Edited on 06/13/2014 at 8:53:58 AM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Grim Tales: The Vengeance here

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jun 13, 14 8:53 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Grim Tales: The Vengeance here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Grim Tales: The Vengeance.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Jun 13, 14 12:08 PM
Based on Demo: Another relative in peril & you are called upon to save the day storyline.

Graphics: Again cartoonish & VERY blue.

Music: Ok..nothing special.

Characters: Have lip sync movement but bodies are wooden & stiff.

HOGS are not so very cluttered this time & there are the usual assortment of mini games.

Collectibles are available & not too difficult to find.

Game is not very challenging but fun to find out where next scene will take you.

Give demo & try & see if this rehashed, nothing new storyline game peaks your interest enough to buy

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Jun 13, 14 6:27 PM
I like this type of investigation games, I played other grim tales before this one, and they all were interesting and cerebral! Based only on the demo, the game appear to be good, the only problem are the direction on the solving puzzles, not very clear or even totally wrong, missing important elements to solve it! I skipped the first, (wait...I have to say that is very late, and I am very tired, so be it) but the word perimetral were they left it? (I am talking about the matching cards) , however i solved all the others, some were simple, others less, and not with very good directions for the players. The graphics are good and so the story, I love the map, there is a teletrasport directly to the scene , it's "star treck" finally becoming real? Overall it's a worth playing game and I give ,( though i don't like the animal trophies's room) Why those devlps, are so fixated with those type of things? Well after all I am only a detective in this game, and not a trophy!
I recommend this game!

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Jun 17, 14 2:46 PM
I did enjoy this game, but didn't feel it was up to the standards of the other Grim Tales games. If I compare it to Grim Tales: Bloody Mary, the creepiness factor was just plain missing.

Graphics and music were nicely done. HOS were good also - not unusually cluttered like some.

There are morphing objects as well as collectibles. As you find each collectible statue, you learn a little more about your cousin's disfunctional family.

Again...nice game but definately did not have a wow factor of any kind.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jul 16, 14 12:57 AM
I agree with LadyJane50 and nontechiegrannie. I did like discovering the family secret history, but was it a five-star tour de force? No, but not every game can be exceptional.

Edited on 07/16/2014 at 12:59:47 AM PST

bachlein
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by bachlein on Aug 14, 14 10:29 AM
I liked this game because some of the puzzles were hard and some really easy. Some seemed hard until I could figure out how to do them. AND (and this will sound really stupid) a really good thing about this game is that when (for example) you needed to use the screwdriver...it undid ALL the screws and you didn't need to keep using it until they were all done. It was beautiful and fun and well worth the price IMHO.

Go to: