Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jun 14, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 06/14/2014 at 9:42:59 AM PST

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jun 14, 14 12:47 AM
pondprowler wrote:A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Thanks for starting these threads!!

It would be very helpful if, in your opening post for Tech Issues, you included the request that posters say if they are playing on PC or Mac and what Operating System they are running. Thanks!

mskymee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by mskymee on Jun 14, 14 5:37 AM
This program won't download on my computer. Incompatability issues as I ran the program for it. Looks like a good game but I can't down load. My computer is new and running windows 8.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Jun 14, 14 7:18 AM
I am having trouble with the stone statue that requires a nameplate. Once the nameplate is applied, the letters should appear, I suppose, on it to open something? The letters for me appear at the bottom of the cut screen so nothing happens. Therefore, I am unable to proceed.

Any ideas?

grama4jr
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

I cant get the demo to play

[Post New]by grama4jr on Jun 14, 14 7:44 AM
Have dowloaded it twice says complete but when I click on it it says
"failed to initialize Direct 3D"
HELP

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jun 14, 14 7:59 AM
ladygem6 wrote:I am having trouble with the stone statue that requires a nameplate. Once the nameplate is applied, the letters should appear, I suppose, on it to open something? The letters for me appear at the bottom of the cut screen so nothing happens. Therefore, I am unable to proceed.

Any ideas?

I think you need to click on the groups of letters to make the correct name (which should be in your journal).

Hope that helps.

T57

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Jun 14, 14 8:00 AM
I have the problem that I neither can do the trial nor could I buy the game. There are simply NO buttons to do so . Is there something wrong with your homepage ?

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

I cant get the demo to play

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jun 14, 14 8:03 AM
grama4jr wrote:Have dowloaded it twice says complete but when I click on it it says
"failed to initialize Direct 3D"
HELP

Do you get a pop-up asking you to agree to installing Direct 3D? Have you blocked pop-ups maybe?

I used to always decline when using my OH's computer for games and so they would not run.

Just a thought, but I am no techie!

T57

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jun 14, 14 8:05 AM
gernespieler wrote:I have the problem that I neither can do the trial nor could I buy the game. There are simply NO buttons to do so . Is there something wrong with your homepage ?

gernespieler, if there are no buttons, I'd guess you are either not logged in or not a game club member. The game is TGT = "tomorrow's game today", which are available on that first day only to club members, AFAIK.

Edited on 06/14/2014 at 8:06:26 AM PST

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jun 14, 14 8:05 AM
gernespieler wrote:I have the problem that I neither can do the trial nor could I buy the game. There are simply NO buttons to do so . Is there something wrong with your homepage ?

Have you been logged out? I sometimes get this and, checking above, see that I am not logged in and so appear ineligible to trial/buy Tomorrow's Game Today.

T57

manticore
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by manticore on Jun 14, 14 9:21 AM
ladygem6 wrote:I am having trouble with the stone statue that requires a nameplate. Once the nameplate is applied, the letters should appear, I suppose, on it to open something? The letters for me appear at the bottom of the cut screen so nothing happens. Therefore, I am unable to proceed.

Any ideas?

I'm having the same problem - the letters are BELOW the nameplate.....if I click on the place that they SHOULD be, they scroll but don't appear in their proper place.....

Maryish
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Maryish on Jun 14, 14 9:39 AM
Unable to get a full screen for this game.

Also similiar issue as below with nameplate on stature
No letters show up for me to proceed forward

Lots of errors lately with BF games so disappointing.

Not a buy for me.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jun 14, 14 9:42 AM
Hey there Everyone,

I see there are some issues posted here in the thread which I can address shortly.

In the meantime, if you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

grama4jr
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Tuff57

[Post New]by grama4jr on Jun 14, 14 10:09 AM
It never ask me to load any thing...and I am computer illeterate..that really helps doesnt it But have never had a problem with any of their other games..But a big THANKS for you help

grama4jr
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Tuff57

[Post New]by grama4jr on Jun 14, 14 10:09 AM
It never ask me to load any thing...and I am computer illeterate..that really helps doesnt it But have never had a problem with any of their other games..But a big THANKS for you help

sanmal21
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by sanmal21 on Jun 14, 14 12:43 PM
Same problem with the stone head. Letters show up below the picture and can't move on until this issue is resolved.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jun 14, 14 1:50 PM
Hey all,

grama4j, sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling the game can help bypass strange errors like that, which are often caused because all of the game's files did not load correctly. I have provided some steps in the link below:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

For those of you running into problems progressing in the game, running the game as an administrator can make sure the computer has access to all the game's files. I have posted steps for this as well in the blue link below:

Run Game as Administrator

If you are still running into problems, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps can troubleshoot this issue for you to figure out what's going on.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

Disbeliever
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by Disbeliever on Jun 14, 14 2:53 PM
Everything was going along fine with my game until the very end of the trial. After meeting the dragon, I was being shown scenes of what was yet to come and all of a sudden, the screen went black, the game cursor froze, and I had to use ctrl+alt=del to get out of the game. Once out of the game, I saw that I had an access violation, though I don't remember exactly what the violation was. I am playing on a Windows 7 computer and I am always logged in as the Administrator.

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Jun 14, 14 4:34 PM

Any ideas?

I have the same problem...

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 14, 14 7:35 PM
HI there,
Maybe those those of you who are having problems with the pedestal need to go back outside and find the evidence/name yourself for this part to work . Oftentimes in these types of games there is a trigger event that needs to be completed.
Cheers

Edited on 06/14/2014 at 11:24:18 PM PST

Go to: