[Post New]by pondprowler on May 30, 14 12:32 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 05/30/2014 at 11:26:10 AM PST

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Royal Detective: Queen of Shadows here

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on May 30, 14 11:25 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Royal Detective: Queen of Shadows here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Royal Detective: Queen of Shadows.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 30, 14 4:03 PM
Hi all. Well, my original review for the CE version still stands. Graphics and game play are the usual Elephant standard. Nothing new or exciting in this game at all. HOPs and puzzles were extremely simple and took no real thought to complete.

Although I did like the story and the "bring the statue to life" part of the game, I still do not feel it is CE worthy. There is no challenge, but after playing the SE version, I have decided that I will purchase this game to add to my collection. I do have the need to play it out and see what happens, but will not be purchasing the CE version.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

Edited: Wow, am I glad I didn't buy the CE...extremely short game!

Edited on 05/30/2014 at 6:48:50 PM PST

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on May 30, 14 8:53 PM
dancemom1 wrote:Hi all. Well, my original review for the CE version still stands. Graphics and game play are the usual Elephant standard. Nothing new or exciting in this game at all. HOPs and puzzles were extremely simple and took no real thought to complete.

Plus, the story line is so strange that I couldn't figure out where to go or what to do next without a hint. Fortunately, the hints are transporting, so you don't have to do a lot of manual backing and forthing.
I didn't like it, won't buy it. But as dancemom1 said,
As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games...

Edited on 05/30/2014 at 8:54:40 PM PST

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jun 2, 14 7:39 AM
As with all of this developers games, the annimations and graphics are excellent, however unless the CE takes this story beyond or they plan a sequel...the ending to this really sucks...and thats putting it mildly. After treading through this entire game to have it end with such a weak, useless ending is really a disappointment and if you have to buy the CE to conclude it, that is really a rip.

Good things? The transporter map was excellent and you definatley need it since this game is all over the place. The Hint and skip recharge quickly and the hint recharge is quite amusing. Mini games are OK, some easy and some really tedious which I skipped....not a mini game player myself.

Voice-overs were a bit annoying, but not to the point I turned them off like I sometimes do. Story a bit bland, but OK. Different levels to play and I play casual so that is what this review is based on.

I would normally recommend this as a 3+ out of 5 but the ending was so disappointing and abrupt and "open" that I would not recommend if you are expecting closure here.

Go to: