What's the oldest your peeps have had a baby at?

[Post New]by flameglimmer on Jun 5, 14 5:02 PM
Mine just had one at 47 (female) and 46 (male). I didn't think it would happen, considering they are already all grey, but it did! The 5 kids (ranging from 8 - 18) were all happy.

JaneDoe100
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

Re:What's the oldest your peeps have had a baby at?

[Post New]by JaneDoe100 on Jun 5, 14 6:12 PM
52! Amazing!

[Post New]by flameglimmer on Jun 6, 14 6:20 AM
That is impressive!

I haven't had much opportunity to experiment with late in life fertility as my peeps have mostly been incredibly fertile and had six kids well before 40, but it's good to know it's not impossible to have kids after their hair turns grey.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: What's the oldest your peeps have had a baby at?

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jun 6, 14 10:56 AM
I've had more than one gray-haired parent in their 40s.

However, I've seen what looked like a reliable report that said no mother over 50 had been recorded for these games. I hope Jane will let us know whether the 52yo was the father (unsurprising) or the mother (record-breaking).

JaneDoe100
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by JaneDoe100 on Jun 6, 14 4:36 PM
GeorgeTSLC wrote:I've had more than one gray-haired parent in their 40s.

However, I've seen what looked like a reliable report that said no mother over 50 had been recorded for these games. I hope Jane will let us know whether the 52yo was the father (unsurprising) or the mother (record-breaking).

Well... the father was 52, mother just turning 50. Yes; really odd. Don't ask why I actually tried to make them have a baby. But I [i] have [i] heard that a person in real life can have a child at 50. Rare, but possible.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jun 6, 14 5:01 PM
Wikipedia declares the average age of menopause is 51 in Western societies, which are obviously what this game is modeling. Meaning there are plenty of women who keep ovulating well past that.

The game is thus conservative. But since our "little" people rarely live even to 3-score-&-10 (70), that seems appropriate.

Edited on 06/06/2014 at 5:02:15 PM PST

JaneDoe100
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by JaneDoe100 on Jun 6, 14 8:51 PM
GeorgeTSLC wrote:Wikipedia declares the average age of menopause is 51 in Western societies, which are obviously what this game is modeling. Meaning there are plenty of women who keep ovulating well past that.

The game is thus conservative. But since our "little" people rarely live even to 3-score-&-10 (70), that seems appropriate.

Not to be odd but... AMEN! This game definitely isn't normal. I mean...
-It's impossible to live past 70-ish.
-All jobs are at home.
-No cell phones?
-They collect bugs. Couldn't that be illegal in real life, considering that collecting dead bugs could lead to diseases from them?

pedroog
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by pedroog on Jun 7, 14 4:25 AM
JaneDoe100, it doesn't seem like they have any consequences for "dirty" behavior. The kids play in the toilet and trash and don't get sick or feel the need to freshen up.

Wouldn't it be a little more interesting if there were negative results for things like jumping on the bed or throwing rocks? Maybe a broken arm or bed or window? Just a rare random event to break the monotony up a little.

JaneDoe100
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by JaneDoe100 on Jun 7, 14 7:39 PM
pedroog wrote:JaneDoe100, it doesn't seem like they have any consequences for "dirty" behavior. The kids play in the toilet and trash and don't get sick or feel the need to freshen up.

Wouldn't it be a little more interesting if there were negative results for things like jumping on the bed or throwing rocks? Maybe a broken arm or bed or window? Just a rare random event to break the monotony up a little.

Yeah, that would make more sense. There's a list of things that make this game much different. Apparently the kids don't have friends unless there's some at school, and there's no things like obesity, mental disorders, and certainly never a trip to the hospital. Not to mention every single child is born on the same bed as their parents, grandparents, and ancestors were unless you buy a new one. I don't believe in ghosts or haunted houses where someone died, but that's a bit creepy. The parents are born on a bed, they die on a bed, and their children are the same! And not one bed breaks, even after all those births and deaths and kids jump on them. I mean, couldn't it be so maybe after the parents "try to make a baby", the family leaves the house and comes back later, a baby in the mother's arms? And I mean... when the child is born and it shows a picture and everything, why is it the same picture???

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jun 8, 14 7:06 PM
The last does makes sense. To my mind it'd be better if it were an abstract or symbolic picture the same every time, instead of a fake Norman Rockwell, to go w/ the varied quote. But even so the pic is clearly not meant to represent the people involved any more than the boy heading off to college w/ a surfboard is meant to represent the girl who's actually left.

And the rest ... yeah, plain weird.

Edited on 06/10/2014 at 8:52:49 AM PST

JaneDoe100
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by JaneDoe100 on Jun 9, 14 1:23 PM
GeorgeTSLC wrote:The last does makes sense. To my mind it be better if it were an abstract or symbolic picture the same every time, instead of a fake Norman Rockwell, to go w/ the varied quote. But even so the pic is clearly not meant to represent the people involved any more than the boy heading off to college w/ a surfboard is meant to represent the girl who's actually left.

And the rest ... yeah, plain weird.

Exactly! Thank you! I always hate that they show a boy instead of a girl on the picture for heading off to college. They could show different pics depending on gender.

JaneDoe100
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by JaneDoe100 on Jun 10, 14 3:48 PM
Okay, so here is a cute story:
Both the parents wanted kids and their detail said "definitely". So the mom was 50, the father 52, and argued once but then went to have a baby. They failed.
The end! Hehe....

Go to: