Cala4Lily
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

Achievement: 1700 Happiness w/o Statues

[Post New]by Cala4Lily on Jun 3, 14 4:36 PM
Anyone have any suggestions on which level/how to get this one? Any help is appreciated!

tyler2
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Achievement: 1700 Happiness w/o Statues

[Post New]by tyler2 on Jun 4, 14 1:13 AM
I usually get it on level 55. Depending on my mood I build either 5 chalets (upgraded with gardens) and 6 dovecotes or 7 cottages (upgraded with gardens) and 4 dovecotes.

I find the cottages variation easier, but it does take a little longer.

Good luck!

Edited on 06/04/2014 at 1:17:43 AM PST

Cala4Lily
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Cala4Lily on Jun 4, 14 4:43 PM
Thanks very much, worked like a charm. I have all the achievements now, yay!

zara137
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by zara137 on Jul 11, 14 4:47 PM
I believe it is "without decorations".
How can you do it on level 55 when that level requires fountains?
Level 57 has enough lots to build as you said you did but it only requires 1100 happiness so it stops when you get there. So far I haven't seen any levels to do this on but I have not finished the game yet either. I'm in the 90s.

Edited on 07/11/2014 at 5:14:02 PM PST

[Post New]by ljaumillot on Jul 12, 14 12:02 PM
Go ahead and complete level 55 with decorations to get your three gold stars. Then go back and do level 55 again, only this time with no decorations. I did it with 6 cabins with gardens and five dovecotes.

zara137
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by zara137 on Jul 12, 14 7:47 PM
How can you complete the level a second time without fulfilling all the requirements?
Level 57 is the only level with enough lots to do what you suggest. I'm confused.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 13, 14 4:58 AM
zara137 wrote:How can you complete the level a second time without fulfilling all the requirements?
Level 57 is the only level with enough lots to do what you suggest. I'm confused.

As long as you are playing in relaxed mode, the time won't run out. You can therefore do pretty much anything you like! I just tried level 55; built 6 cabins with gardens, about 5 or 6 dovecotes (built a sawmill and market for food/wood for dovecotes, then demolished sawmill/market to make room for dovecotes!). The '1700 happiness without decorations' award popped up; then I demolished all the dovecotes, rebuilt the sawmill/market and put cabins with gardens on any empty spaces. Got the food/wood for the fountains and the level completed.

Needless to say by the time I'd done all that the time had long expired but as I'd already completed the level previously with 3 stars, it didn't matter. It still showed that I'd got 3 stars but now in the achievements I have the 1700 happiness award

zara137
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by zara137 on Jul 13, 14 5:55 PM
to angelfish106: Finally understood and did it - thanks.
what level is best for getting wood and food achievements?

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 15, 14 1:26 AM
zara137 wrote:to angelfish106: Finally understood and did it - thanks.
what level is best for getting wood and food achievements?

You're welcome Zara, glad it worked!

As to your question, that's an answer I'd like to hear! There is a level where you have to get 6000 food and I think there's a farm, so that's probably the most likely candidate for the food achievement. But I really don't know where you can get the wood achievement.

Try reading through the strategy guide; it's in 'extras' on the main menu. I do that to find levels that will give me what I'm missing in the achievements (like beehives, flowerbeds etc). I'm still working through getting all the floating platforms but if I find the level for getting the wood achievement, I'll post it here

tyler2
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by tyler2 on Jul 15, 14 7:25 AM
Level 46 works for both the Food and Material Hoarder achievements. Build 6 chalets, a bank and then either a sawmill or a market. Just keep collecting money and running wood (or buying food) until you have the achievement. It is easier in the regular mode, but you can usually manage it in expert as well. Good luck!

redsapple
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by redsapple on Jul 25, 14 8:58 PM
Once you have your three gold stars you can go back and play any level as many times as you'd like without losing stars or achievements. Your highest score is kept forever. I learned that with the thieves, which I still can't catch all of. Though I keep trying the most I've caught is 30, which is registered under achievements. The last time I played I know I missed more than 6, but I still have credit for my high score.

Specific to your dilemma, level 53. You already have a bank, market and sawmill. Demolish extra banks. Build 6 upgraded cottages w/gardens and 5 dovecotes. Only 2 obstacles are pirate and elephant. Once you drain the marsh and have plenty of cash, start demolition of buildings, starting with the bank. Make sure you have enough food and wood to build 2 more of either cottages or dovecotes, whichever you leave for last.

Play in relaxed mode so you can play past the timer if needed. Once the flag pops out that you have met the achievement, exit the level. You'll see that you still have your 3 stars.

Hope this helps.

Go to: