Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

Friends' list coincedence

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 26, 14 4:05 PM
I have a rotation set up for my remaining friends and gift everyone with a request list item every 8 days. There are two people on my friends' list that always gift me the day before they are due a gift. The next day I send them a gift because it's their turn (I like to make sure that I get everyone).

I can't help thinking that they believe I only send them a gift because they sent me one but that's not the case. They must have the same number of friends that I do and my turn is the day before I send. Why it bothers me I don't know. Could it be that I want them to think that I'm generous and not just sending because I have to? I'm not sure.

I'm an anal retentive person and it's just the way I am. At my age I'm not likely to change any time soon.

The other issue is friends that have given me tons of items and because they are on a rotation I have only given them a fraction of what they've sent me. I have one friend that has sent me 23 items. Yikes. She's only gotten 7 from me. I feel like I should reciprocate sooner but then others will be pushed out of line.

Sometimes it's ok because they'll send me a crystal ball and I'll gift them a night orchid but I don't always have those items.

I need to stop being such a worry wart. It's just tough for me with my personality flaws.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:Friends' list coincedence

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 26, 14 4:44 PM
Regarding those friends whom you gift the day after you receive gifts from them due to the nature of your rotation: if the situation were reversed, and they were gifting you the day after YOU sent them a gift, would you think they were merely gifting you out of a sense of obligation?

If you would still regard them as generous as you do now, why not credit them with the ability to regard you as generous? If it really bothers you, you could always change your rotation and move these people up a day or two.

As for those who gift you more frequently than you gift them: if they had a problem with it, surely they would gift you less frequently.

There are probably as many gifting "systems" as there are players. A good friend will accept that others may handle things differently than themselves and try as best they can to be compatible. And that may be the best gift we can give each other.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

Re:Friends' list coincedence

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 26, 14 4:49 PM
Thank you for your insight Tiramisu, I hadn't looked at it that way before. You are absolutely correct.

For the ones that gift me more often than I gift them, I've tried contacting them to give them special gifts but they don't come to the forum

Go to: