Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

No one likes a whiner...(possible spoiler)

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 28, 14 6:01 PM
...but may I add just a little one here for the developers to see?

Please consider the eyesight of some of your players when designing the HO scenes please. The TUNING FORK in one of the new scenes is incredibly small/thin and takes a more than a few clicks sometimes to select it. There's no reason to make an object that small.

Thank you

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

Re:No one likes a whiner...(possible spoiler)

[Post New]by eastendteddy on May 28, 14 6:11 PM
DITTO DITTO DITTO I almost sit on the screen to see some of these things

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on May 28, 14 6:23 PM
Well said! I am sure many of us are developing new crow's feet (laugh lines) and forehead wrinkles from squinting at our screens. I find myself leaning closer and closer to the screen until my nose is nearly touching it! I wonder if Elephant and have some sort of global kick-back agreement with optometrists, ophthalmologists and opticians. lol

KittChaos
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by KittChaos on May 28, 14 6:35 PM
Hey! *raises hand* Optician here. I can assure you I'm just as frustrated by some of the images in the HOS as any one (and I have access to the best sort of lenses and the newest anti-reflective coatings that are supposed to block the damaging high end blue-violet light all our digital screens are emitting).

(*giggle* Just so funny that you should mention opticians when I am one.)

mizzelle
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by mizzelle on May 28, 14 6:35 PM
I am glad they made the musical note bigger in the Mirrors HOs. I would usually need to waste a hint on finding it before. The bright white scenes like the winter ones are usually the harder ones because items seem to blend in for me.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 28, 14 6:58 PM
Raising all hands, feet, and other appendages in concert with all of you. The tuning fork is impossible, especially since it would only take my clicking on the handle, not between the tines. Devs, not all of us have high-def, wide-screen, 30" monitors or eyes to match. Enough of us have problems with dexterity that we can't always move the mouse to a 1/16" square spot in less than a minute. Between the two Itis brothers, Arthur- and Tendon-, it takes me a good half hour or more most days to loosen up my mouse hand so it won't go shooting off to the side on its own. Could you please at least make the clickable zone on items cover the entire item, not just part of it? I'm always having problems with the handcuffs since it only takes a click on the chain most of the time.
Thanks for your consideration.

Edited on 05/28/2014 at 6:59:19 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 28, 14 7:35 PM
And here I was, wondering why my eyes have been so tired lately.

Apart from small objects - haven't yet come across the later part of the game - I also don't like to have to look for a white-coloured shell that is on a light-coloured background, while sun-beams (my pet peeve) glaring down from above. This particular scene is in the Mystery Chamber - the top one at the right called "Tree of Knowledge". Everything is in blue shades (another pet peeve), and things at the top left are really hard to see. And there, mostly, sits that darn shell. LOL

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 28, 14 8:25 PM
You all are so funny, thanks for the laugh

I agree that the click zone should encompass the full area of the item. I have the problem with selecting the chain in the Winter scene on the ferret's neck. Every so often I click inside one of the links and it doesn't select it.

Valdy, that shell can be so hard to find. I have to send out a search party myself.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 28, 14 9:32 PM
LOL Glad I am not the only one who keeps having an AWOL shell.

I too have the clicking problem - had it from the start - with several objects. The chain is one of those, especially the one in the Winter scene.

It seems that not all the pixels on the objects are active, and it makes clicking on the items quite tiresome. Also, quite often my cursor (am using the system cursor) drags along. It's as if the game says: "Hold on a minute, little lady. I think you are going a tad too fast. Lets just slow you down for a micro second."

That is quite tiresome as well. I don't race through the HOS - don't care for high scores - but I would like my cursor to move evenly, and without interruption.

[Post New]by milliemaltese on May 29, 14 12:38 AM
I totally agree with all the above. Sometimes when I've had a chance to play the games several times in one day, my eyes start watering from staring at the screen trying to find things. The new tuning fork is crazy. Even after I find it I end up clicking 3 or 4 times before it "takes ". I have the same problem with the bracelet that's in several of the HOS. And let's not talk about potential carpel tunnel...oh, that's my fault for playing too much

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on May 29, 14 3:48 AM
All hands, feet and paws up here! My poor old eyes can barely see some of the tiny things and that's on my PC. Imagine me playing it on my iPad mini...I just have to tap about in the area and hope for the best!!!!!

gerl2
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by gerl2 on May 29, 14 4:01 AM
I have the same problem with the tuning fork, the second most annoying object for me is the caterpillar.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on May 29, 14 4:40 AM
gerl2 wrote:I have the same problem with the tuning fork, the second most annoying object for me is the caterpillar.

Yes, those caterpillars! Ugh! We got rid of a lot of spiders all over the place and now there's a plague of caterpillars! Maybe the caterpillars ate the spiders

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 29, 14 5:41 AM
Not to mention the fact that the caterpillar is not a caterpillar but a centipede. Unless a caterpillar looks like a centipede in your parts of the world?

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on May 29, 14 6:13 AM
Oh true!!!! I thought they were caterpillars walking on little stilts

KittChaos
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by KittChaos on May 29, 14 6:27 AM
*splorfle!*

Don't give them any ideas, or they might want us to collect 'the tiny caterpillar stilt that is third one back on the left'.

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on May 29, 14 6:27 AM
sarcasm

I think they need to make the ring at the stone bowl smaller - I can still see it

...and change the contrast on the jolly roger in mirrors for the same reason

end sarcasm

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 29, 14 6:36 AM
Funny, I thought the caterpillars were inchworms. Except on my monitor they're more like 1/4 inch-worms. A nice fuzzy caterpillar would be much plumper and easier to spot.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on May 29, 14 6:54 AM
Well now Valdy has said they are centipedes I can find the darn things!!!!

That ring at the stone bowl is huge on my iPad mini (not)! I may as well press with my nose playing on it, it's close enough to the screen

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 29, 14 7:36 AM
Geniegal, I am rolling on the floor in laughter...that is the funniest sarcasm I've heard in a long while. I'm still laughing. That ring is SO tiny. Wait...let me find the magnifying glass in the scene so I can find the ring....pffft.

Go to: