A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 06/09/2014 at 9:48:09 AM PST

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown here

[Post New]by saphhire on Jun 8, 14 7:38 AM
Where did all the wonderful reviews go? I so depend on them...............maybe this game is so spectacular that it's left everyone speechless or it stinks.........................(.my opinion) love it but I think it may be short..................... with the sale going on I'm picking this lovely game..............along with yesterdays............HAPPY GAMING FISHIES................oops forgot this isn't the CE. Brain freeze in June. checked the reviews for the CE version...............BAD ME BAD....................OK its a buy.............................

Edited on 06/08/2014 at 7:47:18 AM PST

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Jun 8, 14 3:09 PM
Based on Demo: 2nd verse same as 1st. Another rehashed story premise with an evil demon wanting to take over the world. And this deserves 5 STARS? I think not.

Not wonderful, fun, enchanting or challenging.

Why do the graphics have the same old, same old, cartoonish look without a hint of realism? Then there are the one dimensional characters without movement or lip synch.

Usual music sound track we've heard over & over again.

HOGS are interactive with a few silhouettes. You can opt for puzzles which I find tedious/boring. Jump map/diary available but I did not use either one. There are also colored pots to acquire & they did not seem to hard to find, at least in the demo.

This is just ANOTHER game lacking in originality. Sorry devs your rabbit has not earned their carrots for this one.

[Post New]by doofenschmurtz on Jun 9, 14 6:31 AM
nontechiegrannie wrote:Based on Demo: 2nd verse same as 1st. Another rehashed story premise with an evil demon wanting to take over the world. And this deserves 5 STARS? I think not.

Not wonderful, fun, enchanting or challenging.

Why do the graphics have the same old, same old, cartoonish look without a hint of realism? Then there are the one dimensional characters without movement or lip synch.

Usual music sound track we've heard over & over again.

HOGS are interactive with a few silhouettes. You can opt for puzzles which I find tedious/boring. Jump map/diary available but I did not use either one. There are also colored pots to acquire & they did not seem to hard to find, at least in the demo.

This is just ANOTHER game lacking in originality. Sorry devs your rabbit has not earned their carrots for this one.
Thanks Great review will forget this game

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Jun 9, 14 9:31 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown .
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jun 9, 14 1:40 PM
I had a negative hunch about this one just from reading the precis. Thanks, nontechiegrannie, for your review. I'll pass.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jun 12, 14 8:42 AM
Well, the pros for this game were:
Amazing terrific annimations and graphics...clear and crisp and colorful
HOS were interesting and easy so it didn't bog down the game
Mini games/puzzles were easy but tedious in some games...
Hint and skip refreshed quickly
Transporter map was excellent and helpful
Game play aspects were fun, different and entertaining.

Cons:
Voice overs were slow and just plain awful
Had to turn the music down
Story was a bit childish ala Alice in Wonderland with that foolish rabbit that really had no place in the story
Too many cut scenes and dialog...I skipped almost all except for the ending scene which closes the story...if you can handle the slooooooow speaking dialog.
Never used the journal, can't figure out why they put those in.

I figure when I stop and start a game several times its because it just wasn't a gripper...which this one wasn't...fun game to play in some respects, but was just "there"....hard to put my finger on. I give this game a 3 out of 5 because despite the dumb rabbit and horrible voice-overs and way too much dialog...it was a fun game-play...You decide for yourself....game seemed to be a good length...I don't think I could have taken much more.

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Oct 15, 14 7:14 AM
Well, this game was definitely different but enjoyable. Good color, graphics and characters in a make-believe world. Need games like this to escape from the dreariness of everyday.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Feb 28, 15 6:26 PM
I just completed this little game that has been hibernating in my GM for awhile and it was just what I wanted while we are having icy, snowy, cold weather

I actually enjoyed the simplicity of the storyline, gameplay and graphics (music included) and I believe the developers put a lot into it because of little touches

Sometimes I need a game that I can just play without too much thinking and heavy concentration.

The game played with no trouble and I got a few chuckles out of it so I'm giving it a out of possible 5

Played on Desktop PC running Win 7/64

Fifiluna614
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Fifiluna614 on Jul 1, 15 9:46 PM
This is one of my favorite games by this developer. It pulled me in and kept me entertained, much like the first Grim Facade. I didn't think it was too easy at all; in fact it was just right for me. It had a lot of areas and you were very often carrying a lot of inventory items, so the jump map showing areas of interest was absolutely essential. Puzzles ranged from easy to way too hard, so I played some and skipped some.

I definitely recommend this game!

Go to: