CindyDean
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

Is this normal?

[Post New]by CindyDean on Jun 11, 14 8:27 PM
I have been a long time member of BFG and AK is my first free-play game. I really did not know what to expect. I love AK and have invested real money to buy bolgins and crystals so I could play longer each day. However, the increasing difficulty to complete a quest has me concerned. I am also a bit dissatisfied with the sort play time provided with updates. And then there are all the glitches. I have been following the treads in this forum about the game and there seem to be many disgruntled players. Is this typical of a free-play game? Do updates provide little play time? Are there usually many glitches? Is there normally this many unhappy players? Or is AK different from other free-play games.

bettymil4216
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

Re:Is this normal?

[Post New]by bettymil4216 on Jun 11, 14 10:21 PM
They are all the same - just some more "glitchy" than others!

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jun 11, 14 11:17 PM
Is this normal? I sure hope not, but there have been some recent changes that are not for the better.

I have been playing for four months, and the game has always had technical issues, but essentially what has happened to cause the discontent you are noticing in the forum is the June 6th update. It has been one of the best games I have ever played and an update in March resolved the worst of the technical issues, but not all.

Even though the game is advertised as "Free to Play", since it is such a well designed and diversified game, many of us haven't minded making bank purchases to enhance our game play, however as of the June 6th update, they have increased the bank prices by approximately 50%, at the same time asking for a larger quantity of hard to find items in order to complete a quest. They have also made the ability to obtain these items much more difficult, therefore requiring more energy, and an outrageous number of trips to a particular map scene in hope of obtaining the item requested. Not only does this take a lot of energy from an energy bar that is slow to fill, it causes repeated visits to the same map scene many times over causing much repetition, disappointment and tediousness.

Most of us are here to relax and have fun, and it has been an excellent game, so we have stayed throughout the technical issues and long waits for new quests. Our reward for that has been a steep price increase at the bank, and a game that was once relaxing has become stressful.

Lastly, there has been much dissatisfaction over a set of quests that helped you obtain a new "pet helper". When it was first offered in April, the cost was 99 cents. But if you did not play that day, you missed it, and it was no longer available until June 6th. The cost now is 145 crystals, which must be purchased at the new bank prices, therefore the price has increased almost 20 fold. Players who did not have the opportunity the first time are upset about paying 20 times more than other players paid.

What you are seeing here in the forum is an attempt on the part of loyal players who enjoy this game and hope to find a way to stay to get the developers and those who offer the game to give us a fair playing field. Some are just giving up and leaving, others of us hope that our concerns will be taken seriously so that we can once again enjoy a game we love to play. You would be hard pressed to find another "free to play" game of the caliber this one has the ability to be.

Alikatt8
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by Alikatt8 on Jun 12, 14 4:45 AM
Im playing Dark Manor (BF game) also another on-line and it's a much kinder to player game. I play 90% DM and 10% AK due to the poor slow energy build on AK
and ridiculous quests especially when nothing drops....... bye, Im off to DM !!

[Post New]by nanasharon5 on Jun 12, 14 6:08 AM
my bar is not filling up to give me more energy. does anyone no why? the bar that turns blue to fill up the energy

mamacass14
Clownfish
Clownfish
616 Posts

[Post New]by mamacass14 on Jun 12, 14 7:06 AM
nanasharon5 wrote:my bar is not filling up to give me more energy. does anyone no why? the bar that turns blue to fill up the energy

nana,

The energy bar fills a one point every 5 mins. The blue should be your "clock" count down to next point of energy to be received. If neither is working, I would send a tech support or Dr Felix report so they may look into it.

Sorry I could not be of more help.
Mamacass14

[Post New]by moose627 on Jun 12, 14 9:21 AM
i,personally, am disgusted with the newest quest. i have played the treasure vault room over 30 times at 98 bits of energy a pop and have not gotten a single royal chest... and the same number of times in the gnome village at 88 bits of energy each visit and got 1 puppet kip.....i've about had it

sorry for the vent, i'm frustrated .......happy gaming to you all

[Post New]by DaisyMaeDriver on Jun 12, 14 1:13 PM
moose627 wrote:i,personally, am disgusted with the newest quest. i have played the treasure vault room over 30 times at 98 bits of energy a pop and have not gotten a single royal chest... and the same number of times in the gnome village at 88 bits of energy each visit and got 1 puppet kip.....i've about had it

Unfortunately you are not alone in your frustration. It would seem that the majority of players are feeling this way now, enough so that many are leaving. I'm sure that the number of players leaving without saying goodbye is much higher than those that take a minute to say "I'm gone".

And I'm sorry to keep harping on this but "Questing Token" it's a simple solution to our frustration, it would make questing fun again. After you have the items you need for the quest, it would revert back to the once in a blue moon rarer that gold hen's teeth item drop rate that seems to make BZ so happy.

Edited on 06/12/2014 at 1:14:43 PM PST

stibitz
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by stibitz on Jun 12, 14 6:58 PM
NoFishToday wrote:
I have been playing for four months, and the game has always had technical issues, .

I started playing a short time before you NFT and believe it or not, I remember a time when there were NO glitches. Imagine playing with a new and different quest every time and it took maybe a day to complete a quest. By the time you finished that quest two more would surface. You didn't wait days/weeks for one item of ten to drop. I remember when I sold a Sophia Plushie on the auction for 500 coins and that was crazy high. I could go on and on ...

The game has changed and I've noticed a lot of the names that were on when I started have disappeared. There's only one that's still on from when I started.

Some days the best part of AK is sitting in on the forum conversations. I guess misery loves company.

arwen777
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by arwen777 on Jun 12, 14 8:40 PM
nanasharon5 wrote:my bar is not filling up to give me more energy. does anyone no why? the bar that turns blue to fill up the energy

Nanasharon5 the energy bar is the green one. The blue bar shows your experience points. You fill it up with the stars you gain and once it's full you level up and your energy meter gets full too.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jun 13, 14 10:49 AM
stibitz wrote:
NoFishToday wrote:
I have been playing for four months, and the game has always had technical issues, .

I started playing a short time before you NFT and believe it or not, I remember a time when there were NO glitches. Imagine playing with a new and different quest every time and it took maybe a day to complete a quest. By the time you finished that quest two more would surface. You didn't wait days/weeks for one item of ten to drop. I remember when I sold a Sophia Plushie on the auction for 500 coins and that was crazy high. I could go on and on ...

The game has changed and I've noticed a lot of the names that were on when I started have disappeared. There's only one that's still on from when I started.

Some days the best part of AK is sitting in on the forum conversations. I guess misery loves company.

The game you are describing is a game as it should be. Lots of players will come, lots of players will stay, and if the bank rates revert back to reasonable, lots of people will spend real money.

You are right, the hideous auction prices are a by-product of what BF and BZ have done to this game. Some auction at beyond ridiculous prices because they are greedy. Others are forced to, to earn back some of what they were forced to spend in auction for a quest item that refuses to drop.

If your Sophia plush were a quest item today, you'd be able to ask $50,000 coins instead of $500. Sad thing all the way around that what was such a fine game has been allowed to be ruined by pure greed (BZ, BF, and auction predators), isn't it?

Cinders31
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by Cinders31 on Jun 13, 14 2:22 PM
moose627 wrote:i,personally, am disgusted with the newest quest. i have played the treasure vault room over 30 times at 98 bits of energy a pop and have not gotten a single royal chest... and the same number of times in the gnome village at 88 bits of energy each visit and got 1 puppet kip.....i've about had it

I too am getting really ticked off with the lack of items gained when searching an area. I have been playing the same area looking for "tea" for one quest and it is getting to the point where I do not want to play.
I am also looking for royal chests and puppet kip. FINALLY got all the puppet kip I need for a quest but the one that requires tea I have been playing since before the latest update!
I looked in the auction and of course people are asking for 40000 and more for one tea!
If the makers of the game think that I will spend my money just to "skip" the quest or to buy the pet unicorn... they have mistaken my kind.
If a game frustrates me... I do not want to invest in it.
I have already cut back on the time I spend on this game due to boredom at playing the same areas over and over and over and over again to try to get what I need. HO HUM game makers... not fun at all.

Edited on 06/13/2014 at 2:23:39 PM PST

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Jun 14, 14 9:42 AM

It took me a long time to get all those chests and now I am trying to get 12 packets of tea to do the latest quest. Out of 7 "plays" I got 1 envelope of tea..At this rate I will be playing that one quest for weeks..

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jun 15, 14 8:42 AM
Found out today, that they are not even allowing "orbs" to drop on first visit to map. Repeated visits for orbs? Orbs are not a rare item, they are a QUEST item. When we have advanced far enough in the quests to get to the orbs, you want to punish (rather than reward) us for that as well?

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Jun 16, 14 9:57 AM
I JUST WISH THEY WOULD OPEN THE GIFTING SECTION. I CAN BE A PAIN BUT THERE YOU FRIENDS CAN HELP YOU EASIER. MC HAS GIFTING BUT NO AUCTION AND NO IN GAME MESSAGING. THE LONGEST WAIT TO PLAY AGAIN IS AN HOUR. BUT THE QUESTS ARE MUCH HARDER AFTER LVL 20. AND THEY COMPLAIN A LOT MORE ABOUT GLITCHES AND UPDATES. SOME QUIT AND SOME STAY. THESE ARE GAMES. I ONLY PLAY ONCE A DAY ON AK I GET MY REWARD TRY FOR QUEST ITEMS. BUT IF IT IS A TIMED QUEST LIKE OUR LAST ONE I RUN THE ENERGY TO ZERO AND USE SOME OF MY FOOD WHICH I STOCK PILE WHILE ONE ORDINARY QUEST. TO FINISH ON TIME. BUT SOME TIMES I HAVE TO RELY ON ANGELS FOR HELP. MY ANGEL KNOW WHO SHE IS. SO FAR I HAVE NOT HAD TO ASK FOR HELP ON THIS QUEST. BUT WHO KNOW, THE TIME MY COME.

Go to: