efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

Cases with question mark attached to them

[Post New]by efi24 on May 31, 14 5:18 AM
Hi there. Was told I can get those now and I do but I'm not sure I understand what it means. I'm talking about major cases with a red question mark attached to their file. Anyone knows what's that about? Thanks.

frosteen
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

Re:Cases with question mark attached to them

[Post New]by frosteen on May 31, 14 7:55 AM
I would love the answer to that as well. Hopefully, we will get a Tips and Tricks soon like in other game forums.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on May 31, 14 9:56 AM
frosteen wrote:I would love the answer to that as well. Hopefully, we will get a Tips and Tricks soon like in other game forums.

Ha, to be honest, I'm kinda working on that and already got a few good tips but there are a lot of tips and tricks to learn about this game and I still haven't figured out everything yet.
I think the question mark maybe indicates there's a tool to achieve in one of the rooms but I'm really not sure about it.
If I don't collect all clues needed for 3 stars I always waste my time in those rooms to look for candies and tools and fail on purpose. 'cause it doesn't cost any money to retry if you fail but it does if you want to achieve the third star after already winning 2 and you get no money for replaying it then. But sometimes I find everything and then I just really wanna finish and use the chance to get 3 stars, meaning I might lose some stuff.
But you know what? I'm really not sure about that question mark and even if that's the case, have no idea what it means if we find what it indicates.
So yes, I already got a few good tips for this game and I'm very much enjoying myself learning more as I go along, but someone more experienced is needed to answer this, indeed

Edited on 05/31/2014 at 9:56:46 AM PST

donald147
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by donald147 on May 31, 14 10:47 AM
The major cases with the question marks paperclipped to them have a bonus case hidden in them somewhere for you to find. Once you find it the case will show a green check mark but if you finish the case without finding it the question mark will change to a red X and you'll have to replay the case to find it. They are hidden in either the city map (which is why it's important to reveal all the locations and not leave any unidentified feet) or it'll be one of the objects somewhere in the building investigation. The bonus cases can then be accessed by scrolling you drawer from chapter 1 to the bonus drawer (click the right arrow next to the drawer label until you get there).

There's an extra bonus case that's a freebie on the part where you can pay real money for extra cash/candies. First item at the top offers the case for liking them on Facebook (which you really don't have to do, just go back to the game after clicking on the link).

If you're having trouble finding them, just post a question. One of the other posts here already has clues to finding the bonus in the "Vinyl" case.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jun 1, 14 4:39 AM
Thanks again Donald for your help. I just got a green V for finding "a box" so now I get what's that all about and I got some cases to replay now.
There's a good reason to fail cases on purpose so we can search all items without spending coins or candies. It's just a bit of a bummer when I manage to get all clues in the match-3 mini game but I guess less of a bummer than having to pay for replaying a case and getting no cash back.
So nice to learn about this case file. I actually liked it on FB the first day of playing but didn't realize that apart for giving me a nice reward of 10 free candies it also opened a special case drawer. This game is just full of surprises! So much still to learn about it...

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jun 1, 14 4:48 AM
Oh, what can also really come in handy for this are the skills - there's a skill called "eye for details" which show a box icon for every room with something to find so we don't have to check rooms with no icons and it spares us some time. Skills are actually very helpful and can make a big difference, especially when upgraded, but it costs quite a few candies to upgrade.
I really wish they didn't offer all the great offers for candy purchases on my first day of playing when I was totally clueless about the game and if I like it enough to want to continue. Now that I do, now they should offer me some of those great offers.

[Post New]by denise4596 on Jun 19, 14 4:59 PM
in the tedious testement I have a green check mark but the bonus game is still not unlocked I HAVE PLAYED THIS GAME AT LEAST 10 TIMES I AND STILL NO BONUS WHAT AM I DOING WRONG

donald147
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by donald147 on Jun 22, 14 1:18 AM
Denise, what cases are listed in your bonus drawer?

[Post New]by denise4596 on Jul 4, 14 4:08 PM
FRIENDLY FACES
BARBERS BRIEFCASE
VENGEFUL VAMPIRE

AM I MISSING ONE?

Edited on 07/04/2014 at 4:23:49 PM PST

donald147
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by donald147 on Jul 5, 14 12:51 PM
Looks like you missed one of the cases in chapter 1. Here's the list:

Friendly Faces - found where you buy more candies
Rogue Recording - Valued Vinyl (crime scene)
Barber's Briefcase - Disappearing Daughter (city search)
Vengeful Vampire - Tedious Testament (crime scene)
Prohibited Pinatas - Jittery Judge (crime scene)
Fishy Fraud - Suspicious Strike (crime scene)
Dramatic Dining - Murdering the Mayor (city search)

Hopefully there will be more once the company finishes chapter 5.

Go to: