lornaovenden1
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

bonus chapter - hall of darkness

[Post New]by lornaovenden1 on Jun 14, 14 10:54 AM
I am told that more light is needed. the strategy guide says "Select the 7 orbs. All orbs must be lit simultaneously to complete the puzzle". What are you supposed to do? The strategy guide does not help.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

Re:bonus chapter - hall of darkness

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jun 14, 14 11:03 AM
Hi Lornaovenden1

You have to light all of them as quickly as possible so they are all alight before the first one extinguishes again. This is not easy using a mouse. You have to be very fast, but it is doable. If you have a touchscreen it's much simpler.

Good luck.

lornaovenden1
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lornaovenden1 on Jun 14, 14 11:13 AM
thanks - I managed to do it, not easy!

Edited on 06/14/2014 at 11:13:26 AM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jun 14, 14 12:25 PM
I enjoyed the main game very much but trying to light all the orbs with a touch pad on my laptop was impossible and I stopped playing from frustration. Disappointing there isn't a skip button.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 14, 14 7:27 PM
Er, My problem with this was different - I thought the yellow was "alight" as it was brighter ..... than the greenish colour.
The 4 farthings dropped eventually.

Edited on 06/14/2014 at 7:27:59 PM PST

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jun 14, 14 9:15 PM
I haven't been able to click on the bulbs fast enough either. I don't have a touch screen and don't want one. Shame on the developer for putting in something that those of us who can no longer click at the speed of light to accomplish since there is no skip on this little bit of nonsense.

Edit: I finally figured it out. Change the cursor to the software cursor in the options and it will click on the bulbs faster. Good luck.

Edited on 06/14/2014 at 10:26:04 PM PST

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 15, 14 3:17 AM
Even after changing the cursor to the system cursor as Penny suggested I still cannot get all the lights on, my best attempt is 5 lights.

I am really disappointed with the programmers for not adding a skip button, especially for this puzzle which relies on speed. I just wish one of my grandchildren were here as they would probably be able to do it.

Joanken
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Joanken on Jun 15, 14 9:37 AM
I also could not do it fast enough playing in normal mode.
I switched to casual mode and did it right away.
You can then switch back to normal to complete the
bonus game.

PirateGirl212
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by PirateGirl212 on Jun 15, 14 10:25 AM
I'm having the same problem I did try what Penny said but still couldn't get it I also wish there was a skip button on this puzzle.

vic2636
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by vic2636 on Jun 15, 14 12:04 PM
why develop a game that is impossible for some to complete? I really believe that we should get a refund for a game that is impossible for those of us who do not have a touch screen.

sheilafaye
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheilafaye on Jun 15, 14 12:55 PM
I agree; we should get a refund. I buy both Collector's Editions nearly every week, in addition to other games, and have done so for most of the time Big Fish has been a company. I'm very frustrated with this element. I tried everything---changing to system cursor, switching to casual mode, and the best I can manage, with my mouse, is five lights. Don't they know that some players have physical limitations? This is foolish. Why not at least allow a skip on the puzzle?

Otherwise, it has been a very enjoyable game. This particular element was poorly thought out.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 15, 14 1:40 PM
I was about to ask for refund of a collector's edition game credit because of the very short time you had to achieve it, but unexpectantly was asked to babysit one of my grandsons. He wanted an ice cream, then supper followed by another ice cream.and I wanted the lights turned on! 3 seconds later he did it and the game was up and running again. It's a shame it didn't take 3 seconds to make his supper!

As far as I can remember this "puzzle" was the only one that didn't have a Skip button which is not good for us "oldies", i.e. 50+ years.

The developers should take note that their "audience" is made up from 3 years old to 57 years old (that's my family) and I am the only one most likely to purchase a game as opposed to my 3 year old grandchild.
e
I have arthiritis in my hands so I absolutely CANNOT click on 7 lights within 4 seconds. Yes I timed it! Although I don't usually use a Skip button, I would have welcomed one this time around.

Bottom line - cater for everyone's needs and not just for the young.

Edited on 06/15/2014 at 1:56:05 PM PST

[Post New]by pam72149cunningh on Jun 15, 14 6:03 PM
I'm in agreement with everyone else. This game stinks! Of all the games with a skip button, why not here! pam

GimmeAHint
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by GimmeAHint on Jun 15, 14 8:35 PM
I'm requesting a refund after half an hour of trying to get the bulbs to light up even in casual mode and with a reset cursor. I'm using a touchpad and even my son can't do it.

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jun 16, 14 5:13 AM
Well, I am 56, with a mouse/laptop and I did it! You just have to keep chasing them!

T57

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 16, 14 5:42 AM
Tufty57 wrote:Well, I am 56, with a mouse/laptop and I did it! You just have to keep chasing them!

T57
And I am 64 and did it too.

Joanken
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Joanken on Jun 16, 14 2:11 PM
I just turned 70 and I did it. Although I switched to casual
mode. Then back to normal.

punky26
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by punky26 on Jun 17, 14 10:33 AM
that is the last Big Fish game I will ever buy. I got a coupon for another game that couldn't be finished, used it for this and can not turn the lights off fast enough.
Good bye Big Fish.

whimperx
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by whimperx on Jun 18, 14 3:13 AM
I have tried all the suggestions and counted the seconds. I cannot do this. My very adept son could not do it either. Very disappointing. I agree, that there should have been a skip option. So many of the other puzzles had that option and I didn't need them. Too many recent games have had problems. There must be a better game site!

[Post New]by maxzer on Jun 18, 14 4:11 AM
I have tried everything and I still cannot get them to all light up. Ruins such a great game up until this point.

Go to: