A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 05/27/2014 at 8:12:19 AM PST

enfieldlady
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Another Case Solved here

[Post New]by enfieldlady on May 27, 14 6:55 AM
I dont like it. I am not even able to draw the first line,. I think I will uninstall it.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on May 27, 14 8:12 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Another Case Solved here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Another Case Solved.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on May 27, 14 9:58 AM
Very Original***

IN BRIEF

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
It looks very cartoony, I know. In this case, that’s a plus. This is a fun little game with a combination of gameplay I’ve not seen before, with a light-hearted “story” frame that keeps everything very simple. I love the way this game looks. It is cute in a non-pretty way. Different from anything we are used to. I like the voiceovers speaking some gobbledy **** language, although I don’t understand why they do. I hate the ‘music’. Unbelievably repetitious in the way that only time management games can do – and this is not one of those.

I’ve been trying really hard to resist the siren call of these so-called Free To Play games on principle, but they are slowly eroding my will power. It is clear to me that the very best game ideas are being channelled into this genre of games.

In this case, we live in a city where candy has been criminalised, and we are a detective building our agency from the ground up, starting with cat rescue cases. To play, we must interview suspects, which is done by playing a puzzle game that reminds me of Azkend. You must link adjoining symbols in a grid to eliminate them and accumulate enough of each type to ‘interview’ witnesses.

This in turn produces individual object tiles – for example, photos or maps – that we need to solve the case. Once we have passed this test, we will get to choose 3 questions from a predetermined set to help eliminate suspects. For example, Woman or man? Once all bar the villain are eliminated, you can choose to solve the case by announcing the guilty party.

Some cases are searching for missing things such as a cat or a donut shop. This involves some similar gameplay but also a series of 3 clues as to its whereabouts. For example, more than 3 tiles from the post office. Solving small cases unlocks more serious investigations. As you progress, time limits and/or move limits increase the difficulty.

You do not get to choose the direction your progress takes, or any aspect of the game as far as I could see, except dressing up your avatar and your office. Which you do by spending $$ and candies on it. And of course, there is the provision for buying time or moves to speed up your progress.

I don’t know how far you’d get without money in this one. I found I was failing to meet the moves criteria almost at once. But perhaps with a little practice...

COMBINED IMPACT
Will I play it? I don’t know. But it is worth a look at if you like puzzles and/or detective stories. It is refreshingly different.

donald147
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by donald147 on May 27, 14 11:15 AM
If you like puzzles & actually solving mysteries, you will like this game. You do have to play a lot of match-3 type puzzles, but they get a lot easier as the game progresses & you buy new tools with game cash & candy. There is something of a learning curve to pick up the best way to solve the cases & newspaper games. I've been playing this on my iPod for over 2 months now & I ended up restarting from the beginning partway thru chapter 2 because I wasn't doing well & had finally gotten the hang of it. In that time I've never felt the need to pay real money for anything in this game. As you level up you will earn lots of game cash and enough candy keep going if you spend it wisely. I'm on level 19 now and plan to play thru it on the computer now that I can enjoy it with a much larger picture.

Favorite aspects:
- actually having to solve the cases
- customizing your character
- decorating your office

Least favorite:
- music is way too repetitive
- you have to earn a lot of newspapers to get through all the cases

lucyb24
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by lucyb24 on May 27, 14 5:48 PM
I've been playing this for quite a while on my ipad. I am totally addicted to it, but I have to mention it gets really REALLY difficult after a while. I don't know how this will work on my PC, but on my ipad you can restart the cases and not lose anything. Hope it's the same way on here because it gets harder and harder to get the three stars on the major cases. You have to accumulate as many tools and aids that you can to complete the cases and much strategy is involved.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on May 28, 14 11:58 AM
Hi there, just posted my review on this game in the game page, haven't noticed there's a forum open so hello
Very nice one indeed! Am enjoying myself very much so far. I find this game unique in style, diverse in a very good way and most of all challenging! Have been playing it much since yesterday and really enjoying myself.
Also have been offered with some very nice sales and it was a bit too soon for me to make purchases as I need some time to understand the game better but I sure hope such great offers will show up again as I might want to use them if I keep enjoying myself so much, oh yes!
Great stuff is the daily bonus, the option to make extra candies every 12 hours, tons of upgrades, bonuses, boosts, not sure how to call them but really - a lot to explore in this game and having a really great time so far. Gave it 5 stars. Oh and we can also get 10 candies as a gift for liking this game on FB. Nice gift!
Thank You!

Edited on 05/28/2014 at 12:03:58 PM PST

LikaLaruku
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by LikaLaruku on May 29, 14 3:58 PM
My updated review, because unlike G@mezeb0, Bigfish hasn't implemented an "edit" button yet. That or they had one & got rid of it....

---------------------------------------------------------
I was playing Criminal Case & Detective Tales on Facebook & wondering if Bigfish had anything like them; where instead of spending an entire game solving a single case, you work on a string of cases that sometimes are & sometimes aren't related. The answer was "yes, & it just arrived today, in fact." Only instead of a hidden object crime drama, it's a match 3 with a Guess Who mini game & a sugary spin on Prohibition, likely inspired by the failed law New York City tried to pass in 2013 to limit the size of sugary drinks.

Major cases, which are hard difficulty, get increasingly harder as you level, forcing you to rely on aides, which you have to buy with the money you made solving crimes that you were saving up for office redecoration & wardrobe. These cases award 1-3 star points, which you spend on your skill tree, & are repeatable. Minor cases, which come in easy & intermediate, are not repeatable & have no story lines or mini games.
Cons:
*Tutorial is overly long & condescendingly holds your hand through the first 15-30 minutes. You won't be able to click anything it doesn't want you to until it ends, & you can't skip it.
*Facebook-style time limitations. Only instead of energy, it's waiting for cases to be delivered.
*Cloyingly kid-friendly, like Crime Solitaire. Not at all the dark comedy with murder mystery I was hoping it'd be.
Pros:
*Not a lot of Bigfish games let you customize your character at all. The only other one I can think of is Bush Wh@cker 2.
*Unlockables, upgradables, skill trees, customization.
*Clever use of match 3 with varying scales of challenge. If you don't work your brain, you'll be replaying levels.
*Nice variety of side games that make sense in the context of the story, as opposed to just slapping around magical steampunk contraptions.
*Recurring characters & sometimes witty banter.
Quick summery: Starts off patronizing & slowly grows on you over the course of a few days. Next thing you know,you're addicted. I recommend spending $5 real world dollars on the game to double your delivery time & increase your newspaper load.

Edited on 06/01/2014 at 4:15:10 AM PST

shepherdmoon
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by shepherdmoon on May 29, 14 5:10 PM
I enjoyed this game at first, although the tutorial is annoyingly long and unnecessary--like yeah, just let me play for goodness sake, without forcing me to click on exactly what you want for what seems like an eternity, with no option for anything else.

Now I'm at the point where it takes several newspaper cases solved to open up a single main case file. You can only do one newspaper case in I don't know how long... the time between the first two is around 11 minutes or so. I don't know if it gets exponentially longer after that or not since I don't have the patience to wait that long for the second one. I finish the first case in 1 minute and either twiddle my thumbs for 10 minutes, spend real money to rush things along, or go play something else and come back later... no thank you, I don't want to play a game for only a minute at a time. I need a little bit more time on it before I feel annoyed and bored. If I could only buy the whole game for regular Big Fish prices, then fine, but I have no intention of constantly throwing more and more money at it (ad-infinity) just so I can play for more than a minute or so at each sitting.

I'm also playing the free-to-play "Virtual Families 2", and although it admittedly is slow and it takes real time to wait to advance, at least there is something to do while you're waiting for other things to happen (like search for random collectibles to show up to gain money faster). As far as I can see, if there's no case to solve in this game, there is nothing to do.

ETA: the next day I played again and this time was able to play a major case, which made me level up and awarded me with 3 newspapers, which allowed me to play alot longer. I guess I'll give it another chance: the game play is challenging and fun, so I do enjoy it.

Edited on 05/30/2014 at 10:37:02 AM PST

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Jun 5, 14 2:30 AM
I'm about Day 5 of this game and enjoying it immensely. I'm one of those guilty of getting impatient with hand-holding tutorials, especially those you can't opt out of, but this one is really, really necessary. I wish I had paid attention and not just clicked everything to get through it, because there were things I didn't "get" and could really have used some help with later on. I started a new game on a different computer and PAID THE HECK ATTENTION THIS TIME. It has made all the difference.

I'm playing a woman on one computer and a man on the other, and it tickles me no end how the same characters treat each one so differently. I love that you can personalize your looks and I love that there's an ongoing "story" as you play. You develop relationships with several of the characters and learn more about their lives. I especially liked the engagement story. I'm anxious to learn more about all these people and also look forward to purchasing a nicer outfit for myself now that my face looks just how I want it.

emato
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by emato on Aug 7, 14 4:19 PM
I've never played a "play for free" type game - even on Facebook. I started a few, but it seemed soon on, that it was going to be impossible without buying things.- That sort of put me off to the whole genre.

With that said, I came to Another Case Solved with that in mind but also the hope it would be something better.

I love police and crime type games. So I tried it. I love it! It's great and I don't buy anything -- I just wait. I love this game! I wish there were more like it (but not the free to pay type thing) because there just isn't much out there.

Every evening I look forward to playing this -- sometimes I can only play a few newpapers and sometimes I can do a full case. I just wish so much there would be a full game of this - buy the game and play. It's one of the best casual games I have ever played. But the need to wait (or pay) takes away from it -- but not enough to keep me from playing a little everyday.

Pros -- Great concept, story, and game play

Cons - It's a pay to play. If you don't pay -- you need to wait. It's worth it, in my opinion. I have only one case left in level 3 and have 3 starred (max) all of them (a lot by going back and replaying) and the only thing I ever bought was in the beginning, I purchased the 5 newspaper delivery vs the 3 standard. Never bought anything else ever.

Overall - I love it! If you like crime themes and cute stories mixed with match 3/5 games, then you should defiantly give this a try. There is so much to do - even without purchase. Things to collect - achievements - ways to play over and learn/do better. It's really fun!

I wish they would put out a similar game that we could flat out buy - and play as much and as often as we wish. I'd be first in line!

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Aug 23, 14 9:02 AM
I enjoyed the game. The variety of puzzles keeps it from being monotonous, as does the plot "development." The tools and equipment allow quite sophisticated strategic planning. Once you get going, the need to spend $$ goes away, except for the impatient - my advice to the impatient is, never buy a PTP game!
However, I've run out of major cases. Looking forward to resuming full play if the game gets upgraded.

mcbs14
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by mcbs14 on Dec 8, 14 6:30 PM
I really enjoy this game. Will it be updated?

Go to: