Edited on 06/01/2014 at 8:21:40 AM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Phenomenon: Outcome here

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jun 1, 14 8:21 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Phenomenon: Outcome here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Phenomenon: Outcome .
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by scaredfish on Jun 3, 14 7:55 PM
I am so stuck on the door by the crystels I can not find the code please help

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Jun 4, 14 8:11 PM
BASED ON DEMO ONLY

Thought I would post a review here for the sale today. I have the 2 previous Phenomenon games which I did not delete from my game manager, so that must say something about them. It's been quite a while since I've played them, so demoing the Outcome in the series was a challenge.

If you want more detailed reviews, please check the CE page, a link is provided in the menu items of this game. There were as many favorable reviews for the CE as there were unfavorable ones. One thing I did learn by reading the CE reviews is that this game is not CE material. There is a bonus chapter, but totally unnecessary to provide a complete ending to the SE. Most felt it should not have even been offered as a CE, and some said they would wait for the SE to come out.

The basics: As far as the graphics and voiceovers are concerned, I thought they were perfectly fine. Clean and crisp graphics with music that was soothing, rather than agitating. This is truly an adventure game. There are a few HOS scenes that are done in a unique manner, as they were done in the previous games. A lot of mini-puzzles that did peek your interest as they were so different than any I have come across - and I am not good at puzzles, but had no problem with any of these. There is a map, journal, and a directional hint.

As soon as I got into the demo, the scenes were very familiar to me. The castle, the ocean, the gardens, etc. And I began to remember why I liked the other 2 games in this series. The story was intriguing, and you really felt you were on an adventure. This game, in the hour I played, seemed to be very lacking in the story part. You do not, however, need to have played the other games in the series to play this one.

The mechanics of this game are great! (Love adventure games). It has been said on the CE reviews that the story becomes more evident further into the game. I look forward to that. But for now, there is a lot of running around, finding objects that fit into other objects so you get a new object that belongs somewhere else! Your inventory fills up quickly. But you don't have to have a photographic memory to remember where the object you just found belongs, plus there is the help of the jump map. And although this is a sci-fi game, you start out on a beach and progress to an "English" castle with stone artifacts and statues all around. You get to interact with people along your journey, and they help point you in the right direction.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jun 5, 14 5:03 PM
The end....Well, I just guess that was it! Long drawn out game, at least it seemed that way with not just one HOS at a time but two! Each HOS scene was divided by a button that changed it from one scene to another so you had two lists to find....not good.

Mini puzzles were OK, but strange. Voice overs, very annoying. What happened to all of the characters? What a confusing story. I aasume by the title it must have been a sequal to another game and if played this one may have made more sense.

Transporter map was OK, but once you got there you had better know what to do. Hint and skip refreshed fairly quickly which moves the game along. Never used the journal although, as usual it was available.

Anyway, this was no "take my breath away" game. Ending fairly abrupt and out of the blue. I give it about a 2+ out of 5...ho hum.

Edited on 06/05/2014 at 5:04:37 PM PST

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jun 7, 14 7:57 PM
This game is WAY beyond cool! I love the graphics, the music is soothing, the puzzles are different and the HOS are challenging and unique. I'm going to play this one slowly to make it last. All cool, all good.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jun 11, 14 6:31 PM
Sigh. Another mediocre game.

possumb
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by possumb on Jun 28, 14 3:58 PM
After I received the Outcome I had to play the previous games again. And what a challenging game. HOS are not easy - and that is great - you really have to try and discover. I loved the concept and having now played all 3 games I still cant understand why other game producers cannot find the charm these 3 games present. Love them all - could play another 3 if they were available. Thanks for Puzzle Lab for excellent gaming experience.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jul 23, 14 4:56 PM
very enjoyable game. nice graphics not too many cut scenes and the soundtrack is not too intrusive

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Aug 24, 14 4:32 PM
Middle-school-level hidden object adventure game that I bought by mistake thinking I was buying a different game I had demoed. No intricate puzzles, just put object A into slot A and/or object B into slot B et voila! the box/door/insert object here opens/works magically. Graphics and music were very nice. The hidden object scenes are mildly different, but we've seen the "dual element" switching scenes before. Objects are pretty much hidden near where you use them, and every single object in your inventory is labeled so that you can't get the wrong key or lever or switch or gear. "Jewel box key" and "helmet latch" and "castle key". Bah.
Voice actors' voices are nice, with decent acting ability, but here again is my gripe as a practiced lip-reader where the lips and repeated nonsensical facial twitches/tics bothered me so much I'd rather have just had static faces with text under (or the faces and text with voiceover but skip the third-grade animations, please--your heroine obviously had somewhere around 8 faces you just strung together in random order each time she talked to someone and her eyebrows crawling across the top of her face creeped me out).
Plus I had to start over with a new profile because of a glitch where my neutralizer charging stations didn't work. Ending was the usual "object A into slot A, object B into slot B" and BOOM!! done. No explanation of anything. If you're not going to wrap up all those loose ends you unnecessarily brought up in the plot of the game, then just keep shut about them and don't leave us hanging.
All in all, I thought this game was poorly plotted and miles too easy. I kept going to find out what happened to the characters in the end, but wasn't even given that as satisfaction for having played through this mess.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Nov 13, 14 9:27 PM
I could have used a walkthrough as had you use the hint button several times. Did enjoy the HOG as they were different.

[Post New]by corebore on Nov 29, 14 5:12 PM
DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!!!!!! You will get a long way through it but when you get to the research station you cant recharge your neutralizer!!!!! Thus you cant finish the game.

Go to: