Price Increase

[Post New]by yvetteb_007 on Jun 14, 14 12:49 PM
I always used to pay USD 6.99 for a credit. Now all of a sudden i am being charged .98c tax on top of this. On Collectors Editions we are now paying more than the USD 13.99 price advertised. This is false advertising. On your fathers day special we are paying more than the USD 8.99 advertised. Who else believes this is false advertising.

maryerbe
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

Re:Price Increase

[Post New]by maryerbe on Sep 10, 14 3:45 PM
i do with todays sale half price should be what we always pay for a game ,not the 19:99,half of that i would never pay that much for a game to me this is not a sale its false advertisement .

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Dec 28, 14 12:30 AM
Where are you from?

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 28, 14 4:15 PM
Hey yvetteb_007

It sounds like recently your region may have implemented a sales tax, which applies to all sales, including those online. The price shown for a game is the price before taxes are applied, and hasn't been raised at all.

We, along with other online retailers, are legally required to apply taxes where applicable, so if a purchase is made in a region that applies a sales tax, this will also apply to our games. For more information on how sales tax applies to games, I've included the following help article:

Sales Tax and Value Added Tax (VAT) Requirements

As this question has now been addressed, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. If there are any questions that aren't specific to any single game, please feel free to PM one of the Mods, and we'll be happy to work with you

bfgVaiya

Go to: