Please post your REVIEWS for Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jun 14, 14 12:33 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 06/14/2014 at 9:38:49 AM PST

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jun 14, 14 3:19 AM
Here there be Dragons - Hurrah!

Challenge
Game

OK, let's get some things out of the way first to clear up any doubts:

* This is NOT a difficult game. If you want high levels of challenge, look elsewhere.
* Yes, there is an animal to rescue and you can, if you wish, collect hidden coins (30 gold/30 silver) to do up its room. However, this is not a cutesy animal and he wouldn't dream of doing a silly dance or dressing up. He just gives you a polite round of applause if you buy something for his study.
* The HOSs have beautifully drawn, large items. There are a few simple interactions in each, word lists, a 15x object challenge and a silhouettes one. No squinting needed here.
* Puzzles are different, most very straightforward, some requiring some logical thinking.

For those of you who are still reading, it is a lovely game to play.

* The graphics are well done, the characters are realistic and the VOs are lip-synchronised.
* There is a journal to record clues found on the way
* A jump map tells you where to find actions and objectives
* Your cat will fetch things fo you.

Things are not completely straightforward. If you are still stuck on the first scene through the mirror, well so was I for a while but that was the first 'out of the box' thing. You don't use matches or torches to light fires (not in the demo at least) so, although easy to play, you cannot be complacent.

All in all, I found it delightful and will be treating myself very shortly.

Do give it a try and stick with it (my trial lasted 64 minutes)

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jun 14, 14 9:38 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jun 14, 14 11:18 AM
Like the game and it has great graphics, puzzles and HOG's. Story is one I enjoy about Dragons and adventure of getting a potion to help the beautiful girl get well. Have a cute little Cat that helps you along the way, hints reload fast, has a map that will take you to where you need to go.. Just a perfect game and I will give it 4 out of 5 stars..

Plientje
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Plientje on Jun 14, 14 11:23 AM
What a dream of a fairytale!!

This is a beautiful fairytale, with the most fantastic dreamy fairytale-music that makes the game unforgettable!

The storyline is great, this is a fairytale you believe immediately and pulls you in. You don't want to stop playing and find out how this ends! Muir, your cat-helper, tells you the story in the most charming way, and makes the story exciting! He is very friendly, and helps you to get to some unreachable things, but he is not over-fluffy or too cutesy, and very 'human' like, since he walks upright and wears a vest.

The graphics are sublime, bright and clear and airy, but they still manage to give the game a kind of threatening feel, some kind of urgency, you feel like you have to hurry to save your sister and the two kingdoms. You really feel for the two dragons who are willing to give their life to save the world!

The HOS are very pleasant. The puzzles are very nicely done and I've seen some nice varieties on known games, but they are quite easy, although I enjoyed them immensly. The very experienced player might not like them.

I have played a LOT of fairy tale games, but this one is really stunning! I have bought it immediately after playing the demo, and am downloading while writing this. Try it and like it!

Have fun!

Edited on 06/14/2014 at 11:29:44 AM PST

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jun 14, 14 1:44 PM
Happy Father's Day to all the guys on this site (if there are any) and a special shout out to my own awesome Dad. I will always refer to your philosophy on the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, Dad - Entropy! Disorder is the order! This game has "entropy" - chaos abounds and the heroine must recreate order to two kingdoms to ensure balance, if that is even possible.

After playing Thursday's Karmic Masterpiece and "ohming" at work (it is a chemical process too) all Friday, I am trying to be a kinder and gentler,reviewer on this site. Too bad - it didn't work. To their credit, BF tries to appeal to all of the various members of its game playing audience. We have a rehashed version of "Puss N' Boots" tossed in a den with the "Dragons Lair" in a game which is obviously geared the younger set or those who love "cutesy" games.

You are a princess, sister to Queen Melissandra, who is approaching death. You are summoned by the court physician to help save her life. There is only one medicine which can save her life -The Elixir of Life which was fashioned by the Silver and Golden Dragons. Like Alice, you go "Through the Looking Glass," and are whisked away to the Kingdom of Goldthorne. It has been overtaken by an evil lord who appears as a shadowy figure within the flames of fire. You soon learn that the Silver and Golden dragons assumed human form creating the two kingdoms. They also created a prison for the evil dragon, Onyx. Are you and your sister descendants of the Silver and Golden dragons? Is it possible that this evil lord is the Onyx Dragon who may have escaped? You have an assistant in playing the game - a cat, Muir, which you dress and help decorate his living quarters.

There are only three levels of play with no ability to customize the game. The storyline of the game did not catch my interest and the pace of the game is very slow. The graphics appear grainy on my computer. There are 3 types of HOP scenes. The inventory is interactive but some items must be combined before they are used. If any game needs an alternative to the HOP scenes, it is this game. The puzzles are boringly easy. The "muzac" seems ill fitted to the game. It It was tedious for me to play the complete 90 minutes of the demo. This game seems geared to older children or those who like more simplistic games. You collect tokens to dress your cat and decorate his abode.

I RATE THIS GAME 3 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS. To me, this game is not CE worthy.

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Jun 14, 14 3:18 PM
Oh my what a slow, plodding & VERY BORING game!

Storyline - Usual rehashed story with you needing to save your sister & have to go to a world of floating islands guarded by an evil overlord & of course dragons. How many more of this mediocre, trite games do we have to plow through???

Graphics - Usual cartoon drawings, all fantasy with no realism.

Characters - had good movement/lip sync.

VO - adequate

Music - new age sound with good outdoor sound effects.

HOG - interactive with some silhouettes & find so many of something.

Mini games - usual fare of untangle a rope & move bars so something can be retrieved. I skip these kind.

Map - Just took a quick look & it seemed ok for jumping from place to place.

Journal - Other than to keep track of number clues to open something I find these flapping/glowing entities most annoying.

Hint Button was ok but the Skip Button could have been a bit quicker.

Collectibles - coins to buy things in the cat room!!

Animals - Early on you rescue a talking cat named Muir who helps you along your journey. When he is not helping you he spends his time above the SG licking his paw.

OK game if you want something slow & easy without challenge but a definite NO buy for me.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jun 14, 14 5:17 PM
Hi all. We have dragons! I love dragons and was excited to see this game today. The graphics are more old school and in some places, very cartoon like, but well done. Game play was very good until the demo ended and then it froze when I tried to exit. Music isn't too bad, but gets annoying fairly quickly. Voice overs are very well done. I really like the dragon voice, sounds a bit like James Earl Jones.

Jump map is the standard for these games and is useful. SG really isn't necessary with the map and the hint system. Hint will also transport you to the location you need and it is quite helpful otherwise. As always, I do not like the SG, as it does not stay on the last page you visited when you leave the game. Why can the devs not fix this?? You have a helpful cat as well, who gets into small holes or high places to retrieve something for you. He also tells the story as you progress in the games.

HOPs are clean and clear and items are not difficult to find, no eye strain. Puzzles were quite simple, no great thought here. The only collectibles are the coins, gold or silver, and are not difficult to find, but some you really have to look for. Some scenes have more than one, so be on the lookout for them. Didn't take the time to see what you did with them.

This was not a difficult or very challenging game. I am sure it works well for a beginner, but I do not see that it is CE worthy. There are no extra bells or whistles. The game is very quiet as far as sound FX, which really help to build a story and the excitement that this one didn't have. I'm not even sure I would get this as an SE either.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jun 15, 14 2:23 AM
nontechigrannie has pretty much said all i would about the game, excellent review, thank you.

In addition I have to say the cat really annoyed me; his constant comments became tiresome.

roberta3
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by roberta3 on Jun 15, 14 8:46 PM
I enjoyed this game very much. I thought the story was quite interesting. The whole thing is a parable about real life. Making mistakes and trying to fix them, except for the cat. I like cats so he did not bother me. even tho the game was "easy", I think the story line was good and the games fit the story very well. It was fun for an evening, and I will probably play again, to find all the coins.

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Jun 16, 14 5:28 PM

Is "Two Kingdoms" Worth Two Credits?

A gold kingdom, a silver kingdom, and the secret that links them. Good vs.evil. Dragons, castles, fire, magic and the Elixir of Life. All here in one game.

Admittedly, the story contains nothing really new or novel, however it is interesting in its simplicity. The character's voices are excellently done, not overacted, and the dialog is sensible. There is a helper in the form of a cat who walks upright, but he doesn't try to be too cute. In addition to assisting you with various tasks, he matter-of-factly relates the back story to you.

Drawing is very high quality. Animations and cut scenes are first rate as well. The style is very colorful, in contrast with the story which is somewhat dark. Sound effects are also very effective, as is the music which is minimal.

The game stands out in its EASY PLAYABILITY for both hidden objects and puzzles. Though simple, the puzzles are well designed and interesting nevertheless owing to their seamless integration into the game's theme. Items in your inventory will occasionally need to be combined. You won't overtax your brain on this, though. The easy play causes the story to move along quickly, so my concern is that this could be a short game.

This being a Collector's Edition, there are collectible gold and silver coins, achievements, and the usual array of other extras.

While it doesn't quite have the story, difficulty or originality to merit the highest rating, it still delivers decent game play.

Two times two stars for Two Kingdoms.

eirini51
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by eirini51 on Jun 21, 14 3:52 PM
Beautiful game but unfortunately, the mirror puzzle in the bonus game is unsolvable. Skip button should be added. I note many players have had the same problem and try as much as do there seems to be no solution.

LynFrank
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by LynFrank on Jun 24, 14 12:00 PM
eirini51 wrote:Beautiful game but unfortunately, the mirror puzzle in the bonus game is unsolvable. Skip button should be added. I note many players have had the same problem and try as much as do there seems to be no solution.

I did not have any trouble with the mirror puzzle, and found the whole game really enjoyable. I did not see any glitches or mistakes, either, which tend to annoy me a little. I especially liked riding the dragon and thought that having the 'keys' for the map was a good concept. The cat was rather cute and it was refreshing to see who his friend was.

Great graphics and the story was different as well.

LOVED IT - LOVED IT - LOVED IT!! THANKS TO BIGFISH AGAIN!!

Edited on 06/24/2014 at 12:12:36 PM PST

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 29, 14 4:27 AM
Wonderful Dragon Fable****

BASED ON DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
An interesting and dramatic beginning has a king seeking “all the treasure of the temple”. His efforts, well, the results are unexpected. The opening into the game proper is less theatrical, but invites involvement.

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
Enjoyed the graphics. Not always the highest quality but always beautiful and colourful and clear. The music was unobtrusive. The voiceovers are excellent. But I may get fed up with that cat.

WHAT’S HAPPENING?
Our sister the queen is dying and the only cure is in another kingdom where we may get the info we need, if we can find the knowledgeable dragon. We travel there through a mirror (yeah, I know, not exactly original), and are immediately caught up in the problems of the kingdom we are now in. We rescue a talking cat, who turns out to be some sort of butler, and is very helpful with hard to reach items. He is also the source of info on the history of the dragons, and the two kingdoms, which is presented in a cartoon/diorama style as required.

GAMEPLAY
The HOPs are varied. There are interactive word lists, and silhouettes, and multiples of. The puzzles are mixed, but for the most part not too difficult. The adventure makes sense without being overly linear. There is a directional hint, interactive jump map (with available actions), journal game notes and clues, and lockable inventory. There are plus items in inventory.

CE BLING!
There are many collectible gold and silver coins to gather, and can be used in the CE extra, the Cat Room. Another area showcases achievements, represented by different dragon eggs. There are oodles of gallery items – concept art 45, wallpaper 18, 36 movies, 16 music tracks, and replayable mini-games. There is also, in addition to the standard extra chapter, a Secret Game.

COMBINED IMPACT
Have a really good time playing this, more than I can easily explain by game analysis. Not too hard, fun story. Just the right balance somehow.

I recommend this Game!

[Post New]by bdebiase on Jul 1, 14 10:57 AM
This game has continually frozen and corrupted and/.or deleted profiles twice. What a waste of time and money.
Stupid hidden object, a lot of unnecessary verbage.

notdeadyet
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by notdeadyet on Jul 8, 14 9:45 AM
The main game is excellent. The graphics are great and the music is pleasant but unobtrusive.The simple plot got progressively complicated and was ok. I like the teleporting feature.
The bonus game was ok until I had to light up 7 lights simultaneously. I gave up after a while.
The game did not freeze up on me. I have mac os 10.8.5.All in all I enjoyed the game,except for the bonus round.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Jul 14, 14 12:02 PM
When the game works, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It's light and fun with a fairytale-esque feel to it which makes it a nice change from the darker, grittier HO offerings. Unfortunately it's not a stable game, and it freezes every 5-10 minutes - a very sad performance indeed.

sha49tn1
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by sha49tn1 on Aug 3, 14 2:11 AM
This game is one of my favorites! It's got a good story line, without all the vampires, & such. It's good vs evil, so you KNOW who's going to win in the end. I did have a few technical problems, where it would freeze up, but if I waited a few minutes, it would start working again. All in all I enjoyed this. I'm tired of all the spooky, scary games. I want games that help me relax & make me feel better. And, I loved the cat. I own 3 cats though, so that may be why I did. All in all this is a game I'm happy I bought!

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Aug 14, 14 10:16 PM
Enjoyed the game , I liked Muir and Raid thought they were a nice touch.

[Post New]by Blondie1946 on Sep 1, 14 2:20 PM
bfgWendwater wrote:Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/faqs/list.page">Forum Rules</a> and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

Go to: