Please post your TECH ISSUES for Whispered Legends: Tales of Middleport here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jun 11, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 06/11/2014 at 8:24:13 AM PST

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Whispered Legends: Tales of Middleport here

[Post New]by nomatt on Jun 11, 14 12:39 AM
Game does not run. It looks like it is loading then crashes to desktop. Have restarted PC, uninstalled/ reinstalled. No go. I know my PC is fine so I won't be trying anything else.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

Froze

[Post New]by Hapless on Jun 11, 14 1:57 AM
After buying the game and playing for half an hour it froze with a skip message at the top right hand side. I have uninstalled and re-installed. but still no joy.

Any suggestions?

Linda

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Jun 11, 14 2:10 AM
Yet another game with a glitch!

I bought this after 20min., but when I'd been playing for about 20min. the game froze. I had clicked the map and gone to the clairvoyants wagon when the hint button kept sending me to the same page in the journal, I could'nt understand why and then I got the skip button up but it did'nt work, then everything froze, except for the purple smoke and the watch (bottom left corner) which funnily enough are still moving?

I can't move anywhere or use anything in inventory, skip button is still up but not working. I had to Cont/Alt/Del to get out of the game.

I refreshed my screen and went back into the game but everything was just the same as I had left it. Nothing working. I had to Cont/Alt/Del to get out of the game again.

I'm running Vista on PC, and everything is up to date.

I'm getting really fed up of almost every game having something wrong with it. What happened to Quality Control? If I pay for a game I am entitled to, and expect a game that is playable without having to complain and then being expected to 'jump through hoops' to get it to work. That's not my job.

This site used to be such a reliable site but not now. I have lost four CC in the last couple of weeks because there were no games to use them on and when there is they're full of glitches.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Jun 11, 14 2:21 AM
Couldn't complete the demo, game stalled about 10 min before the 60 min trial was up.

Mac OS X 10.9.4 Mavericks

For sure a NO buy!

BetsLaw
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by BetsLaw on Jun 11, 14 2:30 AM
I, too, am having same problem. Asking for my $3.49 to be returned!

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Jun 11, 14 2:45 AM
I am the same position as elevenstardragon, the only thing that's still moving is the swirling smoke.

I have re installed as I said and closed my pc down but still no joy, like all of you I am very fed up about it all. It seems to be happening so often.

Linda

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Jun 11, 14 2:50 AM
for me ,the game does not keep identity!don't want to play non-stop and don'want either to play same parts again and again !as i was on the demo,i did not loose anything!

evaree
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by evaree on Jun 11, 14 4:01 AM
Same problem. Game freezes with a skip option at the top.

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jun 11, 14 4:21 AM
elvenstardragon wrote:Yet another game with a glitch!

I had clicked the map and gone to the clairvoyants wagon when the hint button kept sending me to the same page in the journal, I could'nt understand why and then I got the skip button up but it did'nt work, then everything froze, except for the purple smoke and the watch (bottom left corner) which funnily enough are still moving?

I can't move anywhere or use anything in inventory, skip button is still up but not working. I had to Cont/Alt/Del to get out of the game.

Just a thought...

Did you give the Tarot Card to the Clairvoyant? I thought I was stuck at this point but that did the trick. Though you say you can't use inventory items...hmmm?

T57

Teach496
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Teach496 on Jun 11, 14 4:34 AM
Has anyone had a problem with the hint button? It just keeps rotating and I can"t use it. Thanks

[Post New]by Turtlenumberone on Jun 11, 14 5:12 AM
I too have the same problem and have tried all of the things others tried to no avail.
thankfully, I was still in the demo so did not waste any $.

However, I really liked the parts I played and would, once fixed, buy this game.

Frustrating, very frustrating!

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Jun 11, 14 5:25 AM
Tufty57 wrote:
elvenstardragon wrote:Yet another game with a glitch!

I had clicked the map and gone to the clairvoyants wagon when the hint button kept sending me to the same page in the journal, I could'nt understand why and then I got the skip button up but it did'nt work, then everything froze, except for the purple smoke and the watch (bottom left corner) which funnily enough are still moving?

Just a thought...

Did you give the Tarot Card to the Clairvoyant? I thought I was stuck at this point but that did the trick. Though you say you can't use inventory items...hmmm?

T57

I'm not stupid, I'm not stuck. The game is frozen. Can't use Menu, Hint , Inventory or Skip at top of screen. Nothing is working except Purple smoke and clock in lower left corner.
Have sent in report to BF.

This was posted in the Reviews:

Re lease post your REVIEWS for Whispered Legends: Tales of Middleport here

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Jun 11, 14 5:04 AM
The game was OK as long as I was able to play it . . . Nice artwork, OK animation, passable voice acting, somewhat interesting collectables . . . I can't really comment on the plot, because I haven't finished the game . . . I can't finish the game, because like many here, it froze in the middle of game play . . . Given that, the game deserves three thumbs down . . .

Edited on 06/11/2014 at 5:29:44 AM PST

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Jun 11, 14 5:44 AM
Once again....a game one can't play for very long. I wonder when someone is going to play these games through before putting them up for sale. I told myself I would play the entire demo before considering purchasing considering the quality of games offered lately and thank goodness I did. I have the same problems as everyone else so I won't bother with those details. I guess from now on we have to buy games with our fingers crossed. This one has been deleted.

[Post New]by kellymak on Jun 11, 14 5:51 AM
Having same problem,can't move. frozen. i agree that someone should b playing these games thru to insure that BIGFISH loyal players are not once again screwed.

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Jun 11, 14 5:53 AM
I was liking this game wasn't bad for a SE but as soon as I found the frist anchor it froze up.A skip button up top but could do nothing.Had to use task manager to get out.So this will be a no buy for me.I already made the mistake of buying one that fishies had problems and I've never got pass the beach on tha one and still no up date and thsat game was Obsure Curse of The Ring.I'm trying to be careful now and not waste my money anymore,please BF start really checking these games out.

[Post New]by amyfrances on Jun 11, 14 5:56 AM
Another game with an obvious glitch. I'm on a Mac and the opening screen is black except for the cursor, which leaves a trail of arrows when you move it. I'm glad I didn't buy it first.

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on Jun 11, 14 5:56 AM
I'm sorry, but I seem to be the next member of the club of the dissappointed! Game froze after 45 minutes!

BetsLaw
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by BetsLaw on Jun 11, 14 6:06 AM
I uninstalled and re-installed. Before clicking "Play", I changed profile name and then was able to play the game all the way through with no further problems.
Whew!!

aussieali
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by aussieali on Jun 11, 14 6:07 AM
Maybe this is why I can't even purchase the game!! Was going to buy it but there is no buy or demo button under it. I tried a different game and the buttons for purchase were there, but after reading these I'm SO glad that it's not there for me to buy.

Go to: