Edited on 06/13/2014 at 9:02:41 AM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Farmerama here

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jun 13, 14 9:02 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Farmerama here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Farmerama.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

oldyafer
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by oldyafer on Jun 13, 14 8:09 PM
How can there be any reviews if the game won't run?

[Post New]by bickerlynne on Jun 15, 14 3:31 AM
I am now at level seven and still don't know how to earn money nor sell the stuff in my barn that should be bursting. Can not use it to do the quests in the Farm Society. You have to grow the stuff after you accept the quest. My market is empty and I don't know how to put stuff in it. I can't tell if anyone is playing so therefor have no neighbors. I like farming games that are slow like this. It is relaxing, but there should be a point to the game. Is there a limit to how much you can put in the barn? And what do I do with it? If anyone has some ideas please help.

HatesTimers
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by HatesTimers on Jun 15, 14 5:07 PM
The game is working OK for me, although the playable area is much smaller than my screen. The tutorial kept me on a short leash, then ended without making some important things clear.

One important thing to know is that seeds and crops are the same thing. If you have 50 wheat in the barn, and you plant 10 of those larger plots, then you will have 40 wheat in the barn. You will harvest 5 per plot, after which you will have a total of 90 wheat in the barn. So you really only need one "seed" to get things started.

You don't need water or manure for crops, they only shorten the growing time. (And water is expensive.)

A building in the city provides quests. One type are like side quests. Some of those are timed, starting with when you accept them, so be ready before activating them. Another type are called "orders", and each unlocks when you do the previous one. The first few are done in the tutorial.

To sell stuff, you need to be level 3+ to unlock the market in the city. Then check the current offers for the item you want to sell to see what other people are asking. then go to the "make offer" tab, which will show the contents of your barn. Select the item to sell and make an offer at a competitive price. The items are removed from your barn and you will be charged a 10% fee up front. You get the money if someone buys what you offered.

[Post New]by bickerlynne on Jun 16, 14 2:40 AM
Thank you so much. Are you still playing? My ID is 51300829 if you are interested in a neighbor.

[Post New]by chrisslab on Jun 19, 14 2:00 PM
I've played a lot of the Big Fish games of all genres, and several of the free-to-play, but this has to be the most frustrating one I've tried. Can't seem to make heads or tales of how to progress in the game; the few things I've succeeded with were completely accidental since I have no idea of what I'm doing. I've gone online to some of the info on the game, but much of what they say there does not seem to apply to our version, or I just am not making the connections. I'm really surprised that Big Fish would have offered a game where the potential for sales with customers like me is completely negated by the lack of simple instructions.

duckie4120
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by duckie4120 on Jun 20, 14 6:53 PM
I was worried I had bought this dead flounder but looks like I have not. I have spent the last 30 mins trying to understand what it needed from me. Game manager would close and then I got a message that I needed up to date flash player with a click on button. That took me to a blank page of adobe where nothing ever showed up. Did that three times until I though ok go to adobe and find the flash.... That did not work either.
My review: Stop wasting our time with FREE stuff that waste time. If it is beta testing, then say so. Uninstall.

HatesTimers
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by HatesTimers on Jun 29, 14 5:43 PM
I've played some more now, and it's actually a pretty good FTP farm game.

It uses flash and requires an internet connection. It has many crops, animals, and other products. There are frequent events of various types, and frequent additions to the game.

Crops are planted in plots (which can be placed for free). Each plot takes one of the crop to plant, and produces one plus the number of small squares of the plot. A 1x1 plot takes one and yields 2, a 2x2 plot takes one and yields 5. Plots should be harvested within 24 hours of being ripe to avoid weeds.

Trees take one small square, and most yield 20 hours after the last harvest. They last indefinitely. Animal and production pens take 2x2. All these can be upgraded. They can also be stored in inventory when not in use. The upgrade looks like a tree/pen, but must be placed on top of the base item. The base and upgrade separate when returned to inventory.

There is a market where crops, animals, and other products can be traded. One player offers a certain number of an item at a certain price, and other players look through these offerings and can buy them.

There is no "energy" like some FTP games have, but some things require Barnyard Bills to buy. These are limited, unless you buy more with real money. A few products are hard to produce without BB, but these can be bought at the market Breeding new animals is particularly bad, as each attempt requires power feed, but these animals are offered at the market by players who don't mind spending real money.

In the city there are orders, quests, and a few timed quests. You decide which one you want to do, rather than having the game feed them to you. Orders change each day and give poor rewards so I usually ignore them. The quests give stars, and other things, and the stars are used at "The Tree of Wisdom" letting you unlock other parts of the game, or get some other special. Regular quests are filled by delivering stuff from your barn. Timed quests can't be filled from the barn or market, and must be filled with fresh production while the timer is running. But you can have stuff ready to harvest before starting those.

There is an island that is practically its own small game. It has it's own types of crops, animals, and products. It even has its own experience and leveling.

There is a machine that can harvest a whole area with a click. You sometimes get a few free hours of it being usable, but to have it available all the time requires BB.

zsautner
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by zsautner on Aug 15, 14 9:19 AM
I have been playing this game for a while now and think it's really fun and very addictive. I think everything has been covered in the post above, but you can do this game without spending real money. And the power feed can be manufactured in the mill so you don't need to purchase it.

I had to discover a lot about this game on my own, but it was easy for me to figure out. I would recommend going to the game's official forum for details about the game. It can be accessed at the bottom of the News page. This site has information about everything you could possibly think of all located in one place.

Try reading the Farmerama Bible thread first. This will cover all the basics in order to get you started.

The FAQ thread is very, very useful - I consult it almost everyday. The FAQ Index is very comprehensive and is a sticky thread located part way down the page.

Also, the Buddies and Neighbors thread is the best way to find new neighbors. Since this forum isn't very active, you will need to add people from the game's official forum.

And lastly, if you are under level 40, you should register in the Farmhouse under Chickadee Roost to get a mentor. They are very helpful high level players that send you incredibly useful and unique gifts everyday.

I'm currently at Level 55 and have really enjoyed exploring this game.

Edited on 08/15/2014 at 9:20:54 AM PST

[Post New]by java50 on Sep 26, 14 9:17 AM
Farmerama is a great game, the BIG problem is that we joined through Big Fish we are not getting the full game. We are blocked from using some of the important features.

[Post New]by acmetoy57 on Oct 4, 14 1:35 PM
REALLY FRUSTRATED WITH BIG FISH / FARMERAMA ....... LOST ALL CONFIDENCE IN THIS SITE.
WHY would you allow this (really great) game on your site if we can't access the whole game??
I have no problem with any company trying to expand and make $$, but this is
A COMPLETE LACK OF SERVICE AND ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!! WHO CARE'S IF WE CAN'T PLAY THE GAME AS IT SHOULD BE PLAYED

Go to: