- put on metal cage/frame

Hope this helps!

kitaboy
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

Re:lamp construction

[Post New]by kitaboy on Jun 24, 14 3:30 PM
1st you have to place the rag over the oil on the edge of the box; this soaks up the oil. Put the rag on top of the lamp; then put in the wick; light the wick; place to glass globe and then the last piece. This lamp goes to the grate in the middle of the ship so you can see when you go down below; this is where you use the rope ladder. Good luck. Kitaboy.

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Jul 4, 14 2:31 PM
I have the fuel soaked cloth and the wick and the holder for the lamp and the globe, but when I put cloth on top it lite the lamp and went back to it's position and nothing else will work. Is it a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

kitaboy
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by kitaboy on Jul 4, 14 3:35 PM
fluffy; it takes several times to get the soaked cloth on the lamp; it's like it doesn't want to stay; don't give up; this is just an irritating part of the game. Once you get the lamp full of oil, put the wick on and light it; then the globe then the last piece. This lamp goes down below so you can see; this is also where the rope ladder goes so you can get down below. Good luck. Just be persistent. Kitaboy.

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Jul 4, 14 5:42 PM
Finally got all the pieces to go on lamp by just moving all of them around the base over and over. It lit itself. Weird. Love the game when it is working. Now can't get cannon loaded in HOG but will keep at it. Thanks kitaboy for your help. Nevermind. got it. Thank you to everyone that posts.

Edited on 07/04/2014 at 5:53:08 PM PST

kitaboy
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by kitaboy on Jul 4, 14 6:46 PM
fluffy, there is gun powder on the ground left of the cannon; then there is a cannon ball just to the right of the candle on the hearth, when the cannon goes off you get the 2nd eye for those figures in the crypt; when you put the eyes in you get to go to the garden at the back of the crypt. This is a very challenging game. You will receive an antidote potion in the apothecary; this is put on the fountain in the garden of the crypt; you get a name plaque that goes on the 2nd grave where you get a Tarot card. The gypsy gives you the Favor of the Gods for this card; this potion goes on the debris on the street at the docks. Then it seems to go by more smoothly; good gaming. Kitaboy

[Post New]by Goldilox1733 on Jul 17, 14 4:44 PM
I've been placing the oil soaked rag all over the lamp and it isn't working :-( and I've been trying to figure this out for like 15 min. This is ridiculous! And when you hit the hint it just circles around the base of the lamp. Not helpful cause when I place the rag there it goes back to sitting on the crate where I picked it up from. HELP Please!!!! Is there a certain spot I'm not aware of

Edited on 07/17/2014 at 5:03:24 PM PST

kitaboy
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by kitaboy on Jul 17, 14 5:11 PM
This has happened to me also. Get out of that screen and then go back in. Maybe a glitch but you are doing everything right. Maybe the oil cloth already did its job. Try lighting the lamp. Then place the globe and then the handle part. Good luck; parts of this game can be frustrating. Kitaboy.

Go to: