Please post your TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jun 7, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 06/07/2014 at 9:49:07 AM PST

seaseaone
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Editi

[Post New]by seaseaone on Jun 7, 14 2:51 AM
Please help! I can't change the sigils on the ring! all I get are spinning gears. Have read the SG, it says to grab and move, but it won't let me grab. Any ideas anyone - am stuck till I solve this!
Many thanks

lindaol
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Editi

[Post New]by lindaol on Jun 7, 14 2:53 AM
same here.....
of course the problems accour AFTER I bought the game....
hoping for a quick fix...
great game so far...

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edit

[Post New]by belamba on Jun 7, 14 2:56 AM
Yes, Im having this issue on my Macbook Pro OS X running Mavericks.
Cannot do anything with the ring, I've 3 of the 4 you can acquire but just spinning gears too. I've read the SG umpteen times and the hint just takes me to the ring. The SG says 'when you've acquired all four, then tells you to choose a ring to get the 4th piece!
Unless I'm doing something wrong the game has glitched?
Please help as I was enjoying this game....
Yes, it would happen after buying the game
Hope there's a quick fix for this too.

Edited on 06/07/2014 at 2:57:57 AM PST

MerryDaze
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by MerryDaze on Jun 7, 14 3:06 AM
I'm having the same problem with the ring

DLeeM
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by DLeeM on Jun 7, 14 3:09 AM
I'm having the same problem with the signet ring. It says to drag the different signets into the ring to use and yet I keep getting the gears symbol. Can't progress the story if this isn't working. Does anyone have a suggestion?

[Post New]by julesm on Jun 7, 14 3:22 AM
Am having the same problem with the rings, just getting spinning gears, not good!!!!! And also happened after purchase!!! Hope big fish have a fix or money back please, not a happy fish!!!

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edit

[Post New]by littlemouse7 on Jun 7, 14 3:35 AM
I have found a solution !!! all you need to do is to turn on the note and the click on X to close it worked for me.

Edited on 06/07/2014 at 3:39:00 AM PST

[Post New]by hawkitty on Jun 7, 14 3:39 AM
littlemouse,

Thank you for the tip. It worked!!

DLeeM
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by DLeeM on Jun 7, 14 4:01 AM
I tried what littlemouse7 suggested and didn't work for me. Could there possibly be something else that could be wrong?

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jun 7, 14 4:11 AM
I had to fiddle around a LOT - clicking the little instruction note and while it was opening closing the box gave me a hand to drag the symbols but then the button wouldn't click so I tried several opening the note, closing the box combos and *finally* got it to work. Buggy as heck.

[Post New]by littlemouse7 on Jun 7, 14 4:11 AM
DLeeM,
It happened to me once again but this time i wasn't able to press the green button. but i clicked on the note again and closed it and then the game let me lock the ring with the green button.

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Jun 7, 14 4:17 AM
Problems with Eipix games continues! I cant get beyond the first scene - it freezes. Changed resolution and changed custom cursor to normal. No go. Looked nice - hope they can fix it! I'm playing on MacBook Air version 10.9.3. Most frustrating why these are not tested below release. BFG: hope you can find a solution.

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edi

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 7, 14 4:43 AM
littlemouse7 wrote:I have found a solution !!! all you need to do is to turn on the note and the click on X to close it worked for me.
It's working for me one time. I get grazy with that ring!

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jun 7, 14 4:58 AM
You clever, clever people!
I juggled the note, and then closed it and it worked.
To change rings again have to open, close, look at note, close, the-open....
It's a nasty glitch but hope this work around a lets me finish the game!
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH ?

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 7, 14 5:42 AM
Tried all of the above suggestions and still cannot get this stupid ring to change the signet, so can't progress any further with the game

Really annoyed to find a glitch after I've paid for this game. Not a happy fish

dorish2
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by dorish2 on Jun 7, 14 6:32 AM
I too am having the problem with the signets. I have tried what has been suggested, but no luck. I also have purchased the game. We need a fix BFG!

Doreen

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jun 7, 14 6:54 AM
Sorry for you folks that are still stuck. Might be worth uninstalling and reinstalling, then trying the note, close by clicking X then go back to ring and hopefully it will let you drag rings. The green button doesn't work at this point. You need to open note, close X and go back to green button.
I'm playing on a MacBook Pro - if it worked for me and for those using windows, it's a major game glitch.
If you fiddle around you may be able to at least move on in the game.
I had another glitch with the 'crossbow'. Couldn't do anything (it just froze) but was able to get past this with the 'skip' button.
Very frustrating these issues, but thankfully the above fishies helped me get to the games end. Not played bonus chapter yet, so don't know if that's buggy too.

pemerald46
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edi

[Post New]by pemerald46 on Jun 7, 14 7:19 AM
dorish2 wrote:I too am having the problem with the signets. I have tried what has been suggested, but no luck. I also have purchased the game. We need a fix BFG!

Doreen

Please help, have uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing works

Edited on 06/07/2014 at 7:20:08 AM PST

seaseaone
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by seaseaone on Jun 7, 14 9:47 AM
Thank you all - what worked for me. click on note to open, then close window. Reopen window and allowed to grab and move to ring. Close window and re-open then allowed to press button! Phew!

Go to: