KitSeason
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

Can't use dynamite Graystone Pass

[Post New]by KitSeason on Jun 5, 14 9:25 AM
I have dynamite in my list of items, but it's grayed out and I can't get it to get past the boulder blocking Graystone Pass. Other items have also been grayed out preventing me from completing quests. Is there a trick I missed? I don't see this mentioned in any of the walkthroughs.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

Re:Can't use dynamite Graystone Pass

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jun 6, 14 6:43 AM
You can't open you inventory & use the Dynamite.

If you have Dynamite in your inventory, enter Graystone Pass then Face the Pile of Rocks & Left Click or Press Enter. Ian will ask Rye if there is anymore Dynamite then you can use it.

Grayed Out Items can't be used by opening the Items Tab. When you open the Items Tab, things like Armor & Weapons are Grayed Out because the can only be accessed from the Equip Tab. Other things like Scrolls can only be accessed during Battle by choosing Items on the right under Attack.

Skills are the same way. If your Party is just standing, you can open the Skills Tab & use Healing Spells but the Attack Spells will be Grayed Out because the can only be used from the Battle Menu.

Here is the explanation from the Aveyond 1 Walkthrough:

ITEMS
Enter the Items menu to see a list of items you have. Only usable items can be seen active. The dimmed items mean you have to either equip it or use it in battle. Press the select button (default is ENTER or SPACE BAR) to use an item.

HTH

Edited on 06/06/2014 at 8:39:32 AM PST

KitSeason
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by KitSeason on Jun 6, 14 10:45 AM
Thanks much. That answered a lot of questions. Now, onward to keep going with the game.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jun 6, 14 2:02 PM
Glad I could help.

Other Items that are grayed out are Quest Items like the Dynamite, letters, etc. The only thing that will trigger them is a specific action or talking to a specific person.

Weapons & Armor are grayed out in the Items but will show up Active when you try to Sell things to a Merchant so you can sell things that you have upgraded.

HTH

Edited on 06/06/2014 at 2:03:06 PM PST

Go to: