catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Signet Rings

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Jun 8, 14 12:25 AM
Is the signet ring problem after the demo? Because I played the demo with no problems....

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

Re:Signet Rings

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jun 8, 14 12:33 AM
Hi Catbag8717

As far as I remember, the signet ring doesn't come into play until chapter 3 so it may well be after the demo. I bought the game outright so I wouldn't know for certain.

There's a bit of fiddling around with that darn ring. The programming definitely went a bit out of the window with that thing, but if you follow the advice given by littlemouse and others you'll get around the problem. It was annoying, but not a deal breaker for me. Other than that, I thought the game was magical and wonderful.

Enjoy!!

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jun 8, 14 12:39 AM
I thought it was in the trial version, but checking the SG now, I see that you get the signet ring not before chapter 3 - and the sample version ends at the end of chapter 2, so probably not.

The problem occurs (only) when you have to change one of the signets in the ring, so, not with entering the first. And the problem afterwards is, that only one "item" in the ring window is active at the same time - different from the SG description. You have to open and close the ring window for every action: look at note, drag new signet to ring, press green button. You can see it when the cursor becomes a hand over the respective item.
With that, it has worked for me so far (used the 3rd signet already). Annoying, but working.

Good luck!

ETA: Tiger, good to see you! I was obviously still checking the SG, while you were typing

Edited on 06/08/2014 at 12:43:03 AM PST

sda1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by sda1 on Jun 8, 14 11:42 PM
I am having problems changing from one signet to the next it won't let me drag a new signet to the ring or remove the old one. Does anybody have any suggestions?

lizzannee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by lizzannee on Jun 9, 14 3:20 AM
im having a problem with the ring it wont let me drag piece to the ring please help

melisae
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by melisae on Jun 9, 14 4:27 AM
I'm also having issues with the ring. I can't change to a new signet after I've used the first one. I've tried different avenues: opening the note, closing the ring window and reopening, dragging the next signet to the ring (but it just put in the box without changing signets), even restarting the game but to no avail. This is very disappointing because I purchased the CE and now I can't move further with the game.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jun 9, 14 4:57 AM
melisae, I can only hope you forgot the last step, cos otherwise I have no idea what could be wrong.

In the ring window, you can always "grab" only one item (hand icon), so:
=> click on note to open, then close window (X at top right).
=> Re-open ring window and drag signet to ring. I think it closes by itself at this point; if not, close it.
=> Re-open and press green button.

As mentioned in my msg above, you can check you're in the right place, when the cursor becomes a hand over the respective item in the ring window - hover over the item, play slowly. Also, in the 2nd step, the signet must indeed be dragged to the ring (clicking on them won't change them).
ETA: not sure it is necessary or helpful, but I seem to recall that I also tried the ring with the wrong signet on the item I wanted to use it on first, just to make sure the game noticed what I'm about to do, so to speak. *G* But I also remember that with the third, it worked "just like that", as said above.

That worked for me up until signet 3 (I'm not at nr 4 yet).
Playing on Win7 -- maybe that's important, as Mac users seem to have different problems.
If it doesn't work, I'd recommend to post in the Tech.issues thread and write to CS; if need be, ask for a refund.

Good luck!

Edited on 06/09/2014 at 5:05:37 AM PST

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Jun 25, 14 12:05 AM
Okay, so I just finished the game and had NO problems with the signet ring? What was all the fuss about?

tetrouge
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by tetrouge on Jul 28, 14 7:48 AM
Once again, BFG has not done its homework, the signets for the ring are an absolute disaster, been a member for many years but am about ready to throw in the towel. This is very annoying!!!

Go to: