Please post your TECH ISSUES for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Under the Crimson Moon Collector's Editio

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jun 5, 14 12:33 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 06/05/2014 at 8:23:14 AM PST

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Under the Crimson Moon Collector's Ed

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Jun 5, 14 1:18 AM
When I apply the salve and the bandage to Martha I am supposed to go back to the greenhouse but when I click on it, I get Martha again. This happened in the beta also. Hint button says go to greenhouse but it won't let me go there.

In the beta I tried a new profile and uninstall and reinstall but it happened both times and then again on the trial today.

Edited on 06/05/2014 at 1:19:38 AM PST

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Under the Crimson Moon Collector's Edi

[Post New]by deballan on Jun 5, 14 3:12 AM
Can anyone help please ? I have now downloaded this game twice and each time I cannot play because screen is soooo slow and fragmented/digitised and there a big white patches where there should be picture.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Under the Crimson Moon Collector's Edi

[Post New]by tookat on Jun 5, 14 3:16 AM
Hi deballan, welcome to the pond.

Find the instructions somewhere in the help files for running the game as the computer Admin.
That allows the game to determine what needs to be running in the computers background tasks while you are playing.

I think it is different whether you computer is running windows and how many bits....but it really isn't that hard to do.

peggyanne
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by peggyanne on Jun 5, 14 3:56 AM
Marty,you need to show Martha an item you already have.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jun 5, 14 4:04 AM
I been trying to download this game over 3 hours..it keeps doing it over and over..
I get frustrated when this happens..I am about to give up

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jun 5, 14 4:17 AM
finally the game installed for me..

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Jun 5, 14 5:45 AM
Thanks Peggyanne. Boy do I feel dumb!

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Jun 5, 14 8:22 AM
G'day,

Thanks for getting this started for us pondprowler
deballan the steps in the Game Crashing etc article may help with the slowness you've seen.

For extra visibility I'll still post our one with the links and colours

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing or Black Screen

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed
While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgMurrumbidgee

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Under the Crimson Moon Collector's Ed

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Jun 5, 14 9:20 AM
I keep getting Video card update needed and my video card IS UP TO DATE! Why does this happen on SOME games and NOT others?? Please help it is getting very frustrating!

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Under the Crimson Moon Collector's E

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on Jun 5, 14 9:37 AM
Yet again another game that crashes my computer. I have checked my video card, or whatever it's called and it's up to date. Now in order to play I have to start from the beginning AGAIN .
This is the fourth or fifth game, recently, that does this to my laptop. And I know it's not my computer, as the hard drive isn't even a year old.
Demo plays fine, purchase the game and it crashes. Funny how it's only my BF games that do this. Purchased the newest Nancy Drew game and it hasn't happened. Seriously thinking about canceling my membership, why keep wasting the money, and having to contact CS and things never get fixed.
Personally, I'm fed up

BTW: Sent CS a Dr. Felix report with the last game that crashed, I got a free game, no reason at all why it kept crashing. So pretty sure the fault is not on my end.

Edited on 06/05/2014 at 9:39:27 AM PST

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Jun 5, 14 10:57 AM
The game was running beautifully--and then it stalled in the greenhouse. After that, it changed scenes more slowly. When I got to the undertaker hanging in a tree, the sound turned gravelly as he began to talk and the music began skipping. The scene also froze for a minute or two when I was examining him for clues.

I wasn't running any other programs, just the game. My computer is Windows Vista; all my drivers are updated.

I'm disappointed. It's a good game, but I don't want to pay for something that's glitchy.

Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Qismet on Jun 5, 14 2:05 PM
My computer no longer works properly with ERS games. It will play the opening scenes and video fine but you cannot interface with the game properly. I have done all I know how to do...I am just giving up on ERS. I am running Windows 7.

myshania
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by myshania on Jun 5, 14 3:05 PM
Here we go again!!! It loads THEN JUST KEEPS KICKING ME OUT TO GAME PAGE THEN BACK IN THEN OUT AGAIN!! This is so annoying !! I mean is it a resolution problem or what???

[Post New]by aunteek816 on Jun 5, 14 6:02 PM
This is the second ERS game in a row that kicks me out to desktop. I want to buy both games but it seems ERS games are not compatible with my up to date laptop running windows 7. All other games run fine

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Jun 6, 14 3:20 PM
I am running windows 7 and all drivers are up-to-date. It seems lately ERS games don't want me to play. I got my name in game and clicked on casual play and it kicked me out to desktop again. I uninstalled and re-installed game and it did the same thing again. I hope someone gets with developers and can get a fix for this. I buy 2 CE's a week and it seems one week both will play just fine and in next week maybe one will work and not the other.

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on Jun 7, 14 1:20 AM
I got Trial Expired and I haven't even played it. I downloaded the demo and it was already expired!!!! What shall I do?

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Under the Crimson Moon Collector's E

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jun 7, 14 6:16 AM
BereniceP wrote:I got Trial Expired and I haven't even played it. I downloaded the demo and it was already expired!!!! What shall I do?

Berenice, uninstall, then download and install the trial again. That usually fixes a wrong trial-expired-message.

littlemom4
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by littlemom4 on Jun 7, 14 11:05 AM
Installed ok, hear audio but no picture.

[Post New]by gamefisherhooked on Jun 8, 14 4:32 AM
I'm with MrsSkippy!! This game crashed on me about 10 mins ago and now I have to start all over again with a new profile because the saved profile is 'corrupted'. Now, if I start again in a new profile, is the game still gonna crash on me in the same place?? Do I waste the time??? Do I have high hopes only for them to be dashed??? Do I wanna be frustrated again??? The rate this is going I'm not gonna have much hair left!

And like you MrsSkippy, this is about the 5th or 6th game I've recently not been able to finish because of problems. And NO it hasn't been my computer.....I've checked!!! I too am seriously thinking about going to another game website where I won't be wasting so much money on games that I can't finish!!

PLEASE BFG.....look after your little fishies...check the games out BEFORE you sell them. We've been loyal to you...please be loyal to us!!

Go to: