Please post your TECH ISSUES for Magic Bookshop: Mahjong here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jun 2, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 06/02/2014 at 9:59:22 AM PST

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Magic Bookshop: Mahjong here

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 2, 14 3:21 AM
Is anyone else having issues with the elixir mini-games? I can't get one to work at all - it just freezes there, and the other sorta works but in no way I can understand...

don't know if we're dealing with tech issues or dumb player issues

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 2, 14 3:26 AM
forget I asked - it's dumb player issues!

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Jun 2, 14 9:59 AM
G'day,

Thanks for getting this started for us pondprowler

For extra visibility I'll still post our one with the links and colours

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgMurrumbidgee

Edited on 06/02/2014 at 9:59:40 AM PST

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

Tech Issues :: Magic Bookshop: Mahjong : Glitched?

[Post New]by katbear50 on Jun 2, 14 7:25 PM
Magic Bookshop: Mahjong : Glitched?
I have downloaded the Trial version of
"Magic Bookshop: Mahjong",
is it somehow Glitched?
Have restarted PC & Game 3/4 times now,
yet each time it's flashing with things from my Desktop...
and acting strange.
Won't even let me 'sign in' as a player.
Anyone else having similar probs???
Sure glad, for once, I decided to 'test drive' b/4 purchasing.
Sign me:
a very disappointed kitty
=^,,^=

[Post New]by godsfollower4u on Jun 3, 14 1:21 PM
I'm having the same issue. I've tried twice with the ctrl/alt/delete. Still no dice.
HELP!!!!!

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Jun 3, 14 1:27 PM
I too can not get it to work. Big Fish need to make sure these games work

Tech Issues :: Magic Bookshop: Mahjong : Glitched?

[Post New]by wendywoofit on Jun 6, 14 3:57 AM
katbear50 wrote:Magic Bookshop: Mahjong : Glitched?
I have downloaded the Trial version of
"Magic Bookshop: Mahjong",
is it somehow Glitched?
Have restarted PC & Game 3/4 times now,
yet each time it's flashing with things from my Desktop...
and acting strange.
Won't even let me 'sign in' as a player.
Anyone else having similar probs???
Sure glad, for once, I decided to 'test drive' b/4 purchasing.
Sign me:
a very disappointed kitty
=^,,^=

[Post New]by wendywoofit on Jun 6, 14 4:03 AM
yes I'm also having same issues. tried un-stalling / re-installing but no joy got to level 12/13 when problems started have removed it now . ( bought the game too )

katinhat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by katinhat on Jun 21, 14 11:00 AM
I am on the higher level and It stops working. I cannot get out of the game. I have to shut off my computer to do it. it is driving me crazy,

judithannegg
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by judithannegg on Jun 24, 14 3:19 PM
After weeks working on this game, which I do LOVE, I got to Level 30. Then I had issues. I can only do up to four moves then the game freezes. No problems before this. I play other BF games with much more advanced graphics, so it is not graphic issue. I have tried this level probably 100 times and have now given up. Frustrated because it can't be my computer if I have been playing this for weeks and am able to play the most recent BF games with no problem. I really can do 2 to 4 moves on this level and it freezes up. I love timed Mahjong so was soooo looking forward to finish this game!

[Post New]by Extremalex on Jun 25, 14 4:06 AM
Hi! Thanks for the comment, I want to try to help you
Can you describe in more detail what it means to "freezes"? The game does not respond to any clicking and you can't even go to the menu? Or something else? What happens if you start the level and do nothing for a while?
For the first time I can advise you to change fullscreen / windowed mode. And to change the cursor type. Maybe it will help to avoid freezing.

[Post New]by forkie19 on Jun 28, 14 4:31 AM
my game also freezes also have to shut down computer to get out of game

[Post New]by Suzie952 on Jun 29, 14 6:18 PM
I just purchased the game yesterday. When I tried to open it a screen came on and said "your current screen resolution is unsupported. Please play on a resolution of 1024x768 or higher. EXIT". My default resolution is 1920x1080. It shouldn't need higher than that. I tried lowering the resolution and that doesn't work either. Not sure where to go from here. I have notified support but don't know how long it takes to hear back from them. Meanwhile, I have 2 games I've just purchased and can't get either one to work . . . hmmmmmm

elboranch
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by elboranch on Jul 3, 14 2:44 PM
Love the game however, I got to level 21 of the game and try as I might I cant get any further ! Cant seem to serve enough people ! So decided to go to free play to clear my head ! Got to level 45 and have cleared all books with time to spare but keeps saying still books on board ????? I have tried and tried, sometime I do run out of time sometime I cant clear them because of placement, but sometimes I clear them all with the Gold ones for the last with time left on clock click Gold ones and still says there are books left ???? Anyone else have this problem ??????
Will go back to play game and try again in free play later !

Go to: