Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

Cannot use PCC to buy the game

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Jun 2, 14 4:42 AM
PLEASE IGNORE! Turned out to be User Error.

Customer Service was very helpful. Apparently, I'd already used the PCC. I can only guess that I must have printed out two copies of the same code.

------------------------------------

Apologies for this posting not being game specific, but I wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing the issue I am. I'm also hoping a moderator might see this posting and perhaps help.

I tried to use a PCC to get this game (and the free Monday punch), but I get a message to 'Try Again Later'. The PCC has an expiration date of June 6, so it is not expired. I have written to Customer Service, but a response could take 24hrs. I'll then miss getting the free punch.

Tried using Chrome and Internet Explorer. Same issue, so this is not due to the browser.

Any suggestions from the Pond are welcome!

Jorie

Edited on 06/04/2014 at 4:51:00 AM PST

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

Re:Cannot use PCC to buy the game

[Post New]by Radgame on Jun 2, 14 9:44 AM
@Jorie10,
Applying a PCC worked for this game, both via the site (Win 7 + Firefox) and the Game Manager. Note: I didn't buy it, just tried to see if it works both ways after I read your post.

Hope this helps [as I'm not a techie! ]:
A techie once told me when too many tabs of the same site are open or if you attempt to enter any codes/passwords too many times (because it's not working), it can generate error messages, etc. Clearing the browser's cache completely + closing down all tabs + start again was what he advised and it usually works.

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Jun 2, 14 3:46 PM
Thanks so much for testing this, Radgame. Very nice of you!

I just tried clearing my browser history and restarting the browser. I am still getting the same error.

So odd that this is happening. No response yet from Customer Service.

Edited on 06/02/2014 at 3:47:36 PM PST

Fifiluna614
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Fifiluna614 on Jun 4, 14 7:13 PM
Sometimes I get that message if I try buying through the game manager. Have you tried buying it through the game site?

Go to: