Broken Statue

memagirl
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

Broken Statue

[Post New]by memagirl on Jun 4, 14 8:19 AM
Please fix broken statue no iten list on it. tryed it three times .

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Broken Statue

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jun 5, 14 5:51 PM
I was convinced that Pete (the Pirate) must either have Alzheimer's or be on strike a couple of days ago. I must have had the Pirate Ship come up with no list five or six times in the course of a day. I was beginning to wonder if Peter misses his crab on his shoulder since his "transformation". lol

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jun 5, 14 6:14 PM
Thistle,
You know that crabs eat carrion, right? That's why it's gone, nothing dead around !

memagirl
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by memagirl on Jun 5, 14 9:53 PM
Well it looks like Alzheimer's is spreading. the tent ho is doing it now. The good thing about it is I alway's get the flower's first then open hos when i have to restart the game i always get 3 more flowers. That has helped me regoup some of the coins that i used to get to level 27.

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Jun 7, 14 11:28 AM
This is driving me crazy...every time and I mean every time I go to the Broken Statue there is no list...sometimes after ctrl,alt,delete numerous times still no list. It is pretty much beyond ridiculous! I have it happen in other areas from time to time, but typically the list will always be there after shutting the game down and coming back to it. Guess until there is another update I will avoid the Broken Statue as it is indeed broken.

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Jun 7, 14 12:01 PM
Bedazzles wrote:This is driving me crazy...every time and I mean every time I go to the Broken Statue there is no list...sometimes after ctrl,alt,delete numerous times still no list. It is pretty much beyond ridiculous! I have it happen in other areas from time to time, but typically the list will always be there after shutting the game down and coming back to it. Guess until there is another update I will avoid the Broken Statue as it is indeed broken.

You and me alike Bedazzles, every single time I go to the Broken Statue, it's put me off doing the HOS as I have to close the game down at least three times before a list comes up.
I got a shock this morning, I clicked on it and it took me straight into the HOS with no problems, I presumed the update had fixed the problem but no such luck, it was obviously a mere fluke grrrrrr, so don't despair, you're certainly not alone.

I used to always get the same problem on the pirates ship (whispering) it seems to have rectified itseld itself and transferred to the Broken Statue (Don't tell Pirate Pete) that man really loves to make my life a misery by asking the almost impossible

memagirl
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by memagirl on Jun 12, 14 9:43 PM
broken statue still broken. it worked part of the day now it wont give list tryed 5 times. then reported it again .

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jun 13, 14 9:53 AM
guppies, it's funny you should say you first had problems at the pirate ship and now at the chapel. ME TOO! Every single solitary time I went to the pirate ship, no list. Suddenly, that scene works, but the chapel doesn't. I have to close the game 5, 6 or more times to finally get the list to pop up. Glad it's not just me, I was a getting a complex.

Edited on 06/13/2014 at 12:56:21 PM PST

memagirl
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by memagirl on Jun 13, 14 12:09 PM
whitebutterfly,and guppies, I have gotten to the point that i try 2 time if it doesm't work i skip it . wish they would fix it. surly we are not the only ones with this problem?

[Post New]by breadbakingmum on Jun 13, 14 12:21 PM
Hi Folks

No you are not the only ones having this problem. I also had this issue at the Pirate Ship quite frequently before the last update to fix technical glitches. So far that HOS has been much better but today for the first time I also had no list at the Chapel door HOS. So far I have been lucky that the list has always been there the first time I re-open the scene and I have not had to do it more than once but I can imagine how frustrating it must be to still have no list after going through that.

Kindest regards to all

Bee zz

Ms_Tully
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Ms_Tully on Jun 13, 14 1:04 PM
I am an iOS player so I am not sure if this trick will work for PC players, but I find if the fairy/angel statue in the lower right has her head in her hands you get a blank HOS for the broken statue. If she is looking up, the HOS works.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jun 14, 14 8:13 AM
Ms Tully,
I checked this out the last few times I was there, and it didn't make a difference for me on PC. I think it's one of those pesky intermittent problems that just happen when they feel like happening. Thanks for the suggestion though.

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Jun 14, 14 8:43 AM
You do not get a HOS list because you are impatient. That list has to be loaded into your computer from the server. Find a flower before you click on the statue. That little bit of time is usually long enough to allow the server to load the list.

If you jumped in too quickly, and there is no list, you will have to reboot the game.
After the reboot, do not go directly back into the HOS site, the server assumes you already have the list. Instead go back one screen (or somewhere else) and then come back, pick a flower and everything should be OK.

With more and more people playing the game, server response times have gotten slower - and it also depends on the speed of your service provider.

Ms_Tully
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Ms_Tully on Jun 14, 14 8:52 AM
rosiebvt wrote:Ms Tully,
I checked this out the last few times I was there, and it didn't make a difference for me on PC. I think it's one of those pesky intermittent problems that just happen when they feel like happening. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Ah, well. Sorry PC players. At least there is a work around for this problem for iOS players.

winterwine
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by winterwine on Jun 14, 14 9:02 AM
I have the same issues with the broken statue. And contrary to opinion of entering hos too quickly, I have taken my time before entering and it has made NO difference. I am saying this in a whisper, but it has worked with only a glitch or two in the last few days. However, I am holding my breath every time I enter that hos.
I also had this problem with Pete but it has worked itself out with only a very rare glitch. Whatever causes it, hopefully it will be worked out with the next update, because when it happens it is shut down computer and I don't like doing that at all.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jun 14, 14 9:11 AM
Winterwine,
If the game crashes or stops responding, you don't need to shut down your computer, assuming you're on PC. For Win 7 and later you can hit alt-F4 and it should close the program immediately Or, you can hit the windows key on your keyboard, and when it brings up your desktop right click on the MC tab in your taskbar to select close and it usually will close the game. When that doesn't work for people, you can do ctl-alt-del, start task manager and close the game from there. If the game is actually shutting down your computer, that's more of a problem than we've seen before so post that in the Tech Issues thread so they can help you with it. Good luck.

Edited on 06/14/2014 at 9:12:18 AM PST

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Jun 14, 14 9:45 AM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:guppies, it's funny you should say you first had problems at the pirate ship and now at the chapel. ME TOO! Every single solitary time I went to the pirate ship, no list. Suddenly, that scene works, but the chapel doesn't. I have to close the game 5, 6 or more times to finally get the list to pop up. Glad it's not just me, I was a getting a complex.

Lol,my pirate ship works now not a had a single problem with it, it's just transferred to the chapel, and yes I have to close the game 5/6 times sometimes more to get a list, so it's not just you, I guess we could both do with a system change.

kahlan11
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
466 Posts

[Post New]by kahlan11 on Jun 14, 14 2:12 PM
I have had the same problem at statue many times (it seems to be happening a lot this week!) and I went inside the chapel, worked the HOs and then back out and so far working fine. I have also had to cntl. alt. delete and by third time the scene will come back. Let's hope the next update will fix that, although.......

Edited on 06/14/2014 at 2:15:14 PM PST

McCoy3
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by McCoy3 on Jun 16, 14 9:25 AM
Patience doesn't work either. I'm a diligent flower picker, so I don't open a scene without looking for flowers. I'm hit or miss with getting a list at this spot. It started really acting up on Friday, June 13....

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jun 16, 14 9:37 AM
I really think I've tried every conceivable combination to get the HO list to pop up (1)waited a few seconds after walking into scene (2) click on flowers (3) didn't click on flowers (4) did the HO grave scene first (5) backed out a scene then back in again (6) went back to the castle, then back to town again (7) went into the chapel, then back out again went into the chapel, finished the HO scenes then back out again (9) clicked on the chapel when the statue's head is down (10) clicked on the chapel when the statue's head is up. The result is always the same...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

The only thing left is the old bow figurine trick, nail the chair to the ceiling and hang upside down and click with my toes. Maybe that will be the right combination.

Edit: I have no idea why the music symbol shows up for No. 8..it shows up right on my typing but on the preview the symbol shows up. Oh God, another gremlin in the works.

Edited on 06/16/2014 at 12:19:09 PM PST

Go to: