China day 49

[Post New]by pnbqueen on Mar 27, 09 6:59 AM
I am unable to get the icons to the middle or either drop down the grid. I've used power-ups but still losing all my lives and having to start China expedition over. Does anyone have the answer to day 49??

Linde36
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:China day 49

[Post New]by Linde36 on Mar 27, 09 10:24 PM
I'm also stuck on day 49 of China. I have tried over and over and just run out of time before I can get the pieces traded over to the right or left. I would also love to get a tip on how to get those pieces out of the middle "column of doom" ... please help! (thanks)

[Post New]by pnbqueen on Mar 30, 09 11:18 AM
I finally got past day 49 by using the power-ups to move the pieces from the bottom allowing the icons to fall. I tried to get matches of 4- 5 to speed up the process. GOOD LUCK

GmaGale
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by GmaGale on Apr 1, 09 8:29 PM
Linde36 wrote:I'm also stuck on day 49 of China. I have tried over and over and just run out of time before I can get the pieces traded over to the right or left. I would also love to get a tip on how to get those pieces out of the middle "column of doom" ... please help! (thanks)

Okay, the first thing you need to do is get the 4 pieces down from the column onto the "main" part of the board. Make some matches under the pieces, and they'll fall down. Now the fun begins:

Look to the right and left of the puzzle pieces (notice they are above the block on the bottom row, which is preventing them from falling out) - try to make 2 same-colors on one side of the piece(s), and the same color on the other side of the piece. Example: 2 red on left, puzzle piece, 1 red on right. You now have a "match three", and can move your puzzle piece off the block on the bottom row. Do this for all the pieces.

I generally use the Single Hammer - it's quick to power up, and will let me drop down that one piece I need for the match 3. Also, it's perfect for releasing a tile on the bottom row, so the puzzle piece falls off the board, which will help with the remaining pieces. Occasionally, I use the Bomb to clear the area. Very rarely do I use Tesla's hammer, and I never use the Fireball.

You will use this same method (2 same-color on one side, 1 same color on the other side) for other puzzles between now and the last day of the journey.

Good Luck!

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Aug 30, 10 5:21 PM
This level is very frustrating! I actually got through this one but then blew it on the next and had to start China all over again.

Got 5-6 levels into China again and now guess what? I've blown it on this level and restarting China all over again. I wish they allowed you more chances at free lives in this game.

I always seem to get within one piece still needing to be freed before the timer runs out. It takes me 3/4 of the level's time just getting them out of that center column.

[Post New]by KMFuller49 on Aug 20, 13 7:29 PM
Very frustrated with this level. Not enough time!!! Too hard to get over to the sides and then down before time is gone.

edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by edp1730 on Jul 28, 14 9:41 PM
"Look to the right and left of the puzzle pieces (notice they are above the block on the bottom row, which is preventing them from falling out) - try to make 2 same-colors on one side of the piece(s), and the same color on the other side of the piece. Example: 2 red on left, puzzle piece, 1 red on right. You now have a "match three", and can move your puzzle piece off the block on the bottom row. Do this for all the pieces.

I generally use the Single Hammer - it's quick to power up, and will let me drop down that one piece I need for the match 3. Also, it's perfect for releasing a tile on the bottom row, so the puzzle piece falls off the board, which will help with the remaining pieces. Occasionally, I use the Bomb to clear the area. Very rarely do I use Tesla's hammer, and I never use the Fireball.

You will use this same method (2 same-color on one side, 1 same color on the other side) for other puzzles between now and the last day of the journey. "
================================
Thank you - GmaGale!!!

This was AWESOME advice. It worked the FIRST time I tried it. I had the "2 on the left, 1 on the right part figured out", but I was trying to get the "1" by making matches. Every time I got the one I needed close to where it needed to be, two others of the same kind would show up beside it and RUIN the strategy. Using the hammer to drop the 1 piece down the final row was a LIFE saver (pun intended) LOL THANK YOU!

Edited on 07/28/2014 at 9:43:30 PM PST

Go to: