the previous threads produced results, it you need to contact customer service and work with them one on one so that they can replace you corrupt game data that is on your hard drive with a working model of your specific manor that is not corrupt.

Edited on 05/25/2014 at 5:52:00 AM PST

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on May 24, 14 8:51 AM
I've done that. I even did a system restore in hopes of fixing it.

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on May 24, 14 1:41 PM
lcjdqs wrote:I've done that. I even did a system restore in hopes of fixing it.
I'm still locked out as of today as well..Like you, I have done everything I can think of . Just waiting on CS.

LaReinaGitana
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,007 Posts

[Post New]by LaReinaGitana on May 24, 14 2:14 PM
On the advice of a friend, I uninstalled and reinstalled my game, through the Game Manager, finding that I had the most recent version (with the fix) when the process was complete. That's what got me back in. My entire manor, grounds, juju, energy, gold, silver -- everything was there, plus the extras.

I realize that it might not work for everyone, but if you haven't tried it, it's something you might want to consider while you're waiting for CS -- who will likely suggest that you do that anyway.

Edited to add "through the Game Manager."

Edited on 05/24/2014 at 3:23:15 PM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on May 24, 14 2:32 PM
Hi All,

The Dark Manor Team is currently investigating on all the issues that have been reported. Here are some steps that have worked to get the game functioning for iOS and PC players:

For those playing on iOS devices, here is a fix that should get the game working again. Just follow the steps below:

1. Launch update.
2. Wait 5 mins.
3. Power down device
4. Power up device
5. Launch game

If that doesn't help, please contact Customer Support so we can look further into this issue.

For those having problems with the PC version of the game, there was a new client update that posted to the Big Fish Games App yesterday afternoon.

This update should show up on the left-hand side of your Big Fish Games app under 'Updates.' If you're not seeing that, just follow the steps below:

1) Open your app and make sure you're signed into your account.
2) Click on the 'Options' COG on the top right-hand side of your screen.
3) Click on the 'Downloads' tab.
4) Select 'Manually' and click 'Check For Updates.'

Restarting your computer after running the update can also help to make sure all the proper files are installed.

If you are still running into issues after installing that update, please contact our Tech Support Team so we can look into it.

Thanks for your patience.

bfgWendwater

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on May 24, 14 2:36 PM
Did all that 3 times. got the latest update this AM. Still locked out at the title page. It will NOT CONNECT I am stumped. I keep checking but there are no newer updates.

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on May 24, 14 4:54 PM
All of your ways to get back into dark manor do not work. Please come up with another way. It's the game not my computer, I can play ant other game. Please wok hard on this.

[Post New]by edogawaranpo on May 24, 14 7:23 PM
toomuchsht wrote:Did all that 3 times. got the latest update this AM. Still locked out at the title page. It will NOT CONNECT I am stumped. I keep checking but there are no newer updates.

The same thing has happened to me. The game freezes at the screen that says "connecting with spirits." I tried all the recommended fixes without success.

This morning customer support emailed and said their response time is 24-72 hours, so I guess I'll just have to be patient.

Memento Mori

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on May 25, 14 5:38 AM
I have BEEN patient. I am getting VERY IMPATIENT. Why did they put out an update that messed up SO many people????? Especially one that took ALL AFTERNOON to FINALLY get put up. Their excuse was "We are making DOUBLY SURE there are no bugs before we release it" ........to take off for a LONG weekend. You think YOUR weekend is long, mine is even longer waiting to hear back from you.

All the good will they THOUGHT they got from this update is GONE, I sure hope their JOBS aren't gone as well.

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on May 25, 14 5:21 PM
Hate to have to keep bringing this up. but I still can't get in. Where are the CS people who promised they would get back to me??? I am,still waiting while all of you are busy playing.

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on May 25, 14 5:38 PM
toomuchsht - I do feel sorry for you and everyone else locked out.. I have been there, and I know it is no fun.. But, since the only thing left for you to do is wait for CS, there is really nothing any of us on the forum can do for you.. Lots of advice was thrown out that helped some but not others.. We are totally out of ideas, as we are just fellow game players.. Even the moderators are not Customer Service or the game developers.. As far as I know CS & developers never visit here.. I think though developers pop into facebook, but just to announce something. I doubt they hang around to read anything..

Someone said after the 48 hours you can send an email using the general response message they sent to you.. For some reason they think that might get you a faster response, but it just might be coincidence and they were floating to the top of the queue shortly after they sent the email.

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on May 25, 14 6:33 PM
I'm still locked out and will probably stay locked out until customer service resumes after the holiday..Mine is the same.. goes to the starting page and says connecting and stops there.

[Post New]by mywildirishrose on May 25, 14 6:52 PM
If you read the post that one of the mods sent, it said that the CS staff and mods were available over the holiday weekend. Have patience, they will get to you. As Moosetracker said, if you tried all of the ideas in the forum, then I would also take that to mean that no one here has any other ideas. So, you'll just have to wait your turn. There are a lot of other players in the same boat.

LaReinaGitana
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,007 Posts

[Post New]by LaReinaGitana on May 25, 14 7:06 PM
I feel really sad for all of you who are still shut out of your game, and sorry that the uninstall/reinstall through Game Manager that worked for me was not the key to everyone's locked gates.

But as has been pointed out, we are just players like you, and while we have some experience with the game, very few of us have the technical computer knowledge to be able to troubleshoot and solve everyone's problems.

Releasing a huge new update right before a long holiday weekend -- especially one that required a lengthy maintenance supposedly to ensure that all the bugs had been squished -- was not the brightest thing to have done; unfortunately, BFG has now established a track record for doing things like this. Look at the forums for other games and you'll see the same complaints ad infinitum.

That said, the customer service people connected with Dark Manor WILL get to your problem as soon as they can, and WILL work with you to find your particular key. They have established a track record for doing things like that.

It isn't easy -- indeed, it's quite frustrating -- to maintain patience (I had a hard time being without my game for several days while waiting for CS), but at this point that's the best advice I can offer.

Edited on 05/25/2014 at 7:07:21 PM PST

[Post New]by mywildirishrose on May 25, 14 7:17 PM
Thanks LaReinaGitana, you said it in a much nicer way than I did but it all still boils down to having patience.
CS has never disappointed me in the past and I'm sure they will have a solution to everyone's problem. It's just a matter of waiting till your ticket comes up.

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on May 26, 14 5:05 AM
Patience, seems I've lost mine, but your message gives me hope. I will leave the manor alone until they get up with me. Going on fourth day and no answer, it is hard. I love this game.

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on May 26, 14 5:30 AM
I know the mods are not cs. I am not angry at them, just frustrated at the fact that I can't get in . I am sure there are many more in the same boat as us who can't play, but don't post here on the forum. I'll be patient because that is all I can be right now.

Thanks to all who have been trying to help us get back in.

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on May 26, 14 5:48 AM
I do have something that will not help with this problem, but might help if you get it this specific error the future.. In case you are not who I talked to on this before, your error is not specifically tied to the update, but has been around for several months.. It is the one where you get "Stuck at the Dark Manor Splash Screen".. I forget who figured this out, but it worked for them..

This will only work if you play the game unlinked to facebook. But the "Stuck at the Dark Manor Splash Screen" only seems to happen to games not linked to facebook.

Once they get you up an working.. Take the DM game folder (you will know what it is, as CS will walk you through blowing it away and creating a new one then ask for the new Manor ID # from it so they can hook your manor up to your new DM ID #..)
Any way make a copy of your DM game folder and save it somewhere.. (Maybe save it on a flash drive off the computer, it may help you restore without CS help if your computer crashes.)..

If you ever get the problem of getting stuck at the DM splash screen again.. swap the saved DM game folder with the active DM game folder..

The person who did this backed up her game folder weekly, because she didn't want it to out of date fearing she would loose any gains she made since the backup.. She was pleasantly surprised when the time came she had to use it that not only did she get back into the manor, but it went out to the DM servers and used it to sync the game back up, so she lost nothing..

This would not help for the problem where people are stuck because the game install didn't go right.. That error is in the game exe software, and not an error in the game folder. It won't be a silver bullet for all errors, but has been tested and seems to work for this error, and may work for other errors where the problem stems from a corrupt game folder, or if you store it outside your computer, could get you up and running on a new computer.

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on May 26, 14 1:36 PM
If only I knew how to do what you said! I am in my mid 60;s and just typing for me is strange and not at all natural. I am getting better, but I will have to wait until my son the computer "whiz" comes over to translate what you just said.. Thanks for trying to get this old dog to do a new trick. Remember I was the one you had to explain PM too!

Edited on 05/26/2014 at 1:37:00 PM PST

Go to: