1Hangman
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

Level 27 Players

[Post New]by 1Hangman on Jun 12, 14 12:57 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with the HOS above the Chapel door by the weeping stature ? All day today ( 12 June - - from about 10:30 AM est) it comes up blank, picture but no object list. I have to quit and reboot to re-enter but still no list. Everything else seems to be working okay for now. After reading the forum it seems that there are still many 'Glitches' that need to be addressed. Is this one of them ?

Re:Level 27 Players

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jun 12, 14 1:11 PM
I have had this problem sporadically from the beginning but since the update before the latest one, the HO scene above the chapel door as driven me insane. Nothing to do but close and reopen game until list finally appears. I've had to do this sometimes 5 or 6 times in a row before list appeared. Added to technical problems..they say they are aware.

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

Level 27 Players

[Post New]by chipper23 on Jun 12, 14 1:11 PM
1Hangman wrote: Is anyone else having trouble with the HOS above the Chapel door by the weeping stature ? All day today ( 12 June - - from about 10:30 AM est) it comes up blank, picture but no object list. I have to quit and reboot to re-enter but still no list. Everything else seems to be working okay for now. After reading the forum it seems that there are still many 'Glitches' that need to be addressed. Is this one of them ?
I have had that happen on several HOS..Mostly (for me) it is the scenes in the pirate ship area.

cynsue2
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by cynsue2 on Jun 12, 14 1:25 PM
Same here. Reported it. Maybe it will be fixed with the update!!!

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

Level 27 Players

[Post New]by guppies56 on Jun 12, 14 1:26 PM
1Hangman wrote: Is anyone else having trouble with the HOS above the Chapel door by the weeping stature ? All day today ( 12 June - - from about 10:30 AM est) it comes up blank, picture but no object list. I have to quit and reboot to re-enter but still no list. Everything else seems to be working okay for now. After reading the forum it seems that there are still many 'Glitches' that need to be addressed. Is this one of them ?

I've been having the same problems continuously with the HOS above the chapel.
Instead of rebooting your system use the task manager, Press CTRL-ALT-DEL at the same time and that will start the Task Manager, then press 'end programme' and that will bring you out of the scene without having to reboot your system.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jun 12, 14 2:06 PM
guppies, that's how I always restarted the game. But thought you would like to know someone in another post suggested hitting the "windows" key then just xing out of the game. It is a little faster than the Cntl-Alt-Del because it doesn't close the game manager so you can quickly open game again.

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Jun 12, 14 2:21 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:guppies, that's how I always restarted the game. But thought you would like to know someone in another post suggested hitting the "windows" key then just xing out of the game. It is a little faster than the Cntl-Alt-Del because it doesn't close the game manager so you can quickly open game again.

Thanks Whitebutterfly, but that doesen't work for me, when I hit the windows button it removes the game from the screen but I still can't close the game from below, it's stays as a closed page and when you go back in it takes you right back to the HOS with no items listed, the only way to close the programme (apart from rebooting) is with the task manager

Alex_Gordon
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by Alex_Gordon on Jun 12, 14 2:42 PM
guppies, maybe a combination of Alt+F4 helps? It closes any application at once and automatically removes it from the Task manager within 5 seconds. When I encounter a blank HOS I press this combination and then just restart the game.

Edited on 06/12/2014 at 2:43:57 PM PST

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Jun 12, 14 2:50 PM
Alex_Gordon wrote:guppies, maybe a combination of Alt+F4 helps? It closes any application at once and automatically removes it from the Task manager within 5 seconds. When I encounter a blank HOS I press this combination and then just restart the game.

Thanks Alex I haven't tried that, I do believe the HOS should spring to life pretty soon, I was about to call it a day but i'll go back in as soon as it comes to life and try ALT+F4. I'll be back to let you know

1Hangman
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by 1Hangman on Jun 12, 14 3:09 PM
Yes - - - hit the windows button and close window and a quicker return is easier

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Jun 12, 14 3:14 PM
1Hangman wrote:Yes - - - hit the windows button and close window and a quicker return is easier

I can hit the windows flag Hangman but can't close the actual game once the page is closed

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Jun 12, 14 3:18 PM
Alex_Gordon wrote:guppies, maybe a combination of Alt+F4 helps? It closes any application at once and automatically removes it from the Task manager within 5 seconds. When I encounter a blank HOS I press this combination and then just restart the game.[/qu

Hi Alex, just tried ALT+F4 and absolutely nothing, had to go back to ALT-CTRL-DEL. Thanks anyway it was certainly worth a try

Alex_Gordon
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by Alex_Gordon on Jun 12, 14 3:41 PM
Sorry Guppies , it usually works on my system. Perhaps it's the difference in computer resources. The game requires a lot of RAM and the graphics card's memory and maybe their shortage do not allow to unload the application properly.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Jun 12, 14 5:57 PM
Guppies, what Hangman said works. Just right click on it once it's on the taskbar and choose 'close'.

McCoy3
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by McCoy3 on Jun 12, 14 8:13 PM
I'm playing on iOS and I've had trouble with it for the first time today. I've only been able to go in and have a list twice today....

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Jun 13, 14 1:38 AM
Amerzone wrote:Guppies, what Hangman said works. Just right click on it once it's on the taskbar and choose 'close'.

That's what I was trying to say Amerzone, once the page is closed you can't close the game by right clicking as you would be able to do with any other pages you have at the bottom of the screen.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 13, 14 2:09 AM
I have had no problems so far with this particular scene.

However, if I happen to come across a HOS without a list, I just click on ALT+ENTER to put the game into window mode, and then click on the red X to get out of the game.

ALT+ENTER works for me (laptop) but apparently not for everyone. This is the oldest way of putting a game into window mode. It's been used since RPGs first came out for computers.

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Jun 13, 14 2:27 AM
Valdy wrote:I have had no problems so far with this particular scene.

However, if I happen to come across a HOS without a list, I just click on ALT+ENTER to put the game into window mode, and then click on the red X to get out of the game.

ALT+ENTER works for me (laptop) but apparently not for everyone. This is the oldest way of putting a game into window mode. It's been used since RPGs first came out for computers.

Thanks Valdy,

That's a new one for me and I definitely will try when it comes back to life. I feel like i'm causing such a fuss here and it was only a reply lol.
I was locked out of the game for 3 weeks some time back (when the Bow and Six Paw first came into play) so one HOS with a glitch really is the least of my problems, it's annoying but definitely not the end of the world, I can still play and think myself lucky for that since reading Pennykings posts as she's suffering the dreaded 'lock out'

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 13, 14 3:06 AM
Although I have never been locked out, I have had major problems myself for a while - my whole Friends section went crazy. I was not able to receive gifts, because I kept getting the "no connection" message, after which the gifts disappeared, then I lost all of my friends, and my whole wish list was gone. Not just my wishes, but the tabs for the wishes were gone too. A nightmare...

Thank goodness the one before the last update set everything back to where it should be. So I am not too overly stressed if I stumble over a HOS without a list from time to time. There are worse things.

Of course, after that came the problem with the game freezing when you reached an Achievement. And that's when the ALT+ENTER buttons came in handy. And, thank goodness, that has been sorted out as well now.

But ever since all these problems started, I always put my game into window mode before I exit it, so that it starts in window mode again - just in case another major problem arises right at the start. And once I am in the game I just go into settings and put the game back into full screen mode, although using ALT+ENTER should do that too.

BTW, just thought of something: clicking on ALT+ENTER at the exact same time, doesn't always work, so click both at the same time, but do the ALT a fraction of a second earlier than ENTER. It works better for me that way.

Edited on 06/13/2014 at 3:16:50 AM PST

McCoy3
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by McCoy3 on Jun 14, 14 9:21 PM
I wasn't having problems with this scene initially, but I started to a few days ago. Now, random HOS are coming up empty. The only way I've been able to get out and move on to another HOS has been to reboot my iPad...

Go to: