Reviews for Agency 33

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Reviews for Agency 33

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jun 4, 14 3:48 PM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Agency 33 here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Agency 33.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

Edited on 06/04/2014 at 3:48:42 PM PST

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

Re:Reviews for Agency 33

[Post New]by VTCT on Jun 17, 14 1:23 PM
Another game you play in order to get ahead in the game. I have only & that's enough for me. Sick of having to buy things with the credit card because it doesn't come with the game.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jun 17, 14 2:17 PM
I agree with you, VTCT. I don't see the point in these games. I tried playing one of them and found it thoroughly confusing. I'll stick to the games that I know and love-those that were here long before these "free-to-play" games came out.

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Not my cup of tea.

[Post New]by pgillenw on Jun 17, 14 2:58 PM
I did not like this game from the get go. I suspect the development team put a lot of time and money into the production. I am appreciative of BF attempts to bring us a free game but I must admit I do question their motivations with regard to this particular game.

Some folks may like the game I think many will not.

[Post New]by endker on Jun 18, 14 4:09 PM
The story line itself seems to be okay. I wouldn't know to much about it because I only get to play for 30 seconds, then have to wait two hours for so guy to create some kind of artifact or pay to keep playing. I just don't see any reason to end up spending 100s of dollars on a free game when I can buy 10 other games just like it for 10 dollars or less each. Good try...better luck next time.

Calicohorse
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Calicohorse on Jun 20, 14 7:58 AM
It is a very good looking game and a fun one...when you get to play. Too looooooong for creation time. And more importantly, an expensive one. I've already spent $30. The extras like doubling the whatevers for HOP play are useless because you never have enough energy to play HOPs for more than 5 minutes so the additional time (20 to 90 minutes) are wasted. The developers should let people have more "success" early on, so we "buy in" before making us "buy in". It's a cash grab, which is unfortunate, because it is quite a good game. I feel like I've wasted $30, that's for sure.

just4meme
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by just4meme on Jun 26, 14 5:21 PM
Like the game! The scenes are beautiful. Don't like the amount of time creating things just to move on in the game. Does not move fast enough. Try to fill in time by playing HOP's, but deplete all my energy before I'm really ready to stop playing. Disappointing. Do like the game as long as time allows!

Lioula
Clownfish
Clownfish
686 Posts

[Post New]by Lioula on Jul 2, 14 8:23 AM
Hi all.

I started playing the game a couple of weeks ago - while waiting for the Midnight Castle update.
I thought it contained too much information.
Slowly I got a bit used to it but there are some issues (i.e energy, anomaly traps, too much crafting time etc) that need more practice.

I am playing it again now while I am waiting for the next Midnight Castle update.

Lia

moxiemoll
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by moxiemoll on Jul 9, 14 3:52 PM
I have only purchased once, for $6.99, otherwise, I am at Level 21 and have earned my way... I am truly fascinated with this game. It is incredibly hard to play, since it takes a lot of energy just to continue to get items, and progress. So I play at least twice a day and love the way you have to get through the game. You create shards or anomolies to get items in the rifts, and those are used to banish creatures called floaters, there are several, such as a Treant, Trickster, Faun, etc. Each HOS that you complete gives you a unique item that is used to create food items for energy, they have different stars, or levels, and it takes a level 1 to make an anomoly. The game is interesting, tons of fun, takes lots of patience. Many of the items are misnamed, but it is not an issue, since using the hint will let you know what you're looking for. There are numerous tasks to complete, sometimes it will take a long while to earn, or create the items you need to move on. This game is complicated, and so worthwhile to play.

[Post New]by judyjude on Jul 16, 14 7:17 PM
I actually really like this game! It is challenging I am already up to level 16. Once you figure out how to get time increments, which I have not paid for, you can speed up the process of making things fairly quickly. I admit that it is confusing at first but I thoroughly enjoy this game. Since I play other FTP games I just switch to them if I have to wait for something to be created. I just created Carrons boat with should have taken 13+ hours to make. I played 2 challenges on several HOP's and got enough 60 min increments and used a cut create time by 50% and it only took 10 mins, to create. You do have to explore a lot to find out what you have. It's kind of clumsy but that's how I discovered these things. I have bought a few diamonds but I figured out how to earn them so I shouldn't have to do this again unless I get to impatient. I really enjoy the FTP games because they are always new. I hope more people give this a chance.

[Post New]by travelang3l on Jul 17, 14 12:55 PM
This is my first free to play game. I didn't like the fact that everything took so long, however as time has gone on, I've started to appreciate the fact I can play a little bit at a time. It was annoying that the energy took so long to replenish, but now since the update it has got even better and I'll happily buy some orbs as I feel I'm finally getting somewhere.
I'm at level 21 and hope that they add more to it soon so I don't have to stop at level 29.

The only thing I would change would be being able to buy more with 2 star items. I've got loads... Maybe buying more lutes with them?

Edited on 07/17/2014 at 12:57:03 PM PST

[Post New]by Rebelvee66 on Jul 19, 14 5:02 AM
Agency33 should be renamed Sucker Trap. All it does it allow you just enough room to get trapped into Buying things. It is not a free game if you really want to play it, I feel that even after pulling out a card and buying we will probably wish we hadn't, so I' am OUT!

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Jul 22, 14 3:24 PM
I love this game but unfortunately, I am unable to play very much as on budget due to disability and cannot afford. The hogs are beautiful and I love just playing those but cannot keep enough energy to play more than a couple rounds every two to three hours (by using the charms). I did purchase the package for 24.99 (think amount is correct) and felt the amount of orbs and resources was good but unfortunately, I am one of those who plays all day and this was used up on first day. I hope they find some means for those of us who which to be able to play the hog scenes more. I am in no hurry to progress in the levels as am enjoying the hog scenes and other parts of game, if only for couple times per day. Please try and consider a way for us to be able to enjoy the game. Do not misunderstand, if I were still able to make a living by working, am sure would be purchasing much more but even so, it still seems a little steep in these economic times for anyone. Thank you.

Ju_bb
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Ju_bb on Jul 23, 14 10:01 PM
I really love this game and was thinking to put some money in to support it. Luckily I didn't do because after you reformat your hard drive. You will lost all of your game level and stuff in there.
I have already asked how to save the game progress. I follow the instruction and put it back after I reformat my laptop. I have a sec feel so excited when I open the game all of my level and stock are there but then I noticed that the timer won't work. My energy won't refill. How can I play without my energy refill?
I will never spend money until our progress can save in server not my laptop.

LadyWyntre
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by LadyWyntre on Jul 29, 14 6:20 AM
I am level 10 and haven't spent any real $$ (and don't plan to).

It is absolutely *not* necessary to purchase anything with real $$ in this game, but if you choose not to, then there will be some long wait times between plays as well as some mildly frustrating random attempts at creating. If I am reading the game correctly, there is *never* a block to progress that requires $$, although some progress will be slow.

For me, this is actually a boon: it allows me to work on my dissertation with short spikes of fun activity without getting completely sucked into a game and blowing hours at a time. I highly recommend this style of play. Do a chore or some work, play a round. Do more work, play another round.

The game itself is intriguing and interesting with enough variety to keep me pleased. I appreciate paranormal plots, and this qualifies. It's definitely reminiscent of some of the better Facebook/social media games like Gardens of Time. While I'm not attached to any of the characters yet, I don't hate them, either.

Ju bb's point is well taken, however. Those who have hard drive issues may want to skip it until the save games are server-based.

jforever
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by jforever on Jul 29, 14 1:22 PM
Just started, but after playing for awhile, can't wait to get back to it! Just dropped in to say this seems to be a great game. Thanks for creating a new and exciting free2play! Getting tired of some of them and this one is a fresh breath of air!!

montall
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by montall on Jul 29, 14 9:34 PM
I enjoy this game and have made it to level 23 but am getting more and more frustrated with not getting the things I need from the hops.

I can live with the time it takes to recharge the energy by playing a little bit more often and can just about live with never getting the relic pieces I need from the rifts. I can even live with the time it takes to create things but it annoys the crap out of me when I play a hop over and over again and that little bar with the items in it runs across the top making you think that if you're quick enough you can click on the item you want and you will get it - NO - never happens. Well almost never. Even when I do click on the particular item I want (and that's a feat in itself) it gives me something entirely different most of the time, so why have that bar running across the top in the first place. If it's just random (like the rifts) then so be it but it feels like they're just teasing us by offering a choice when clearly there isn't one.

Ok, rant over. Great game otherwise.

jforever
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by jforever on Jul 31, 14 8:41 AM
Okay, so I'm back. Still enjoying the game, but recently won a Amulet of Infinite Fortitude from a HOS and went to use it, but it was not THERE! Where oh, where did it go???

jforever
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by jforever on Aug 1, 14 10:40 PM
Hello! Had 8 diamonds, leveled up to 16, now only showing 5! Was this game meant to played by real people or not??? Almost sounds like a scam...
Okay, so it's not a scam... I'm totally addicted now!! Can't wait for the next update.

Edited on 08/05/2014 at 11:02:13 PM PST

Desiree53
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Desiree53 on Aug 9, 14 6:39 PM
Okay.....yeah, it's addictive.....but i agree with others-- It's TOO expensive!You can't use coins for food and the costs of things like bridges is way too much. It's all so confusing and frustrating. I can't afford to fix the bridges at those prices and can't figure out how to fix the bridge. So, i'm stuck again, Never did find the key to the second mailbox..yet. I've already started spending. At these prices it'll outweigh the interest and become prohibitive and I'll be upset because I'll have to quit.
Buying and playing full games may prove better than these "free-to-play" games. That's too bad-- online gaming has really fun elements. *sigh*

Edited on 08/09/2014 at 6:46:17 PM PST

Go to: