gabrielmine
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:creative ways to play HOP's

[Post New]by gabrielmine on May 29, 14 12:31 PM
Hi there...That sounds like a wonderful idea! I just left the game because I got bored. I'm trying to tame that *itch of a witch again AND come up with the 10,000 coins to unlock the next thing.

Be safe in the castle.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on May 29, 14 12:44 PM
Hi, XzyvaGreenfern....I remember back in the old bow figurine days when some of us were doing anything to keep our sanity, someone said they actually found the hidden objects in alphabetical order..and to throw in a little extra spice, found them in alphabetical order backwards too.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 29, 14 12:46 PM
To get through the HO scenes without falling asleep, I use the Edwina Margrave dream cards approach. I pretend the items on the list are words on her dream cards and find objects 4 at a time, saying to myself "I name you Angel Whip and Frog Feather." And imagine the objects replying in a high pitched voice "Yes, yes, those are our names." (Anybody who hasn't played Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart is thinking I'm completely out of my mind)

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 29, 14 3:04 PM
LOL, I appreciate these suggestions...I too do whatever I can to try and have fun while I keep doing these same hos over and over again. Here lately, the problems I am having with it has even spoiled this aspect. I find my self doing just what I have to do for a quest and closing out. But I keep going back to it...stubborn ole coot, lol.

[Post New]by milliemaltese on May 29, 14 3:39 PM
I've tried them in alphabetical or, actually harder, the exact order they appear on the list. You have to be careful with this one because they slip a new item into the old empty space. I also do the associations, like poison cup, paintbrush and palette, horse figure and horse shoe, etc.

[Post New]by Pagan_Twylight on May 29, 14 3:45 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:Hi, XzyvaGreenfern....I remember back in the old bow figurine days when some of us were doing anything to keep our sanity, someone said they actually found the hidden objects in alphabetical order..and to throw in a little extra spice, found them in alphabetical order backwards too.

whitebutterfly54...don't forget...to make it really more entertaining you can alternate the beginning and the end of the alphabet. That way, you end up in the middle instead of either end.

On another note, has anyone ever questioned why one should NEED to find an entertaining way to do the HOS? Like, maybe....they are really rather...boring?

Pagan

P.S. I have now arrived at the point where I automatically start at the end of the alphabet...and caught myself doing it even on the HOS that are at the max time limit and no longer need to be entertaining while the timer runs down. I've been doing this way, way, way too long.

PT

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on May 29, 14 4:19 PM
TiramaSue wrote:To get through the HO scenes without falling asleep, I use the Edwina Margrave dream cards approach. I pretend the items on the list are words on her dream cards and find objects 4 at a time, saying to myself "I name you Angel Whip and Frog Feather." And imagine the objects replying in a high pitched voice "Yes, yes, those are our names." (Anybody who hasn't played Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart is thinking I'm completely out of my mind)

Your post made me giggle because I have not played that game and the high pitched voices talking back sounds sooo amusing!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 29, 14 4:51 PM
Pagan - I think the real question should be: Why is this game so popular and what keeps people playing?

This game contains just about everything that people complain about in HOPA's they feel are not CE worthy and lacks just about everything people claim they want in a good game.

There are no voice-overs.
The story moves at a snail's pace.
There is essentially no jump map.
The HO scenes are used more than once.
The mini games are too easy (if you can call playing dice, spinning the fortune wheel, and crafting objects mini games.)

This game is a straight HOG. And it doesn't have the added attraction of fixing up the Castle (a la Gardenscapes) as something to do in between the never-ending HO scenes.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on May 29, 14 4:59 PM
TiramaSue, I wish I had an answer for you. I really don't know what keeps me so addicted. I have never played like this before. During the Bow Figurine horror, I cried, screamed, begged, ranted and raved at the computer. I threw my hands up (like Scarlett O'Hara) screaming "As God is my witness, I will never play this game again." And yet here I am. The forum has an awful lot to do with it for me, this is my first forum and just about everyone has been supportive and extremely generous along the way. If the game ends tomorrow, I will miss this group terribly. So, warts and all, I love Midnight Castle.

memagirl
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by memagirl on May 29, 14 10:37 PM
Here is what I do , i look at the first set of 6 items then try to find the rest without loking at the list and see how fast i can get all , at the Broken Well i can do it in 39 seconds. i realy don't care about the ponts. if I am first or last it's ok with me

kdreetz
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by kdreetz on May 31, 14 11:46 PM
Sometimes I just randomly click the items I know will be on the list at some point. May take longer (and I may speed up the carpal tunnel process), but ya gotta break the monotony. I'll try the alphabet idea!

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Jun 2, 14 3:59 PM
Xzyva LOL You've officially joined the Level 21 & Bow Figurine Loony Bin. Lucky for you, Lizzie's set it up so paperwork/admission forms are automatically sent to the appropriate departments. You're in good company, not too scary and from what I've heard, the meds are outrageous. I've never taken them, preferring ummmmm... liquid meds instead. See you in the halls. Wheeeeeeee!

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jun 7, 14 4:58 PM
Of course, you use a MOON BOTTLE to store MOONSHINE !

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jun 9, 14 5:10 PM
Thanks for clarifying that the bottle clothespins are to be used on the imbibers, not on the bottles. Couldn't figure out how that would work, unless it was a really strong clothespin and a plastic bottle .

Go to: