truman99
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Remember to use the GAMMA button!!

[Post New]by truman99 on May 29, 14 10:32 AM
Hi, everyone! I'm only 20 minutes into the demo, but just wanted to remind you that the graphics can be made lighter by using the gamma slider button in the OPTIONS settings. They are automatically set at 50%, but I needed to set it at 70 or 75% to get the screen from being so dark. Most of you probably know this, but maybe new fishies might not! Loving this game so far....and I beta-tested it back in January. Happy gaming!!

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

Re:Remember to use the GAMMA button!!

[Post New]by JulieJay on May 29, 14 11:38 AM
Thank you for this. I never knew what it meant so always left it alone. Now I know, I can adjust to suit.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on May 29, 14 12:01 PM
I wish more Devs than the sweeties at Elephant would include a gamma correction slider in the options.
It would make a big difference in how many games I buy, because I skip over the ones that are so dark, that I cannot see what I need to pick up....and I don't care if there are sparkles....I still want to see the action.

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Melymc on May 29, 14 6:27 PM
I agree truman99 & tookat! I love when I'm able to lighten the games. One day I just started to mess with the things in the options screen and I stumbled upon this. Most of the games that are "haunted" or have anything to do with a darker theme need to be lightened in some way. So BRAVO to those DEVS! Wonderful idea ! Thanks for thinking of your customers, that keeps us coming back. Have a great weekend everyone!

Dudesmum
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by Dudesmum on May 30, 14 12:58 AM
tookat wrote:I wish more Devs than the sweeties at Elephant would include a gamma correction slider in the options.
It would make a big difference in how many games I buy, because I skip over the ones that are so dark, that I cannot see what I need to pick up....and I don't care if there are sparkles....I still want to see the action.

I know that someone (I think it was Just the Facts) who told me if the HO game is to dark just click in the dark spots and something is bound to be hidden there ...

I recently revisited some of my older games to find that this actually worked sooo cool...

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on May 30, 14 8:26 PM
Somebody told me about an application called f.lux that can sort of monitor the lighting, at least on a laptop screen.
It does not work as well as I would like, but it does make the screen a bit lighter.
You have to keep fussing with its settings to have it work though.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jun 27, 14 12:24 PM
I've got the gamma up to 100% and am still finding the HOs
too dark to see.

Edited on 06/27/2014 at 12:53:38 PM PST

Go to: