cookme
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Health

[Post New]by cookme on May 29, 14 6:50 AM
It seems that no matter what I try, I can't increase the health of my 60-year-old. I've tried sunshine, exercise, doctor exam (did not detect any health issues), antibiotic, organic food, and whatever else I could think of. I don't have any fruit in my flea market so I can't do that. I'm afraid I'm going to lose her! Does anyone have any suggestions?

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

Re:Health

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on May 29, 14 9:00 AM
Give her the antibacterial hand gel. if you don't have that have her shower, wash hands, brush teeth, gargle, wash hair, anything that has to do with hygiene, and do it frequently.

Have her sit, read newspapers, magazines, watch Tv or just sit on the sofa repeatedly until her energy bar is more towards max.

Have her eat often.

That's about it, except for the perfect bananas, vitamins and antibacterial gel that never seems to be there when you need it. Food, hygiene and rest are the key. Check in on her often through out the day and repeat the above. Let her rest at night w/o opening the game for 6-8 hours.

Note giving the antibiotics when they don't need it - some people say this is detrimental to their health, I don't know if it is or not , haven't tried it as it seems like it would not be beneficial, just like in RL.

hth, GL!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Health

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on May 29, 14 10:53 AM
And in this game, when you get past 60, sometimes nothing whatever helps.

Honestly, I'd just prepare for this: You open the game sometime today and her spirit is standing above her discarded body, smiling and waving at you for a moment before she disappears. Everybody else in the house will be Depressed for a few hours of real time, but SHE won't be!

cookme
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by cookme on May 29, 14 11:30 AM
Thank you for the tips DivaDoodle. And yes, GeorgeTSLC, I've been preparing myself for that... and trying to prevent it by pausing the game before exiting in hopes that she won't be gone when I return and there will be some fruit or antibacterial lotion available in the flea market. No luck so far. And I can't get her to wash her hands to save my life (and hers!). I found that washing hands increases health in the child but it doesn't seem to be in her list of possible actions any longer which makes me think her doomsday clock is set...

cookme
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by cookme on May 29, 14 11:59 AM
Thanks again, DivaDoodle, for the tips! I also gave her the sunscreen which made her exercise outdoors. That gave her a tiny blip up in health.

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on May 29, 14 1:25 PM
YW Cookme, I just wanted to add that when you pause the game you might also be pausing the timer that gets new items in the flea market. I am not positive about this but just wanted you to be aware that this may be the case. GL!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Health

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on May 29, 14 8:19 PM
Sunscreen causes outdoor exercise? Well, well!

cookme
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by cookme on May 31, 14 7:20 AM
Update... I was able to improve the health of 60-year-old "Zest" mainly using the fruit from the flea market. I kept the game paused and fruit did repeatedly appear for purchase nonetheless, though it took a while in between opportunities. When Zest's health was restored to about half I finally felt comfortable exiting the game without pausing it. I checked back an hour later and both Zest and her husband were dead! Her husband had always been extremely healthy, happy, energetic, and well fed. He was 60 also. I'm disappointed that our actions do not have more affect on the outcome of the characters...

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on May 31, 14 3:17 PM
awww Cookme sorry it didn't help. I am glad you posted about the pausing having no effect on the fleamarket, that is good to know, thank you.

I had read on another forum that the later generations seem to live longer, and all said to give only the organic when it's finally affordable, as being helpful to longevity.

I decided to go ahead and purchase the treadmill and did notice it made a slight blip increase in the health meter, though I think they had a slight dip in the hunger.

I have high hopes for my current Mother, Cookie. she was just 23 when I got her and has incredibly high health and energy. She has only needed maybe 4 of green glove for her to 'get it' about work., so I am not going to do more so that she can do more of what she wants that is healthful and relaxing--I do still green glove all reading materials, hobby, exercise, and fun stuff like the wading pool. Hope she is the one that makes it to wise!

cookme
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by cookme on May 31, 14 4:39 PM
What generation are you on DivaDoodle? Zest was generation 7, and both her and her husband were very healthy, happy, and high energy - I was sure they would make it to 65! Then very suddenly at age 60 Zest took a nosedive. They both had good jobs so I really wanted them to keep going. I did a mix of organic and regular food for them so this next generation I will switch to all organic. It may be impossible to hit 65 until a certain generation no matter what you do.

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on May 31, 14 5:02 PM
On the free to play I am still in gen 4 and they are just in their 40's.

On the paid for version I thought i must have been on gen 15 but I just now looked, and I was ready to start gen 11 on all 5 different families, and still have not hit Wise! they die at 63-64 every time. That was weird to go there again the maid and gardner are cleaning and the pets were all there so I had to feed them!
I have stopped playing the paid for version one for many months now. I am liking the smoother graphics in the free to play, and the simplicity of having just one family to manage (the temptation to play all 5 families is very strong, lol and takes a lot of time!)

Go to: